Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, mrags said:

A helecopter view from inside the virtual concourses would be cool. 

too soon?

Looks wet in there.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Similarly I am worried Pegula botches this whole replacing McD thing one way or another. And pretty early into the life of this new stadium the team sucks. 

52 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I've got the cheapest club seats you can get and am at the top end of what I'm willing to pay for seasons.  I doubt the new stadium will have seats at the same price point with similar amenities that I get now.  So I'll probably just buy on the secondary marker the games I want to go to. 

So when is the virtual reality seat choosing extravaganza they promised would happen this year?

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Similarly I am worried Pegula botches this whole replacing McD thing one way or another. And pretty early into the life of this new stadium the team sucks. 

Maybe it will be Bills fans calling for Pegula to replace Coach McD botching it.

Pegula botched it when he signed agreement for new stadium rather than stall until he could move team without having large penality.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Pegula botched it when he signed agreement for new stadium rather than stall until he could move team without having large penality.

The $850 million penalty is not that much of an obstacle to anyone wanting to buy the Bills and move them. What are the Bills worth now? $4 billion? An NFL franchise in Toronto is probably worth $6-7 billion.  You buy for $4B and pay $1B in penalty. $5B will seem like a bargain.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Whenever this thread pops up, all I keep thinking about is those ridiculous “Just Freeze Baby” banners.  I really hope those don’t end up happening. It would be embarrassing in a 2 billion dollar stadium. 😂 

Much less embossing to move game to a different stadium.

Green Bay Packers have colder stadium.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looks wet in there.

So when is the virtual reality seat choosing extravaganza they promised would happen this year?

That’s what I want to know. I was told on multiple occasions from multiple reps that it was supposed to be done in the spring. Then the summer. Then the fall. Then in about 2 weeks, about 3 months ago. Just like images of of the virtual concourses, etc. no where to be found. It’s either by design or it’s complete failure on the part of someone. And if I had t had multiple sources tell me on multiple occasions about it happening I would have thought it was by design. I’m not buying that anymore tho. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The $850 million penalty is not that much of an obstacle to anyone wanting to buy the Bills and move them. What are the Bills worth now? $4 billion? An NFL franchise in Toronto is probably worth $6-7 billion.  You buy for $4B and pay $1B in penalty. $5B will seem like a bargain.

I think what you are forgetting is rich people don’t like to part with their own money that is one of the many reasons they are rich they use other people’s money the tax payer. Toronto isn’t ever happening for the NFL because they don’t give public money like that. Plus Toronto and Canada in general have more issues than the United States they have to solve than to give away $4 billion dollars to Terry Pegula or anyone NFL owner. Toronto isn’t building the Bills a $4 or $5 billion dollar stadium. The Toronto Blue Jays don’t even get that they are privately renovating a very outdated Rogers Centre.

The NFL isn’t moving the Buffalo Bills to Toronto guaranteed it would be another economically more attractive and growing US city that the NFL can fleece public tax dollars from if it was to ever happen at all. And remember I don’t believe that the Green Bay Packers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers are anymore safe than the Buffalo Bills. Super Bowl championships mean nothing to the greedy NFL owners they moved the Oakland Raiders and St Louis Rams out of there cities so that doesn’t mean a hill of beans winning the Super Bowl protects them from moving. Being historical to the NFL didn’t stop the Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns from moving either. So it isn’t just it’s Buffalo any NFL team can be moved if you get a greedy owner they don’t think like a fan does in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Whenever this thread pops up, all I keep thinking about is those ridiculous “Just Freeze Baby” banners.  I really hope those don’t end up happening. It would be embarrassing in a 2 billion dollar stadium. 😂 

Agreed the “Just Freeze Baby” banners was ridiculous. Come up with a better idea than that. Hopefully the Buffalo Bills seats are like the new Los Angeles Clippers arena each seat is going to have a plug where you can plug in to recharge your cellular phones etc. I will be watching for little things like that because if it is a few ridiculous banner signs and some neon signs saying Bills Mafia in zubaz stripes with nothing for the Bills fans for $1.5 billion dollars we will know how ripped off the Buffalo community really was. I don’t care about Buffalo Bills administration offices and player locker room facilities. What is the Buffalo Bills fan getting? It better be more than look the Bills have real good pizza now and some wings? I can get that on every street corner of Western New York that isn’t special or unique. Because if that happens to be the case with no bells and whistles for the Bills fan than you know people involved where on the take. What concerns me is this new Bills stadium just looks like a larger version more up to date version of Rich Stadium and Sahlen’s Field. Which there is nothing wrong with those two facilities but for the amount this stadium it’s costing the fans one would think you get more than slanted seating and some fancy bar areas.

The new Buffalo Bills scoreboard better not be small and crappy for that kind of money. Also our Bills Championship banners and retire numbers better be in the stadium seating bowl not in some dark hallway inside the stadium that you got to stumble upon while walking around the stadium concourse. There are so many concerns it’s not funny because the Bills organization is too vague about those type of things. Yes I don’t trust the Bills that they would do right about something like that. The Buffalo Bisons over the years got greedier and greedier about profits with advertising all over more and more. Our Bisons championship wall is still inside the stadium seating bowl at least inside a corner. But the wall and the Bisons retired numbers kept moving further and further into the corner for advertising. For a while the Bisons tried to see if anyone would notice and took down the Bisons championship wall and it was only because Bisons fans complained they rehung the championship wall in the corner so watch for stuff like that with the Bills. Because those are the little things Buffalo Super Fan looks for don’t embarrass the Buffalo fans with your greed the championship banners and retired numbers belong inside the stadium seating bowl for all to see that is part of being a Buffalo fan celebrating our Bills and Bisons tradition in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Bisons! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe it will be Bills fans calling for Pegula to replace Coach McD botching it.

The insinuation that talking about Pegula is off limits because the Bills are still here is silly and unfair at best. 

Where does it start and end? Imagine if the Bills hired renowned international futbol manager Ralph Kruger and went 4-13. But hey, this team could be playing in San Antonio, so STFU. 

Edited by Mango
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think what you are forgetting is rich people don’t like to part with their own money that is one of the many reasons they are rich they use other people’s money the tax payer. Toronto isn’t ever happening for the NFL because they don’t give public money like that. Plus Toronto and Canada in general have more issues than the United States they have to solve than to give away $4 billion dollars to Terry Pegula or anyone NFL owner. Toronto isn’t building the Bills a $4 or $5 billion dollar stadium. The Toronto Blue Jays don’t even get that they are privately renovating a very outdated Rogers Centre.

The NFL isn’t moving the Buffalo Bills to Toronto guaranteed it would be another economically more attractive and growing US city that the NFL can fleece public tax dollars from if it was to ever happen at all. And remember I don’t believe that the Green Bay Packers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers are anymore safe than the Buffalo Bills. Super Bowl championships mean nothing to the greedy NFL owners they moved the Oakland Raiders and St Louis Rams out of there cities so that doesn’t mean a hill of beans winning the Super Bowl protects them from moving. Being historical to the NFL didn’t stop the Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns from moving either. So it isn’t just it’s Buffalo any NFL team can be moved if you get a greedy owner they don’t think like a fan does in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I'm in shock.

You used two paragraphs

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except the associated press and national media and the Buffalo media all talked about the clause in Ralph Wilson's contract which forbade even negotiating with somebody who was going to move the team..  that extends on to pegula 

Terry pegula cannot entertain an offer where somebody wants to move the bills per the clause that Ralph Wilson put in

Ralph had ironclad clauses where the buyer cannot entertain moving the bills til 23

Now that the stadium is Being built.... The bills are here for the next 25 years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Except the associated press and national media and the Buffalo media all talked about the clause in Ralph Wilson's contract which forbade even negotiating with somebody who was going to move the team..  that extends on to pegula 

Terry pegula cannot entertain an offer where somebody wants to move the bills per the clause that Ralph Wilson put in

Ralph had ironclad clauses where the buyer cannot entertain moving the bills til 23

Now that the stadium is Being built.... The bills are here for the next 25 years

It’s really such a shame. We could have ended this misery finally 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mango said:

The insinuation that talking about Pegula is off limits because the Bills are still here is silly and unfair at best. 

Where does it start and end? Imagine if the Bills hired renowned international futbol manager Ralph Kruger and went 4-13. But hey, this team could be playing in San Antonio, so STFU. 

Perfect example here. The insinuation is Terry Pegula personally hired Ralph Krueger, when it was his GM Jason Boterill who brought him in. Yes, Terry probably had to bless the hire, but no doubt he put his trust in his GM when he did. What do we all say? We don't want a meddling owner, right? 

If you can cite specific example of how Terry Pegula interfered with team operations, other than to sign off on his manager's decisions, then we have something to talk about. If you're case is "well he's the owner and he's ultimately responsible" then please STFU.

And never forget the only reason you have either team still in Buffalo to B word about is Terry.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The $850MM repayment clause isn't the massive obstacle it's touted to be. Also do you think that clause will hold in court? The NFL has the ultimate say where its franchises play. They can revoke the Bills franchise and create a new expansion team if they wanted to.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The $850MM repayment clause isn't the massive obstacle it's touted to be. Also do you think that clause will hold in court? The NFL has the ultimate say where its franchises play. They can revoke the Bills franchise and create a new expansion team if they wanted to.

The owners have the ultimate say werr they play and pegula owns a quarter of downtown Buffalo including the sabers and bandits

He's not destroying his legacy in Western New York by moving the bills please just stop man

I don't know why people put time into negative emotions like this when it isn't going to happen

Edited by Buffalo716

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The owners have the ultimate say werr they play and pegula owns a quarter of downtown Buffalo including the sabers and bandits

He's not destroying his legacy in Western New York by moving the bills please just stop man

I don't know why people put time into negative emotions like this when it isn't going to happen

What's his legacy now? People are screaming he should sell. He might not move the teams but he could cash out. If I heard what a s####y owner I was every day and how I ought to sell the team, I'd think about it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What's his legacy now? People are screaming he should sell. He might not move the teams but he could cash out. If I heard what a s####y owner I was every day and how I ought to sell the team, I'd think about it.

Welcome to the life of pro sports lol what?

Every single player coach and owner is a Target in the media...

It's nothing new ... 

His legacy is owning the sabers and Americans and bandits... And keeping the bills in Buffalo

Ralph was trashed heavily while he was alive and is now beloved after his death .. except for the people who still call him cheap

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think close to a billion dollars is still a significant obstacle for anyone, no matter how rich they are. I’m sure with all the public money involved in the new stadium project, there are probably some pretty ironclad provisions regarding relocation. And I’m not sure the NFL can just “revoke” a franchise. 

Omg some people have absolutely no clue. Some of you really think $1B is that big of a deal to these multi billionaire owners, who would have some new city willing to fork over Billions in funding to earn a new stadium. 

in the same breath talk about it’s no easy to move or revoke a team? You do realize the Colts packed up in the middle of the night once. Then the Browns moved to Baltimore. Then the Rams moved from LA, to STL, back to LA. And we don’t even want to bring up all the moves the Raiders have went through in the last 30 years. Hell, there isn’t a single professional sports team in Oakland anymore once the As officially move.

Nothing is off the table. These owners and leagues care about absolutely nothing other than money. You might get the occasional sap like Pegula that wants to own a sports franchise in a certain town. But if he cannot produce for the rest of the league monetarily, he will be asked, or forced to leave for greener pastures. Or the league and its owners will just force him out. 

owners in leagues get blackballed. It’s a fact. Look at Snyder. Look at Don Sterling. They are all in the good ole boys clubs and if they are not getting along in the league the leagues will find ways to get them out or make it beneficial for them to leave. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because most of you know I’m very much into this stuff, see if you can google the new year-in-construction-review progress video just posted on the New Everton Football Club waterfront stadium. I cannot help but be envious of what they’re creating and can’t help but think of how cool something like it would’ve been on a very similar downtown Buffalo waterfront site. The Everton stadium will open this coming summer and so the last months progress shows seats and video screens being installed. In a word….wow! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/9/2023 at 2:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Welcome to the life of pro sports lol what?

Every single player coach and owner is a Target in the media...

It's nothing new ... 

His legacy is owning the sabers and Americans and bandits... And keeping the bills in Buffalo

Ralph was trashed heavily while he was alive and is now beloved after his death .. except for the people who still call him cheap

He was cheap.  Damn good man overall and a blessing to the city of Buffalo. It's possible to be both.

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if they are behind schedule?  Drove by the site last Saturday, and they were working away(not just a skeleton crew)…on a holiday weekend no less. 

They want the overtime.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, The Wiz said:

Stadium will be built by the time those VR tours are done.

They'll just let you sit in the actual seats at this rate.

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if they are behind schedule?  Drove by the site last Saturday, and they were working away(not just a skeleton crew)…on a holiday weekend no less. 

Maybe they’re trying to take advantage of the relatively mild winter up to this point? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I remember when Covid hit, and the entire country basically shut down. At the time the Islanders were having UBS built and the construction crews had to stop for a few months before they could go back to work. The arena still got built on time. If they have to, they could go 24-7 to play catch up.

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The stadium is starting to become behind schedule. No contracts for mechanical’s have been awarded yet. The contracts were supposed to be awarded on Halloween and here we are January 2nd with nothing. The more they delay the bigger the supply issues become.