RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Big Body with nice hands 

smooth in transitions and smooth running. Gears down going into breaks and takes a bit coming out of them. Massive Questions on ability to separate. 

contested catch and 50/50 ball WR. He wins those most times. Decent speed for size. 

plays to his size. Will use his body to shield defenders good at finding holes in Zones 

my grade was 6th rounder with biggest thing I have written alot can he separate. questions. 

think a more athletes Kumerow here. I have better six speed candidates on my list. 

Where did you read that?  Everything I read is that he drops a lot of balls and makes body catches. In fact if you look at those highlights earlier in  the thread he never highpoints the ball.  He lets it come into his body.

Can't teach size though

But hopefully you can teach him how to catch.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Out with the smurfs, in with Shorter..

I don’t hate this….and I usually hate everything. I never liked the idea of smurfs with Josh’s skill set. There’s no room for error throwing to smurfs.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Big physical outside WR that has trouble separating. I see similarly profiled players get drafted sooner than this so I'm fine with the value.

Edit: Ignore that first clip of Kincaid, I can't find a way to remove it for some reason.

This says he has GREAT hands. 5.5% drop rate (good 🤷‍♂️) but fans who watch the Gators are saying he drops a lot. Which is correct?

• Like (+1) 1

This is what you want your team doing. Draft elite traits in late rounds. 

ELITE Size and Speed WR 

his weaknesses can be coaches out. My only question is can enough route running coaching give him the tools not to gear down and lose the Seperation he did gain. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

But the draft boards, and intensive scouting and film study, of wannabe draftniks, say otherwise!

Well good thing I'm a draft noob who doesn't follow what those wannabes say heh.  NFL.com has him graded as a "good backup with the potential to be a starter", and he was the top receiver prospect in the nation coming out of high school.  From the sounds of it, would have been a day 1 or 2 pick had his college career and development not been hampered by injuries.  Sounds like a good prospect (as in NOT a reach) to develop from the 5th round.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jonah Bronstein

@lebronstein

·

5m

#Bills 5th-round draft pick Justin Shorter was the No. 1-rated WR in the 2018 recruiting class, ahead of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jaylen Waddle & Ja’Marr Chase

There's obviously talent there but he hasn't lived up to expectations for whatever reason.  Up to the Bills to pull it out of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Where did you read that?  Everything I read is that he drops a lot of balls and makes body catches. In fact if you look at those highlights earlier in  the thread he never highpoints the ball.  He lets it come into his body.

Can't teach size though

Great hands 5.5% drop rate (6 drops on 177 targets)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Can't teach size though

My own analysis of watching him in draft prep. That is where I read it from. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Anybody going to try and justify this pick as BPA?

Late rounds aren’t really an area where BPA should be argued. At this point you’re basically drafting guys with specific traits that fit what you want to do. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.