TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Panthers (Draconator) are on the clock

With the 1st pick in the TSW Mock Draft 2.0, the Carolina Panthers select

Bryce Young - QB - Alabama

The Panthers strongly considered Anthony Richardson with this pick but felt that Young would be the best fit and progress the most under Head Coach Frank Reich. 

The Texans @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

With the 1st pick in the TSW Mock Draft 2.0, the Carolina Panthers select

Bryce Young - QB - Alabama

The Panthers strongly considered Anthony Richardson with this pick but felt that Young would be the best fit and progress the most under Head Coach Frank Reich. 

The Texans @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

Damn, I didn't even set my DVR yet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Texans (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select:  QB, CJ Stroud, Ohio State CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are excited to get our guy and who we believe will be the leader of our franchise for the foreseeable future.  CJ has everything we want in a QB and we believe his intangibles will translate into being a great passer at this next level. 

@manncand the Arizona Cardinals are now on the clock!  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Punter and kicker first two rounds.

I have genuinely wondered whether the play for the Packers is a good player at a low impact position. Because if Jordan Love is good, fine it wasn't the best use of a 1st, but you have a good player at a cheap price for 5 years. If Love is bad you haven't given him someone to artificially prop him up. And if we lose games this year we might be in touching distance of a better QB next year, and we can get rid of Matt LaFleur... which would be a big part of my plan if I was their GM for real. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have genuinely wondered whether the play for the Packers is a good player at a low impact position. Because if Jordan Love is good, fine it wasn't the best use of a 1st, but you have a good player at a cheap price for 5 years. If Love is bad you haven't given him someone to artificially prop him up. And if we lose games this year we might be in touching distance of a better QB next year, and we can get rid of Matt LaFleur... which would be a big part of my plan if I was their GM for real. 

Lol I totally get that perspective because I’ve always thought Love was a huge reach and next year’s QB class is looking pretty special

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have put themselves in a tough spot because that 5th year option is coming up in 2024 already and its 20 million and Love hasn’t proven anything. They have to decide if they are picking that up in the next few weeks. 

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They have put themselves in a tough spot because that 5th year option is coming up in 2024 already and its 20 million and Love hasn’t proven anything. They have to decide if they are picking that up in the next few weeks. 

When we do these I always try and take a team where I think the answers are not easy, because they are at a critical point of the build or the re-load or the tear down.... that is why Green Bay was on my list. They are in a tough spot. All five receivers on their current roster came out last year.... their own 2nd, 4th and 7th round picks, a 7th round pick that they plucked off the Seattle PS and an UDFA. It is going to be really hard to evaluate Jordan Love fairly or properly in that scenario and equally it is going to be hard to evaluate those young receivers fairly playing with Love as, essentially, a 4th season rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cardinals (mannc) are on the clock

With the 3rd pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft 2.0, the Arizona Cardinals select Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech.

Wilson is easily the top edge rusher in this class, with a much higher upside than Will Anderson, who was not even a consideration for us.  Wilson was double-teamed constantly at Texas Tech and still wreaked havoc. 6’6”, with an enormous wingspan and great athletic ability, Wilson reminds us of Julius Peppers.  (He even looks like Peppers.)

The Cards need help everywhere, so IRL, they would be seriously listening to offers for this pick, but in a no-trade mock, we’re going with the edge rusher with the most upside.

The Colts and @BarleyNY are on the clock.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (BarelyNY) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, goober said:

Barely or Barly? 

Barley. I was a brewer (both home and professional) and certified beer judge.

With the fourth pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida.

@NewEra is on the clock for the Seattle Seahawks.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (NewEra) are on the clock

Chargers are an interesting study....  I don't see any GLARING needs, but a collection of average needs at multiple positions.  Interesting.  Chargers could be a wildcard team with respect to taking players at positions the Bills need.  Just putting that out there for Bills fans to munch on.  This could go many directions.

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Chargers are an interesting study....  I don't see any GLARING needs, but a collection of average needs at multiple positions.  Interesting.  Chargers could be a wildcard team with respect to taking players at positions the Bills need.  Just putting that out there for Bills fans to munch on.  This could go many directions.

All the articles I see have them going WR, as they just can't seem to stay healthy in that area.  

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Kincaid all day.  

With the 5th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select, Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia 

We thought about Anderson.  We even contemplated Skoronski, but eventually decided that carters upside is well worth the risk even with the red flags.  We have huge holes on the DL and Anderson isn’t a huge upside guy, but rather a very safe pick in our opinion.  We also feel good about Nwosu and Taylor on the outside.  Skoronski would be a guard for us, so that effectively eliminated him from the equation.

@NeverOutNick and the lions are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 6

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (NeverOutNick) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m afraid so.  Chargers really need some receivers who can stretch the field, though.  Despite Herbert’s talent, they are a dink and dunk offense.

I think Kincaid to the chargers is the perfect fit and will unlock the entire offense and will help Herbert reach elite status this season. 

I think Williams and Palmer are good enough feel threat to take the top off.  Not due to speed, but rather size, body control and contested catch ability.  

I put the majority of the blame and lack of downfield passes on the fired OC Joe Lombardi and the injury to Rashawn Slater and the OL.  They could use another speed guy, but in this draft- I think Kincaid moves the needle a bit more than anyone.  JSN makes a lot of sense as Allens successor, but I doubt he’s there.

With the 6th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Will Anderson Jr, Edge, Bama

Detroit was ready to pounce on DT Jalen Carter but is ecstatic to land Anderson! This feels eerily similar to last year where a team (teams) passes on the most plug and play ready players in the draft for potential (Travon Walker cough couch). This was a no brainer even with Hutchison and the emerging Houston already in place. You can never have too many good pass rushers and Detroit is one of the few teams in the NFL that doesn’t have a pressing need and the luxury of a lot of early draft capital. 

@TOboy and the Raiders are on the clock 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

All the articles I see have them going WR, as they just can't seem to stay healthy in that area.  

Yea they have to go receiver for me. Allen was hurt last year, is about to turn 31 and can't separate like he used to and Mike Williams is not there next year playing on a $32m cap hit. 

Could they go Kincaid? Sure, they could. He is a receiving weapon. But they have a dire need at receiver. I think both of their starters have holes and I don't expect either to be on the roster after this year. If Johnston is there I am pretty confident he is the pick. Telesco has never drafted a receiver under 6ft before the throw away rounds in 10 years. If he is gone, then Kincaid is more likely than one of the smaller receivers I think. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think Kincaid to the chargers is the perfect fit and will unlock the entire offense and will help Herbert reach elite status this season. 

I think Williams and Palmer are good enough feel threat to take the top off.  Not due to speed, but rather size, body control and contested catch ability.  

I put the majority of the blame and lack of downfield passes on the fired OC Joe Lombardi and the injury to Rashawn Slater and the OL.  They could use another speed guy, but in this draft- I think Kincaid moves the needle a bit more than anyone.  JSN makes a lot of sense as Allens successor, but I doubt he’s there.

I worry not adding speed outside allows teams to continue to sit at the sticks which was a very effective strategy against them last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they have to go receiver for me. Allen was hurt last year, is about to turn 31 and can't separate like he used to and Mike Williams is not there next year playing on a $32m cap hit. 

Could they go Kincaid? Sure, they could. He is a receiving weapon. But they have a dire need at receiver. I think both of their starters have holes and I don't expect either to be on the roster after this year. If Johnston is there I am pretty confident he is the pick. Telesco has never drafted a receiver under 6ft before the throw away rounds in 10 years. If he is gone, then Kincaid is more likely than one of the smaller receivers I think. 

I worry not adding speed outside allows teams to continue to sit at the sticks which was a very effective strategy against them last year. 

Can’t suck blood from a stone Gb.  

With the 7th pick in the 2023 draft the Las Vegas Raiders are proud to select Paris Johnson Jr from the Ohio State University. 

Upgrading the line and protecting Jimmy G are a clear priority for Vegas and Paris gives us an immediate starter on the right side and eventual LT

The Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock. 

@Might Rather

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (Might Rather) are on the clock
21 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 6th pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Will Anderson Jr, Edge, Bama

Detroit was ready to pounce on DT Jalen Carter but is ecstatic to land Anderson! This feels eerily similar to last year where a team (teams) passes on the most plug and play ready players in the draft for potential (Travon Walker cough couch). This was a no brainer even with Hutchison and the emerging Houston already in place. You can never have too many good pass rushers and Detroit is one of the few teams in the NFL that doesn’t have a pressing need and the luxury of a lot of early draft capital. 

@TOboy and the Raiders are on the clock 

Jalen Carter is THE most plug and play player in the draft imo.  

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Jalen Carter is THE most plug and play player in the draft imo.  

Can’t argue with that. Him and Anderson are right there imo. DT is a position the lions and Seahawks should upgrade and Carter is a man among boys so I get it. He has the character concerns but looking at the lions roster and how Campbell operates I would’ve taken the chance on Carter over Anderson as well. Good pick 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (Doc Brown) are on the clock
20 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

**ADVISORY!**

Anyone interested in selecting the KC Chiefs is advised to disable your internal TBD-TSW messaging capabilities.  Zerovoltz will probably try to pull a 'Morty Seinfeld / Del Boca Vista Phase III' puppet master regime over your stewardship! 😳

Should pick a Long Snapper for them in the 1st round, Just for fun.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 9th selection, the Bears select Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State

The Bears get their OT to help protect Fields who they believe is the best tackle in the class.  The Bears also considered Witherspoon as they didn't expect him to drop this far but the depth at CB in the draft convinced them they could draft one in later rounds.

The Eagles @Logicare on the clock.

Try again

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

Try again

I will.  Thanks.

With the 9th selection, the Bears select Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

The Bears get a nasty lineman to protect Fields.  No matter where he lines up he immediately upgrades their offensive line.  The Bears also considered Witherspoon as they didn't expect him to drop this far but the depth at CB in the draft convinced them they could draft one in later rounds.

The Eagles @Logic on the clock.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock

With the 10th selection in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

While I feel that safety, defensive tackle, edge, and linebacker are all probably bigger "needs" for the Eagles, Witherspoon was simply too good of a talent to pass on at this spot. Howie Roseman also knows the importance of selecting high value positions when you possess a pick in the top 10, so the Eagles go value over need here.

While the Eagles just re-signed both Darius Slay and James Bradberry, Slay will be 32 years old this season, so an investment in cost-controlled youth at the position would a wise decision. Also, you can simply never have too many good corners.

Former Eagles west coast scout Daniel Jeremiah had this to say about the Eagles and Witherspoon
https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/why-devon-witherspoon-could-be-a-fit-for-the-eagles-at-no-10 :

“I just think Witherspoon is a stud..I think having been in that building and having seen Asante Samuel there, I think you could make an easy comparison there with just the play-making ability, taking the ball away...I think if you’re where the Eagles are right now, you’re thought process going into a draft, it’s not the division anymore, it’s not even the conference. It’s what do we have to do to win a Super Bowl? What do we have to do to get off the field when we’re going to have to go up against Patrick Mahomes or whoever else is coming out of the AFC? Be it Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, those are the guys you’re going to have to go through to win a championship...In that game [the Super Bowl LVII loss to the Chiefs], they couldn’t get off the field and I think they’ve got some really good pieces up front and I think finding somebody on the back end who could take the ball away, that could help their cause as well." 

@NeverOutNick  and the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

With the 11th selection in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

Will is still a very raw QB prospect but after bringing Will in for a private workout and reviewing his film Coach Vrabel fell in love with Will’s confidence, grit and ability to carry his team on his shoulders in critical moments. Learning from Ryan Tannehill this year will do Will a lot of good because Ryan is a great athlete in his own right and is going to be a great mentor to get Will ready to start for our Titans in 2024. 

@Alphadawg7 and the Texans are on the clock with the 12th pick

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Texans (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I will.  Thanks.

With the 9th selection, the Bears select Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

The Bears get a nasty lineman to protect Fields.  No matter where he lines up he immediately upgrades their offensive line.  The Bears also considered Witherspoon as they didn't expect him to drop this far but the depth at CB in the draft convinced them they could draft one in later rounds.

The Eagles @Logic on the clock.

Congrats you get the elevated PED Skoronski. 

image.thumb.png.c656ac9b39247c49dff934985992a5e0.png

With the 12th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:  WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We can not pass up an opportunity to reunite JSN with CJ here at the next level.  We love the chemistry these two have already exhibited and believe they can be the next Burrow-Chase type pairing here in the NFL.  We love the toughness JSN brings to the game and willingness to go over the middle, make contested catches, and track the ball.  He is an athletic and smooth route runner with soft hands.  We can't wait to see CJ and JSN continue to their journey together and anchor this offense and franchise for the years to come.  

Round 1, pick 2:  QB, CJ Stroud, Ohio State

Round 1, pick 11:  WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State

Round 2, Pick 33:  TBD

@aristocratand the NY Jests are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (aristocrat) are on the clock
5 hours ago, Might Rather said:

With the 8th pick in the 2023 draft the Atlanta Falcons select Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU 

Height-weight-speed prospect with the physical traits and upside to be a star in the NFL.

Da Bears @Doc Brown are on the clock

This is an exceedingly improbable pick.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 12th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:  WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We can not pass up an opportunity to reunite JSN with CJ here at the next level.  We love the chemistry these two have already exhibited and believe they can be the next Burrow-Chase type pairing here in the NFL.  We love the toughness JSN brings to the game and willingness to go over the middle, make contested catches, and track the ball.  He is an athletic and smooth route runner with soft hands.  We can't wait to see CJ and JSN continue to their journey together and anchor this offense and franchise for the years to come.  

Round 1, pick 2:  QB, CJ Stroud, Ohio State

Round 1, pick 11:  WR, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State

Round 2, Pick 33:  TBD

@aristocratand the NY Jests are now on the clock.

I expect the real draft to play out exactly like this with these 2 going to the texans

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

With the 8th pick in the 2023 draft the Atlanta Falcons select Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU 

Height-weight-speed prospect with the physical traits and upside to be a star in the NFL.

Da Bears @Doc Brown are on the clock

18 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

This is an exceedingly improbable pick.

Exceedingly improbable? The Falcons are determined to give Desmond Ridder a shot to be their QB of the future and their WR depth chart does not look good.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.