TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

The Minnesota Vikings select Jordan Addison, WR, USC.

The Vikings have needs at RB, WR, IOL, and DB.  Of those positions, Addison had the highest grade.  The Vikings are in full re-build mode and it's going to be a process.  For now, Addison will learn next to Jefferson and at least help keep the offense moving.

The Jaguars @MrEpsYtownare on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Vikings have needs at RB, WR, IOL, and DB.  Of those positions, Addison had the highest grade.  The Vikings are in full re-build mode and it's going to be a process.  For now, Addison will learn next to Jefferson and at least help keep the offense moving.

Really?  Why?

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Really?  Why?

All my Vikings buddies agree:  it’s rebuild time. They are hoping to trade back, accumulate picks to fill several holes: trade kirk;  tank for a QB next year.  

First and foremost- because they know Kirk Cousins will never win a SB.  They know they need something greater @ QB.  

They cut Zadarious and Kendricks.  Rumors of cutting/trading Dalvin.  Tomlinson is gone.  Hunter is going to hold out unless they pay him. They don’t have any good LBs or Corners.  Not one. 

needing a new QB + current cap sitch + overall less talented than the previous season = rebuild to me.  

their drafting of DBs over the last 2-3 years has really hurt the talent level of the roster.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All my Vikings buddies agree:  it’s rebuild time. They are hoping to trade back, accumulate picks to fill several holes: trade kirk;  tank for a QB next year.  

First and foremost- because they know Kirk Cousins will never win a SB.  They know they need something greater @ QB.  

They cut Zadarious and Kendricks.  Rumors of cutting/trading Dalvin.  Tomlinson is gone.  Hunter is going to hold out unless they pay him. They don’t have any good LBs or Corners.  Not one. 

needing a new QB + current cap sitch + overall less talented than the previous season = rebuild to me.  

their drafting of DBs over the last 2-3 years has really hurt the talent level of the roster.  

Is Cousins tradeable?  He’s still there…

37 minutes ago, mannc said:

Really?  Why?

In everything I looked at, those were the main positions of need.  Of those positions, Addison had the highest rating.  So it was a combination of BPA and need.

If we could trade, we would trade back.  Vikings need help everywhere and it's going to be a 2-3 year rebuild.  This is one step in that direction.

Also, because I said so 😋

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In everything I looked at, those were the main positions of need.  Of those positions, Addison had the highest rating.  So it was a combination of BPA and need.

If we could trade, we would trade back.  Vikings need help everywhere and it's going to be a 2-3 year rebuild.  This is one step in that direction.

Also, because I said so 😋

WR is absolutely a huge need for them.  As is CB, DT, LB, OL.  Lots of needs on that team rn.  

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I don't see it but why is Peter Skoronski a better pick than Broderick Jones and Darnell Wright. I fully believe that Skoronski is a guard in the NFL and the team that drafts him as a Tackle is making a big mistake. Not just this mock but I see him top 15 everywhere. Maybe in this draft I guess but he's more a mid to late 1 than an elite prospect imo.

• Like (+1) 1

With pick 24 in draft 2.0, The Jacksonville Jaguars select Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

Really good value here imo. Murphy is a monster and has natural size and burst.  The Jaguars need some help on the defensive line. With Walker and Allen, this is a bit of a luxury pick, but being able to throw those three guys at opposing QBs makes their secondary better and gives them a great chance to win. To me he is a top 15 player in the draft and I can’t pass him up. The Jaguars are kind of like the Bills where their roster doesn’t have glaring weaknesses and they are probably a pretty good trade up spot for Buffalo, though they may be looking at a lot of the same players. 

@LEBills And the Giants are on the clock

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 1

With the 25th pick in mock draft 2.0, the New York Football Giants select Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina

The Giants biggest need at this point is CB. As they have Adoree Jackson for another year and then a whole lot of nothing. Coming from the Bills tree, it is wise to look at their private workouts which Cam Smith happens to be one of. 

Smith is a battle tested corner who gets PBUs and INTs like they are going out of style. His aggressiveness will match well with the Giants aggressive defensive scheme.

The Cowgirls and @Virgil are in the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Yantha said:

For our Poll:

OT Darnell Wright

OT Broderick Jones

LB Jack Campbell

I'm sure some will add O'Cyrus Torrence, a few TE's and WR's......

Pretty good options in the v2.0 mock.

Take off Campbell and I’m all in for one of those two tackles. That would be amazing if we got one of them.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

For our Poll:

OT Darnell Wright

OT Broderick Jones

LB Jack Campbell

Broderick Jones went to the Commanders with pick #16. I'd mention who I want, but I'm sure Virgil is going to take him at 26 and annoy the hell out of me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Broderick Jones went to the Commanders with pick #16. I'd mention who I want, but I'm sure Virgil is going to take him at 26 and annoy the hell out of me. 

I have no idea who I’m taking. I have to ask my Cowboys BIL

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

To all fellow GMs and Virgil…

My sincerest apologies for missing my selection at #23. I am just now getting my technology back in my hands. I’ve been without cell and laptop since about 10:00AM (left my backpack in my colleagues vehicle 🙄😑). 

I so look forward to these drafts and making selections, trades, etc.. But what’s worse is holding up the process and you fellas for NO GOOD REASON and not being able to reach out to anyone in the process. 

Please forgive me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Yantha said:

For our Poll:

OT Darnell Wright

OT Broderick Jones

LB Jack Campbell

You have Jack Campbell as a top 27 player in this draft?

16 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

To all fellow GMs and Virgil…

My sincerest apologies for missing my selection at #23. I am just now getting my technology back in my hands. I’ve been without cell and laptop since about 10:00AM (left my backpack in my colleagues vehicle 🙄😑). 

I so look forward to these drafts and making selections, trades, etc.. But what’s worse is holding up the process and you fellas for NO GOOD REASON and not being able to reach out to anyone in the process. 

Please forgive me. 

Die Season 3 GIF by The Office

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You have Jack Campbell as a top 27 player in this draft?

Die Season 3 GIF by The Office

I have JC there but only as last resort.  In real life, I would only pick JC in a trade down.

I think there is a runaway option here......  but not saying the name either.    Let's see if Virgil thinks the Cowboys legit need "that guy".

I'm dusting off my choice number two (hin't it's not Campbell).

The Dallas Cowboys select Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah.

This was a no brainer for the Cowboys as it fit both our BPA and need.  We were thrilled to see Mayer go ahead of Kincaid and expect him to slide in and replace Dalton on Day 1.  

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Dallas Cowboys select Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah.

This was a no brainer for the Cowboys as it fit both our BPA and need.  We were thrilled to see Mayer go ahead of Kincaid and expect him to slide in and replace Dalton on Day 1.  

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock

Yep, you did it. It was a no-brainer.

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Running up the stage and hugging Goodell as we speak 

Yup, this is a no brainer to me. 

And with no MLB's gone, I'm trading up in the 2nd to get one of the top 3.  

I wouldn't care about the rest of the draft

It would be awesome if Wright were available at 27 on April 27, but something tells me that ain't happening.  That means there must be a few guys who we are mocking ahead of him who probably won't actually be gone before the Bills pick.  Just looking at the list, I'd say those guys are Cam Smith, Michael Mayer, and maybe Myles Murphy.  The other 23 seem like solid bets to be gone before we pick.   

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

It would be awesome if Wright were available at 27 on April 27, but something tells me that ain't happening.  That means there must be a few guys who we are mocking ahead of him who probably won't actually be gone before the Bills pick.  Just looking at the list, I'd say those guys are Cam Smith, Michael Mayer, and maybe Myles Murphy.  The other 23 seem like solid bets to be gone before we pick.   

But that’s what happens every year. Depends if there is a run on corners etc etc. People are going to go nuts when Keion White goes in the first. All that means is that the perception of all the talking heads didn’t match reality. And it always happens. Murphy is a top 10 player depending on which talking head we read. Some guys have Tyree Wilson falling into the 20s. Perception is usually close, but typically a bit off, especially in a weak draft like this. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

But that’s what happens every year. Depends if there is a run on corners etc etc. People are going to go nuts when Keion White goes in the first. All that means is that the perception of all the talking heads didn’t match reality. And it always happens. Murphy is a top 10 player depending on which talking head we read. Some guys have Tyree Wilson falling into the 20s. Perception is usually close, but typically a bit off, especially in a weak draft like this. 

Tyree Wilson isn’t lasting into the twenties.  But I agree that this first round is less predictable than usual.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Big Blitz) are on the clock

Going to get this in to make sure we’re off and running in the am.   

With the 28th pick, the Bengals select Anton Harrison, OT Oklahoma.  

We felt he was close with Wright and were good with either.  Collins may not be ready till mid season or later and depth is a real concern once we trade Jonah.  Harrison will be a starting tackle in the league possibly by week 1 and protecting Joe is priority number 1.  

We also considered Mauch - his former teammate is current Bengal Cordell Volson, but Mauch is still a bit lacking in pass pro and still a project.  Imo - a good fit for the Bills as a Guard.   

Tape dominating against Power 5 competition at 19 and 20 years old with room to further develop…..safe pick.  

Here is KC Chiefs Sports coverage breakdown on him:

The Saints and @BigdaddyinOrlando are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigDaddyInOrlando) are on the clock

With 29th pick in the draft the New Orleans Saints select Keion White edge from Georgia Tech

Thought about a guard here for the OL but the DL is void of talent especially after losing several players this offseason. White needs to refine his technique some but his measurables and athleticism is a welcome addition. 

The Eagles @Logic are now on the clock

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock
1 hour ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With 29th pick in the draft the New Orleans Saints select Deion White edge from Georgia Tech

Thought about a guard here for the OL but the DL is void of talent especially after losing several players this offseason. White needs to refine his technique some but his measurables and athleticism is a welcome addition. 

The Eagles @Logic are now on the clock

You're going to be surprised when someone drafts his twin brother Keion.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.