DO NOT DRAFT!

Zerovoltz

I don't have a dog in this fight but participating in the mock draft here, when the Bills have come up, there is alot of debate about who they should or should NOT take.

Post your guys that you hope the Bills avoid at all costs....who would piss you off if the Bills call their name and why.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Any safety, DT or LB in round 1-  

if it’s a pass rusher - so be it…. I wouldn’t like it but it’s a premium need-  unlike Mike 

that said- we’ll be drafting Mazi Smith-  DT with .5 sacks in 30 games

• Vomit 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Honestly if I don’t see an O linemen in the first 2 rounds drafted I’ll be pretty pissed. Other than that I’ll have a cooler head depending on the player lol

Higher needs at MLB and WR.  At this point, barring injury not likely a lineman would even be starting so maybe they trade down and get an extra 2nd round pick, then ok, but even then, safety would probably still rank as a higher need.

• Disagree 1

The guys that are true "do not draft" guys are rubbish late round possibles that I don't think can play.

The biggest consensus day 1 or 2 name that I would not draft in the first 3 rounds is Dawand Jones. 

If he slipped to round 4, sure I'd take a chance on the size. But he will go at latest round 3 and I wouldn't take him.

• Agree 1

any player that has 'undersized' or 'high motor' in their profile

If they're going to pick someone that's going to piss us all off (DL, CB, scat back) then they better be an absolute sure fire prospect and not a project

in fact, no projects.  day 1 starters only, at least in first 3 rounds

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

QB before round 6-7.

RB pretty much at all unless someone falls a stupid amount. If Bijan falls, then trade down. 

FB.

TE2 before round 4.

Jack Campbell at 27. 

K, P.

Anyone in rounds 1-3 who needs to sit most of his rookie year with the exception of Voorhees in the 3rd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Honestly if I don’t see an O linemen in the first 2 rounds drafted I’ll be pretty pissed. Other than that I’ll have a cooler head depending on the player lol

Get ready to be pissed.  I think Beane feels he’s already fortified the O-line in FA and they like Spencer Brown at RT.  I am steeling myself for MLB and DT/Edge with the first two picks, not necessarily in that order.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Get ready to be pissed.  I think Beane feels he’s already fortified the O-line in FA and they like Spencer Brown at RT.  I am steeling myself for MLB and DT/Edge with the first two picks, not necessarily in that order.

I don't think they are picking OL in the first two rounds either. 

I do, however, think they will pick a receiver. When the Bills have so many guys at a position in for pre-draft meetings they generally draft that position early. Not saying I know who, but I expect one of our first two picks to be receiver and the other to be a defensive player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

DO NOT DRAFT…, any good players…, 

as posted by a Chiefs fan…, 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

any player that has 'undersized' or 'high motor' in their profile

If they're going to pick someone that's going to piss us all off (DL, CB, scat back) then they better be an absolute sure fire prospect and not a project

in fact, no projects.  day 1 starters only, at least in first 3 rounds

Matt Milano used to be routinely referred to as "undersized."

Admittedly, I don't follow college football, and I'm just an observer when it comes to the draft. But I'm always a little suspicious of the guys who are deemed "NFL ready," or "day one starters." They often seem to be the high-floor, low-ceiling guys. I think Mac & Cheese Jones was looked at in that light. I remember when we drafted Zay Jones, and the buzz on him was that he was the "most NFL-ready wide receiver..." And he was. But he's been a below average #1 when in that position. 

I love that Beane will take chances on guys who might be raw, but have huge potential. I'm still looking forward to Groot's next step, and I loved the Spencer Brown pick. But is there a "day one starter" available to us in this draft who will be an impact player?

• Like (+1) 1

I could, of course be wrong, but I hope they don’t draft:

- Quentin Johnston - concerned about hands

- Bijon Robinson/Jahmyr Gibbs - RB too dependent on OL and won’t commit to running enough to justify.

- Brian Branch - most his experience is at sot corner, might be great S, but lesser priority position.

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

No RB in the first 4 rounds. Robinson is the only possible exception and I’m not even sure about that.

I'm with you, i wouldn't mind a short yardage guy in the late rounds or as a UDFA, but I want to see a full season of cook and Hines before we waste any more draft capital on a RB.

• Like (+1) 1

My unpopular opinion - Darnell Wright. It's nothing against the player. I just don't want to draft a RT only in the 1st round. Then we have a possible scenario where Spencer Brown takes a big step in his development and we either have our 1st rounder on the bench or two good players at the same position. Maybe Wright will be a great player but I'll take the risk of missing on a RT.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.