JSN Top 30 Visit with Bills

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think you're joking, but if you want to make Diggs happy, get him a better WR2 and OL help for Josh.

This is one of the main reasons I think Beane will go offense early. Both Diggs and Allen are unhappy due to the line and supporting cast, and they are our best players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

This is one of the main reasons I think Beane will go offense early. Both Diggs and Allen are unhappy due to the line and supporting cast, and they are our best players. 

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs thinks Davis is a WR1.

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all. Not one bit. Does any fan want an Aaron Rodgers type situation?  That’s where we are headed if we keep going defense and ignoring WR until round 4. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

45 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

If Josh isn't unhappy with his oline I would be quite surprised. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

Please don't encourage whorlnut's conspiracy theories, it already looks like he's going to lose it if we trade up and draft Jack Campbell. 

Yes, the players can have some input.  Just like what was reported to help Dorsey get the job.  And last year when the offense sputtered the veteran players did not say "let's get the rookies more involved".  No, they went out and brought back Smoke and Beas.

What the FO is doing to help the offense is moving monetary resources over from defense to more investment in offense.  Seems like they were prepared to let Poyer walk, until they got an unexpected bargain, let Edmunds go, and Oliver is iffy.  The FO already did some OL upgrades, and tweaking to the WR group.  All big move talk has centered on name WRs (Dhop, OBJ) in contrast to last year when it centered on pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I like how you show off with words like ''cogent '. Most of your audience doesn't use this word.  And it still doesn't validate your football opinions.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Please don't encourage whorlnut's conspiracy theories, it already looks like he's going to lose it if we trade up and draft Jack Campbell. 

Yes, the players can have some input.  Just like what was reported to help Dorsey get the job.  And last year when the offense sputtered the veteran players did not say "let's get the rookies more involved".  No, they went out and brought back Smoke and Beas.

What the FO is doing to help the offense is moving monetary resources over from defense to more investment in offense.  Seems like they were prepared to let Poyer walk, until they got an unexpected bargain, let Edmunds go, and Oliver is iffy.  The FO already did some OL upgrades, and tweaking to the WR group.  All big move talk has centered on name WRs (Dhop, OBJ) in contrast to last year when it centered on pass rushers.

We shall see if the OKine moves are upgrades. And  Oliver is "iffy '? Meaning you think they trade him? Good luck  

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the guards signed in FA are pretty modest upgrades, though Saffold was awful, so it should help. I'd like to grab an OT prospect in round two or three. I think they need more than a tweak to the WR group, but it's a poor draft for WR. I don't think we can actually afford Hopkins. As I have said quite a bit, I like the TE group. I would treat Kincaid as a substitute for a WR pick at 27. If they go D in the first, I'd like to trade up from 59 and grab Darnell Washington. Those are my preferences.

I am less worried about MLB. I think you could sign a fella like Myles Jack after the draft and survive if you didn't find a player in the draft. I am not as high on Campbell as many of you are. He's a high floor fella. I don't think he's going to be great.

7 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

I like how you show off with words like ''cogent '. Most of your audience doesn't use this word.  And it still doesn't validate your football opinions.

I don't look words up in a thesaurus. That's how I speak. I'm not going to apologize. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

This is a football message board. I offer my opinions and interact with fellow fans of the team. I think that is how it is supposed to work.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

JSN is to me by far and away my favorite WR in this class.  Unfortunately I think the 12,13 or 14 pick is where he goes. I could see Houston pairing him with Stroud, the Jets grabbing him to partner with Wilson or the Patriots who love a great slot guy.  I will be very surprised if he is there at 15 or below.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

We shall see if the OKine moves are upgrades. And  Oliver is "iffy '? Meaning you think they trade him? Good luck  

I have not given up hope on a trade for a veteran WR.  That would move the needle, much like Von did last year.  The majority of the funds would come from doing something with Oliver.  And there would be much rejoicing.

When they didn't extend Oliver early, he became "iffy" in my mind.  

My best case scenario is still alive.  I wish ErieCountyBulls would confirm it so everyone else could be happy.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we do trade up.... he's a likely target 

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

If the bills are interested in a top WR, they are doing a very poor job of hiding it. 

I did some google searching earlier on past years pre-draft visit lists, and at least based on the ones I could find, it appears the last time the Bills used their first pick in a draft on someone in for a known pre-draft visit was 2019 with Ed Oliver.  In 2020 AJE was our first pick, and couldn't find him on any visit lists.  2021 neither Groot or Boogie were on any pre-draft visit lists I could find.  And in 2022 Elam was not on any pre-draft visit lists.  

So not sure how much weight to put on a pre-draft visit right now

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Well who is more important to keep happy ?

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I really look forward to when the Bills don’t draft your guy.  There is zero chance we trade up in 1 to get a LB. Try living in the new age NFL for once. It’s pretty exciting. 

40 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

You make fun of a poster with a good vocabulary and then you type “OKine”?  Awesome. 

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think that is fair. But we don't *know* he is. Part of who Josh is as a leader he doesn't hang his guys out to dry in public. 

Really?  So he didn’t go on Kyle Brandt’s podcast a few days after the end of the season saying how we need to adopt the chiefs way of building the offense?

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Really?  So he didn’t go on Kyle Brandt’s podcast a few days after the end of the season saying how we need to adopt the chiefs way of building the offense?

I wouldn't know. I wouldn't listen to Kyle Brandt's podcast if it was a choice between that and certain death. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I really look forward to when the Bills don’t draft your guy.  There is zero chance we trade up in 1 to get a LB. Try living in the new age NFL for once. It’s pretty exciting. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Bills got JSN.  I just have trouble believing it could happen though.

I'm glad you have pegged the move up at zero though.  For some reason it will make me smile if it happens.  Seems like a real consideration to me.  The NY Giants need an MLB.  Getting ahead of Schoen/Daboll might be very important - they know too much.  

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if the Bills got JSN.  I just have trouble believing it could happen though.

I'm glad you have pegged the move up at zero though.  For some reason it will make me smile if it happens.  Seems like a real consideration to me.  The NY Giants need an MLB.  Getting ahead of Schoen/Daboll might be very important - they know too much.  

I’d love a move up too…for offense. Enough with the defense. It’s time to add some elite talent on the offensive side and go defense later. 

A lot of people think JSN is likely to be the first WR off the boards.  A lot of things would have to go right for the Bills in order for him to drop low enough for a trade up to be practical.  

Just to stir things up a bit, there is some speculation in Buccaneer fandom of a trade that would send Mike Evans to Buffalo in exchange for Gabe Davis.  Buffalo would get a proven 30 year old veteran who had an off year in 2022 while Tampa Bay gets a 24 year old with unrealized upside. If something like that happens, it obviously rules out trading up for a WR in round 1.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

A lot of people think JSN is likely to be the first WR off the boards.  A lot of things would have to go right for the Bills in order for him to drop low enough for a trade up to be practical.  

Just to stir things up a bit, there is some speculation in Buccaneer fandom of a trade that would send Mike Evans to Buffalo in exchange for Gabe Davis.  Buffalo would get a proven 30 year old veteran who had an off year in 2022 while Tampa Bay gets a 24 year old with unrealized upside. If something like that happens, it obviously rules out trading up for a WR in round 1.

I would rather have Evans than Nuk, if this was the case. I haven't seen any fire on Twitter about this, though. 

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Being from Florida I can see how Gabe Davis would love it but I cannot see Bills doing this for a player with one year on contact costing salary of $13,000,000 + roster bonus of $1,500,000 even if Bucs ate some of the cost.  It would be better for Davis to work with a veteran during this offseason like Khalil Shakir is with Eric Moulds.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We should go "All in" on offense at WR

Diggs

Hopkins

JSN via trade up / Hyatt at 27 or trade down
Davis
Harty
Sherfield

Shakir

That is a lot of competition 

And here I thought you might finally be coming around to a 1st Round WR being the most likely move we'd be making at WR help alongside Diggs and Davis.

Then you post 1st Round WR... AND Hopkins? That's never going to happen. 

They aren't going to go from thinking Gabe Davis is showing enough promise as a #3 that he should get a shot at #2, to he failed at #2 - so demote him to #4.

We have Stefon Diggs, a top 5 WR in this league who we're paying like a top 5 WR in the league. At most, you're going to bring in 1 stud acquistion alongside him. No team carries 2 Top 10 WR's and then trades up in the 1st Round to take another, who's ceiling would be WR3. That's Madden level ridiculous.

It's one or the other. Either would put us in a MUCH better situation than most teams in the league. And with OBJ being paid what he was paid, it makes the minimal chance we could make Hopkins happen even less at this point.

We have holes on this team, places that need upgrade, and places lacking depth. We can't afford to use Draft resources to trade up and select a WR, Draft resources to trade for Hopkins, and large amounts of cap space for Hopkins all at one position and neglect places like MLB, OL, and TE.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, section122 said:

JSN is to me by far and away my favorite WR in this class.  Unfortunately I think the 12,13 or 14 pick is where he goes. I could see Houston pairing him with Stroud, the Jets grabbing him to partner with Wilson or the Patriots who love a great slot guy.  I will be very surprised if he is there at 15 or below.

For me, it's Quentin Johnston. He's not a finished product - but he's the best true Outside WR with the blend of size and speed I think we're looking for.

He'll need some coaching up, but when it comes to guys like JSN and Flowers - you're looking at guys who have predominately played Slot and project to Slots in the NFL. We have that position covered with Harty and Shakir already. We need another boundary WR.

If Beane believes JSN can play outside on this team though, I'd be all for it.

• Agree 2

I may be the only one on here to say this, but I’m not that big of a fan of JSN in the 1st round…His play speed appears very mediocre Imo…and if we are going WR in the 1st, I want a game breaker- not just a possession receiver…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.