Matthew Judon on defending JA

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think part of it might have been that at the time in Baltimore he played standing up like 75% of the time. I think there were a lot of questions around the league about whether he could play on the line consistently with his hand in the dirt and still be an explosive get off guy and set the edge vs the run. The run is still a bit of a concern (he hasn't been a great run defender in New England, but he has improved) but he has absolutely proven that he is one of those rare hybrid guys who can play down on the line, play standing up and rush the passer effectively in either role. 

Some of those are Josh checking into QB run plays - Dorsey talked about that in one of his Monday pressers last year. 

Checks are still called run plays

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they swapped teams, do you think we are winning a Super Bowl just because of Mahomes? And KC is more likely to go out in the Divisional round?

Or does Josh steam roll his way to another KC Super Bowl with Reid and his supporting cast?

A swap is too hypothetical (silly) to even consider. Mahomes simply executes on another level than Allen - his accuracy, consistency, creativity, reads, progressions, touch, and under pressure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Josh is a great qb. Top 3 in the league. But he has some work to do to catch up to Mahomes. Andy Reid was considered a good coach that could never win it all until he got Mahomes. Gotta give that guy his due as much as it hurts to admit. 

And Sean McDermott is probably a nobody without Allen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Blasphemy! And during Lent! You can't like Pats players until after they leave the team. Sinner

for some strange reason my last 3 gfs have all been pats fans. as annoying as it is, what i will say is they genuinely love football. with or without me those girls were watching 1p, 4p, SNF and MNF, maybe missing one slot of those a week. the other thing, and again this is just my experience, they know the game better than my more casual male friends. all 3 paid attention and watched the draft, it was really impressive, and would put a bunch of posters on here to shame lol

that said. no banging on gamedays lol two of them were really good about being amicable watching pats/bills games. we had fun, talked some light hearted isht, and understood one of us is going to lose, so not crossing the line of a*hole about it. you'll noticed and said 3, then two..... one just COULD NOT help herself getting overworked up lol few games before Hamlins scare, youll remember he got thrown out of Pats game late for a hit in the endzone.

"Hes a scumbag", there was no hearing the other side of it. damars been pretty cool in the community and i followed him at pitt, and have always thought highly of him. he can def bang with the pads, but never a dirty player. that was a bang bang play, and i wouldve been more upset if he made no intent to dislodge the ball. in no way did i see "targeting", he didnt use his own helmet. it was a nice attempt that i understand. receiver ducked down a ton right before contact, otherwise it woulda been a clean shoulder to the gut lol we most certainly did not bang after that play that night haha

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

man alive i'd love to get Judon in a Bills uni

Completely agree. Would be incredible to have him in a Bills Uni. He’s one of the best In the league and plays hard every play. No way Belichick trades him to us. 

I think Mahomes is GREAT and deserves the moniker of best QB in the NFL at this time.  His stats, winning percentage and Super Bowl victories bear this out.  Having said that, if Josh had the benefit of playing under Reid and with Kelce, I think he'd basically have the same or better results as Mahomes.  They are both great.  Now go get Josh a better o-line and some additional playmakers at WR, so he can finally "get his" in the postseason.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d call a designed run on one of the first three plays of every game. Judon said it perfectly that Josh plays better when he’s running. It’s obvious that once he runs, gets hit and gets up, he’s in the flow of the game. If it takes a couple years off his career, we just have to live with that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jukester said:

Judon said it really well. Josh is gonna ball cuz that’s who he is. I think he just needs to realize that he has to start protecting his body if he wants to last full seasons and lead this team deep to playoffs and Super Bowls. I would love for him to continue to take off when he sees lanes but just slide at the end 

Beane needs to continue to improve the OL.  Josh deserved this 3 years ago rather than this org. far ting around with failed defensive picks. We aren't done as I think we draft 2 more olineman. If you want longevity and a 30 year old cyborg throwing rockets all around the field,  protect his ass for God's sake.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jukester said:

Judon said it really well. Josh is gonna ball cuz that’s who he is. I think he just needs to realize that he has to start protecting his body if he wants to last full seasons and lead this team deep to playoffs and Super Bowls. I would love for him to continue to take off when he sees lanes but just slide at the end 

Guys Josh Allen's size should not slide.  You want a Justin Herbert??  Noone respects a big guy that slides.  Heck Fitzie never slid.  Mahomes rarely slides.  If anything he is usually running out of bounds.  The energy and mojo Allen brings to the team from a big run, banging through defenders is priceless.  He has his game.  That's what makes him special.  All the great ones do.  

Its like telling Brett Favre not to throw darts 40 + yards downfield into a tight window of coverage.  That was his game.  It usually worked out.  But not always.  But that's what made the legend of Brett Favre.

• Disagree 1

I put this in the 'McDermott wants Josh to slide' thread but it bears repeating here:

During this segment Judon also said about Josh Allen - "There's not too much in Buffalo besides Josh Allen" - I had to rewind to make sure I heard it right - then I had to process - does he mean on the team?  Then it was apparent he meant literally in the city of Buffalo there was not too much besides Josh Allen.  lol  Has he never been to Dave & Busters?

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

A swap is too hypothetical (silly) to even consider. Mahomes simply executes on another level than Allen - his accuracy, consistency, creativity, reads, progressions, touch, and under pressure. 

Your lack of ability to process a hypothetical does not extend to others.  Josh Allen on the Chiefs and Mahomes on the Bills would not change any reasonable thinking persons likelyhood of which team was more likely to win the super bowl. 

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I put this in the 'McDermott wants Josh to slide' thread but it bears repeating here:

During this segment Judon also said about Josh Allen - "There's not too much in Buffalo besides Josh Allen" - I had to rewind to make sure I heard it right - then I had to process - does he mean on the team?  Then it was apparent he meant literally in the city of Buffalo there was not too much besides Josh Allen.  lol  Has he never been to Dave & Busters?

As I understand our Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator, the main problem facing the offense is Josh Allen's agressive running style.  This is  a far bigger problem, than QB protection or better offensive weapons.  Glad to see we  have the right focus by the HC.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they swapped teams, do you think we are winning a Super Bowl just because of Mahomes? And KC is more likely to go out in the Divisional round?

Or does Josh steam roll his way to another KC Super Bowl with Reid and his supporting cast?

Big time “Let’s see how Mahomes does without Hill” energy

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.