Matthew Judon on defending JA

BillsFan619

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What no name guys shined with Mahomes or Burrow?

To me Burrow benefits from his great WRs not the other way around. So he isn’t the playmaker that Mahomes and Allen are.

As for Mahomes…let’s see. His first start in a meaningless game made Albert Wilson (who? Exactly) seemed like an all pro. Helped him get a huge contract that offseason. Made guys like Chris Conley, DeMarcus Robinson, Pringle seem like competent receivers. Until they flame out after signing with other teams.

And, of course, this past season. Almost everyone said he would struggled without Hill. Yet he thrived with other teams castoff jag’s. MVS, JuJu, Toney. All guys that their teams didn’t want. Barely #2 guys let alone #1. Won a superbowl with these jokers. Imagine what he’d be able to do with Davis on their team. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

To me Burrow benefits from his great WRs not the other way around. So he isn’t the playmaker that Mahomes and Allen are.

As for Mahomes…let’s see. His first start in a meaningless game made Albert Wilson (who? Exactly) seemed like an all pro. Helped him get a huge contract that offseason. Made guys like Chris Conley, DeMarcus Robinson, Pringle seem like competent receivers. Until they flame out after signing with other teams.

And, of course, this past season. Almost everyone said he would struggled without Hill. Yet he thrived with other teams castoff jag’s. MVS, JuJu, Toney. All guys that their teams didn’t want. Barely #2 guys let alone #1. Won a superbowl with these jokers. Imagine what he’d be able to do with Davis on their team. 

Lol

Juju is a better wideout than Davis 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  The biggest things that separate Allen & Mahomes over the last 3 years are:

1) Mahomes is coached by the best offensive mind in the NFL today and one of the best in the history of the league.

2) The Chiefs prioritized the offense over the defense while Buffalo has prioritized the defense over the offense.

3) Mahomes has enjoyed a much better O line then Allen has over the last 3 years.

4) Mahomes has enjoyed a much larger collection of very good & elite play makers then Allen has had over the last 3 years.

BTW I've seen plenty of games were Allen patiently dissects a defense with the short passing game while they played two high safeties.

1. Best offensive mind that never won a superbowl until he got Mahomes. All of a sudden 5 straight championship games. 3 superbowl appearances. 2 superbowl wins. All started with Mahomes. Guess that’s a coincidence huh. Coaches scheme players execute. He’s a special player. 
2. I definitely agree with the Bills part. Hopefully more is invested in the Oline this offseason. As for the Chiefs, after 2018 they invested heavily in defense as well. New coordinator. Paid big $ to Frank Clark. Gave Chris Jones a big extension. Then last year drafted almost all defensive players. The difference is they hit on their picks whereas Bills missed for the most part. 
3. Agreed. Reid is very good with oline development.

4. Disagree with this. If Diggs and Davis are on KC they’d be unstoppable. I don’t think there’s a lack of playmakers on the Bills because I believe Allen is elite and can elevate his guys. Again my criticism of Allen is his decision making. From taking check downs to seeing the field better so turnovers can be minimized. I also have no doubt he’ll work hard this offseason on those things. 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lol

Juju is a better wideout than Davis 

Hard disagree. Juju is a slow possession wr that has knee issues. If Davis has a decent year in ‘23 he’ll get a bigger contract than Juju for sure. 

17 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

1. Best offensive mind that never won a superbowl until he got Mahomes. All of a sudden 5 straight championship games. 3 superbowl appearances. 2 superbowl wins. All started with Mahomes. Guess that’s a coincidence huh. Coaches scheme players execute. He’s a special player. 
2. I definitely agree with the Bills part. Hopefully more is invested in the Oline this offseason. As for the Chiefs, after 2018 they invested heavily in defense as well. New coordinator. Paid big $ to Frank Clark. Gave Chris Jones a big extension. Then last year drafted almost all defensive players. The difference is they hit on their picks whereas Bills missed for the most part. 
3. Agreed. Reid is very good with oline development.

4. Disagree with this. If Diggs and Davis are on KC they’d be unstoppable. I don’t think there’s a lack of playmakers on the Bills because I believe Allen is elite and can elevate his guys. Again my criticism of Allen is his decision making. From taking check downs to seeing the field better so turnovers can be minimized. I also have no doubt he’ll work hard this offseason on those things. 

Hard disagree. Juju is a slow possession wr that has knee issues. If Davis has a decent year in ‘23 he’ll get a bigger contract than Juju for sure. 

ok hypothetical-Chiefs get Diggs and Davis. Bills get Kelce and Reid and we swap olines.

What Bills fan says no to that? And what Chiefs fan says yes?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Josh Allen made Robert foster look like a competent receiver on the flip …. Was throwing to him , Popeyes kelvin bemjamin and zay jones who took 6 years and an acid trip to turn his game around 

I’m pretty certain Josh Allen would be considered the best in the world if he was drafted by Andy Reid 

MVS is the equivalent of a Davis with 4.3instead of a 4.5… runs 3 routes 

JuJU Would absolutely be the second best receiver on this roster and it wouldn’t be close

And the line he has

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Most everyone here always say if Allen has Reid surely he would have the same accomplishments as Mahomes. I don’t think many non Bills fan would agree with this. So let’s put that to bed.

What I see is Allen needs to improve his play if the Bills are to win one and I hope he can. That starts with keeping his emotions in check. Too many times it gets the best of him during games and lead to mistakes. Without eliminating or at least minimizing mistakes then this team will continue to bow out of the playoffs. I’m confident with how Allen interviews that he knows this and want to get better.

6 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Most everyone here always say if Allen has Reid surely he would have the same accomplishments as Mahomes. I don’t think many non Bills fan would agree with this. So let’s put that to bed.

What I see is Allen needs to improve his play if the Bills are to win one and I hope he can. That starts with keeping his emotions in check. Too many times it gets the best of him during games and lead to mistakes. Without eliminating or at least minimizing mistakes then this team will continue to bow out of the playoffs. I’m confident with how Allen interviews that he knows this and want to get better.

But why is Allen emotional in the first place? Could it be that he yet another play had just been wrecked by his turnstile line, and the play before that by his receiver dropping the ball or running the wrong route? Or that Dorsey had called yet another head-scratcher? Or that he had one less receiver running routes because Knox had to stay in to block?

You don't see Mahomes frustrated half as often because Reid schemes his receivers, especially Kelsey, to be wide open half the time. And he has lots of time the rest of the time to sit in the pocket with his little squirrel moves until his receivers get open. Allen routinely had to dodge Brown's blown block and  Saffold's blunder and buy time until his receivers broke open, only to see them drop a ball he put right in their hands. 

And you say he needs to work on his emotions?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, finn said:

But why is Allen emotional in the first place? Could it be that he yet another play had just been wrecked by his turnstile line, and the play before that by his receiver dropping the ball or running the wrong route? Or that Dorsey had called yet another head-scratcher? Or that he had one less receiver running routes because Knox had to stay in to block?

You don't see Mahomes frustrated half as often because Reid schemes his receivers, especially Kelsey, to be wide open half the time. And he has lots of time the rest of the time to sit in the pocket with his little squirrel moves until his receivers get open. Allen routinely had to dodge Brown's blown block and  Saffold's blunder and buy time until his receivers broke open, only to see them drop a ball he put right in their hands. 

And you say he needs to work on his emotions?

So basically yet another excuse to explain away his mistakes.

Let me try this again.

Allen is the most talented qb in the entire league and maybe in the history of the nfl.

He is a complete qb that does everything correctly all the time and would not need to improve on any aspects of his game. When the team lose it is on the other players and coaches. When they win it’s because he’s a hof qb.

Did I do this right?

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Let me try this again.

Allen is the most talented qb in the entire league and maybe in the history of the nfl.

He is a complete qb that does everything correctly all the time and would not need to improve on any aspects of his game. When the team lose it is on the other players and coaches. When they win it’s because he’s a hof qb.

Did I do this right?

Of course he's not perfect. I'm just saying he has reasons to be frustrated, and it's more important to tend to these reasons than worry about his emotional equilibrium. 

You seem to be saying, "You know, Allen really should be a doing a better job of carrying the entire offense on his back. He gets so upset at times!"

36 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Let me try this again.

Did I do this right?

What are you talking about?  No one is saying that.  I posted a reply about him not being "perfect" and mentioned things he needs to improve.

Tom Brady is the GOAT and constantly worked on his game.

All that being said, I want Josh Allen as the Bills QB over anyone else.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

What are you talking about?  No one is saying that.  I posted a reply about him not being "perfect" and mentioned things he needs to improve.

Tom Brady is the GOAT and constantly worked on his game.

All that being said, I want Josh Allen as the Bills QB over anyone else.

Absolutely! You get it. He’s a great qb and would probably go down as the best Bills qb when it’s all said and done. That doesn’t mean he can’t improve on certain aspects of his game to get this team to another level. Unfortunately, you’re the few posters that acknowledge this. Most think he’s awesome and superbowls would just appear if he gets more Oline and WRs help.

All I’m saying is his game has alot of room for improvement to take the bills to the next step. Of course he can’t do everything but he has to do the majority because that’s just the way the position works. That’s why they get paid the big bucks.

fwiw I believe in this team and have laid $ on the over season totals the last few years. I’ll continue to do so this year. 👍

7 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Absolutely! You get it. He’s a great qb and would probably go down as the best Bills qb when it’s all said and done. That doesn’t mean he can’t improve on certain aspects of his game to get this team to another level. Unfortunately, you’re the few posters that acknowledge this. Most think he’s awesome and superbowls would just appear if he gets more Oline and WRs help.

All I’m saying is his game has alot of room for improvement to take the bills to the next step. Of course he can’t do everything but he has to do the majority because that’s just the way the position works. That’s why they get paid the big bucks.

fwiw I believe in this team and have laid $ on the over season totals the last few years. I’ll continue to do so this year. 👍

I can't speak for other posters but concerning the bolded I can make an argument that while he does need to improve his game the 

overall success of the Bills is more dependent on improvements made in the other positions on the offense.

That for me, also includes the coaching, playcalling and game specific schemes.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/30/2023 at 12:48 AM, papazoid said:

boom

put josh behind a top 3 Oline and give him the #1 TE to go with those wr's.......other than diggs, josh has nothing

Um, no. Knox is excellent and Davis is a legit #2. Chiefs WRs are probably two #2s and three good #3s. Overall, KC's offense w/out considering QBs is better but not wildly so. Mahomes made that WR group look better than it was.

More, looking back at KC's offense in their other SB-winning year, they had Kelce, Tyreek and not much else anywhere, including the line.

Right now, Mahomes is #1. It shouldn't be a question.  An uninjured Josh is close behind, and he has a chance to re-write that narrative over time.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, finn said:

Of course he's not perfect. I'm just saying he has reasons to be frustrated, and it's more important to tend to these reasons than worry about his emotional equilibrium. 

You seem to be saying, "You know, Allen really should be a doing a better job of carrying the entire offense on his back. He gets so upset at times!"

Yes, he has reason to be frustrated.

So do 31 QBs every year. Football is built that way.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Um, no. Knox is excellent and Davis is a legit #2. Chiefs WRs are probably two #2s and three good #3s. Overall, KC's offense w/out considering QBs is better but not wildly so. Mahomes made that WR group look better than it was.

More, looking back at KC's offense in their other SB-winning year, they had Kelce, Tyreek and not much else anywhere, including the line.

Right now, Mahomes is #1. It shouldn't be a question.  An uninjured Josh is close behind, and he has a chance to re-write that narrative over time.

Great take! Mahomes makes his receiving corp better than it really is. Finding ways to come through no matter the circumstances. And for that he’s clearly #1 in the league.

Allen can definitely join him. That’s why I argue that Diggs and Davis are great receivers. Allen is capable of elevating them even higher. That’s what elite qb’s do for their teams. Allen just hasn’t done it consistently. The Oline is definitely an issue. Hopefully with these offseason moves it will get better. Let’s also hope that Allen learned from another disappointing season and come back hungrier next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.