Matthew Judon on defending JA

BillsFan619

The criticism from McBeane isn’t negative. It’s a protective approach and seed planting with Josh. They aren’t saying Josh needs to protect the ball better which they certainly could.
Obviously I think Josh understands it and is aware of it. And, he will consider it, and then do what he wants. Maybe the first half of the year he will try. But it energizes him and guys like Judon hope he stops running. 

Josh Allen my guy 100%. I would say the biggest difference between the 2 right now is the Mahomes does the simple things more consistently than Josh Allen and Josh does the near impossible more often than Mahomes

Its the argument that Kurt Warner tries to explain when reviewing Josh tape. He just wants Josh to get more consistant doing the simple things and once he does that he will be unstoppable

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

"If he never wanted to use his feet, he could just absolutely rip you apart with his arm.

Click on play to hear his thoughts.

Go Bills!

Best QB in the league,  you put Josh on either the Bengals or KC and he wins a Super Bowl.  We have a GM and coach that have invested most of their money and resources on defensive side of the ball and provided Josh nothing but Diggs.  What exactly was Diggs doing numbers wise before he arrived in Buffalo,  good but not the type of number he has had playing with the best QB in the NFL. The fact is Gave Davis is not a #2 and Knox is an average TE. If they go out early again this year Sean will be done and Beane will be not too far behind. Look at KC,  they released Frank Clark so they can add another top lineman and Beane just add another no name guy.  Even receivers he signed,  no name guys.  I like the Harris signing but he still has not borough in another top end play make.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

If they go out early again this year Sean will be done and Beane will be not too far behind. Look at KC,  they released Frank Clark so they can add another top lineman and Beane just add another no name guy.  Even receivers he signed,  no name guys.

You must not follow the Chiefs closely enough to understand what happened.

They let Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie walk (their starting tackles) and signed Jawaan Taylor, who has exclusively played RT in his life, to play LT. They didn't release Frank Clark to ADD another top lineman to their stable. They swapped out and potentially downgraded. 

Here is the Chiefs murderers' row of star WR:

• Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Kadarius Toney
  • Skyy Moore 
  • John Ross
  • Ihmir Smith-Marsette
  • Cornell Powell
  • Jerrion Ealy
  • Ty Fryfogle
  • Justyn Ross

20 hours ago, papazoid said:

Put josh behind a top 3 Oline and give him the #1 TE to go with those wr's.......other than diggs, josh has nothing

This then raises other unpopular issues. 

Their GM has been there the same amount of time as Beane.  

Just sayin'.  

23 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

"If he never wanted to use his feet, he could just absolutely rip you apart with his arm.

Click on play to hear his thoughts.

Go Bills!

Look man, if Elway can take a helicopter hit at 38 in the SB and still move around, I think Allen can do the same. I still would like him to protect himself better to get that longevity, but injuries happen more in the pocket anyway. 

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Best QB in the league,  you put Josh on either the Bengals or KC and he wins a Super Bowl.  We have a GM and coach that have invested most of their money and resources on defensive side of the ball and provided Josh nothing but Diggs.  What exactly was Diggs doing numbers wise before he arrived in Buffalo,  good but not the type of number he has had playing with the best QB in the NFL. The fact is Gave Davis is not a #2 and Knox is an average TE. If they go out early again this year Sean will be done and Beane will be not too far behind. Look at KC,  they released Frank Clark so they can add another top lineman and Beane just add another no name guy.  Even receivers he signed,  no name guys.  I like the Harris signing but he still has not borough in another top end play make.

If you’re the best QB you’d need to make no name guys shine. Just saying…

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

You must not follow the Chiefs closely enough to understand what happened.

They let Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie walk (their starting tackles) and signed Jawaan Taylor, who has exclusively played RT in his life, to play LT. They didn't release Frank Clark to ADD another top lineman to their stable. They swapped out and potentially downgraded. 

Here is the Chiefs murderers' row of star WR:

• Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Kadarius Toney
  • Skyy Moore 
  • John Ross
  • Ihmir Smith-Marsette
  • Cornell Powell
  • Jerrion Ealy
  • Ty Fryfogle
  • Justyn Ross

Yeah they just won a superbowl with a ‘muderers’ row of receivers’. Maybe that’s what great qb’s do. Elevate the guys around them. 

Brown was also a RT that transitioned to LT with the Chiefs. I think it’s safe to say Reid/Veach can identify and develop lineman. Make no mistake. KC will be a top contender again next year. 

23 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah they just won a superbowl with a ‘muderers’ row of receivers’. Maybe that’s what great qb’s do. Elevate the guys around them. 

Brown was also a RT that transitioned to LT with the Chiefs. I think it’s safe to say Reid/Veach can identify and develop lineman. Make no mistake. KC will be a top contender again next year. 

Having arguably the greatest TE of all time and the leagues best offensive play caller gives PM a massive leg up on the rest of the league. 

Allen is clearly the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game combining size, speed, power and ridiculous arm strength.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Gabe is tied for 15th in receiving TDs since 2020 as a 4th Round pick. I bet if ask 50 NFL fans who Gabe Davis and most couldn't tell you. 

Put Gabe on KC and he’d be their WR1. So can’t we the Bills win with him? Why are there people on here that wants to get rid of him?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, julian said:

Having arguably the greatest TE of all time and the leagues best offensive play caller gives PM a massive leg up on the rest of the league. 

Allen is clearly the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game combining size, speed, power and ridiculous arm strength.

Yeah and I guess Diggs is a scrub. That best offensive player caller didn’t win until the last few years. Coaches scheme. Players execute.  He found 1 helluva guy to execute his plays.

For all those Allen attributes you’re touting I wish he sprinkle in some elite decision making. Stop being such a jitterbug under pressure and maybe the turnovers would come down. Right now Mahomes and Burrow are the ones exhibiting that calm trait under pressure. Hopefully Allen can get there. If he can’t Bills won win a championship no matter how much our collective homer minds wish it to be. 

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah and I guess Diggs is a scrub. That best offensive player caller didn’t win until the last few years. Coaches scheme. Players execute.  He found 1 helluva guy to execute his plays.

For all those Allen attributes you’re touting I wish he sprinkle in some elite decision making. Stop being such a jitterbug under pressure and maybe the turnovers would come down. Right now Mahomes and Burrow are the ones exhibiting that calm trait under pressure. Hopefully Allen can get there. If he can’t Bills won win a championship no matter how much our collective homer minds wish it to be. 

People weren't sure Diggs was better than Adam Thielen before he came to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Put Gabe on KC and he’d be their WR1. So can’t we the Bills win with him? Why are there people on here that wants to get rid of him?

Not at 9.7% drops to targets.  KC as a whole was 5.5% drops, Bills were 6.9%. 

Three games lost by three points, wonder if one more catch in any of those three and we are home throughout the playoffs. 

Even worse, Davis, McKenzie, Motor, Cook and Shakir as a group had 26 drops in 262 targets. 

Everyone else [mainly DIggs and Knox] had 12 drops in 289 targets. 

Davis, Cook, and Shakir better spend every spare moment working on catching the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Brown at least played LT in college. Taylor played RT exclusively through college and the pros.

It could be just fine for them, but this is much different. 

I guess while I have your first response in here too.. Josh has elevated guys as well. Beasley, Brown, Robert Foster, Zay Jones and Stefon Diggs have all had career years playing with Allen. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

You don't honestly believe that. If you do believe this then you need to point the finger at Dorsey for not scheming a better game and for Allen forcing the long ball to often

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.