Patriots* Lose Meyers to LV

Rocky Landing

That's a non-trivial loss for the Pats.  It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him.

So far the Bills and Pats have pretty much stood still to somewhat backsliding.  The Dolphins and Jets (assuming Rogers) have both, on paper, improved significantly.

Let's hope the talent parity will get our coaching staff to recognize the situation and stop being cute

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

That's a non-trivial loss for the Pats.  It'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him.

So far the Bills and Pats have pretty much stood still to somewhat backsliding.  The Dolphins and Jets (assuming Rogers) have both, on paper, improved significantly.

Let's hope the talent parity will get our coaching staff to recognize the situation and stop being cute

knowing them, they’ll probably just sign 4 more tight ends.

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The Dolphins got Ramsey and David Long... that's improving significantly?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thats a shame…

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

The Dolphins got Ramsey and David Long... that's improving significantly?

Yes, adding an all pro CB to their D, which was already pretty good against us, along with Vic Fangio, is an improvement.  Tell me you're not such a homer that you imagine that either of those things makes Miami worse

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

This early in FA is when teams will overpay for FA acquisitions (Meyers notwithstanding...). I'm not surprised Beane hasn't made any significant moves towards a skill position.

Edited by Rocky Landing

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yes, adding an all pro CB to their D, which was already pretty good against us, along with Vic Fangio, is an improvement.  Tell me you're not such a homer that you imagine that either of those things makes Miami worse

If you have to try to gaslight by putting words in people's mouths then you are probably not doing enough research on your own argument. Take some time, calm down.. and try again. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The big difference is that when healthy, the Bills are STILL the best team in the division. We're not doing much, but getting Hyde & Miller back (and hopefully a 100% Tre) will put our talent above any other team in the east.

The Pats weren't that talented to begin with. They don't have a bad team, but they will likely finish in last place unless something dramatic happens the rest of the offseason.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Malazan said:

If you have to try to gaslight by putting words in people's mouths then you are probably not doing enough research on your own argument. Take some time, calm down.. and try again. 

Perhaps you should restate your position on the Dolphins offseason so far.  I'll make it easy on you, does adding Fangio & Ramsey make Miami (A) better, or (B) worse?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Perhaps you should restate your position on the Dolphins offseason so far.  I'll make it easy on you, does adding Fangio & Ramsey make Miami (A) better, or (B) worse?

Sorry, I'm not interested in playing your game as I already stated my position. If you didn't understand, that's on you to work harder. If you want to continue to try to play these games where you want people to answer a certain and limited way then I suggest you find someone else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Miami improving significantly and Miami being better are 2 totally different takes. You stepped it down to try and get him to agree with you lol. Miami is NOT significantly better than they were. Sorry, but that's a horrible take. Better, yes, significantly better, hell no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The conspiratorially-minded might wonder if Meyers wasn't secretly on Josh McDaniels' payroll last season when he threw the Fail Mary in LV.

McDaniels employing the Patriot* Way?

Was he the guy?

No wonder he left, the type of play no Pats fan or Belcihek would ever forget, they type of play after which you cant wait to go to a new team.

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Miami improving significantly and Miami being better are 2 totally different takes. You stepped it down to try and get him to agree with you lol. Miami is NOT significantly better than they were. Sorry, but that's a horrible take. Better, yes, significantly better, hell no.

I guess we'll see.  They played us pretty damn hard in Buffalo in January with their Z string QB.  Things change fast in the NFL, and we shouldn't assume that because we have Josh Allen that we're just going to roll over everyone, particularly if the playcalling remains as anemic as it was the 2nd half of last season

I guess we'll see.  They played us pretty damn hard in Buffalo in January with their Z string QB.  Things change fast in the NFL, and we shouldn't assume that because we have Josh Allen that we're just going to roll over everyone, particularly if the playcalling remains as anemic as it was the 2nd half of last season

Whether they played us hard or not has no bearing on the question have they significantly improved thus far in FA vs just got better. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Whether they played us hard or not has no bearing on the question have they significantly improved thus far in FA vs just got better. 

So where is the line between 'got better' and 'significantly improved'?

To me it's adding playmakers and better coaching, to declare a team significantly improved, and in my judgement, Miami has done that so far.  If Ramsey makes a couple plays that the guy he's replacing didn't, Miami goes 2-1 against the Bills last year and we never get a chance to get smoked by Cincy.  Or, if Fangio's D plays 10% better, and they win a couple more games in season.  Don't fool yourself, they are going to be better.

How hard they played us has significant bearing on this topic because how much better does Miami need to be to sweep us?  2 losses to the Bills by a total of 6 points isn't exactly domination by us, with net Buffalo +4 points separating us out of 166 points scored in three games.

So where is the line between 'got better' and 'significantly improved'?

To me it's adding playmakers and better coaching, to declare a team significantly improved, and in my judgement, Miami has done that so far.  If Ramsey makes a couple plays that the guy he's replacing didn't, Miami goes 2-1 against the Bills last year and we never get a chance to get smoked by Cincy.  Or, if Fangio's D plays 10% better, and they win a couple more games in season.  Don't fool yourself, they are going to be better.

How hard they played us has significant bearing on this topic because how much better does Miami need to be to sweep us?  2 losses to the Bills by a total of 6 points isn't exactly domination by us, with net Buffalo +4 points separating us out of 166 points scored in three games.

You typed all this for what reason? They still are not significantly better than they were at the end of the season. Games against Buffalo or any other team for that matter, last season still have no bearing on your original statement, that is a fact.

Does it improve their chances next year, maybe, but we still have the rest of FA and the draft to get through before that question can be answered. The Dolphins only have a 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th for draft picks this year.

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

A. On paper. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Unknown at this time. Ramsey has been overrated and declining. Diggs has abused him consistently. Not sure how a difference this makes. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

12/18/22 - lateral's backwards to lose the game vs raiders

3/14/23 - signs 11 mil/yr deal to join raiders

fishyyyyyy 

I mean, he was the guy that proved Carr was so useless a WR could outscore him.. 

10 hours ago, dorquemada said:

They played us pretty damn hard in Buffalo in January with their Z string QB. 

They really didn't though. We just had a long series of unforced errors that put them back in the game. They lived and died on zero blitzes to compensate for the talent discrepancy and the gamble almost worked. But the talent discrepancy was still there.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, dorquemada said:

They didn’t give up less than 420 yards against us in any of the three matchups and it should’ve been much more if it weren’t for a few flukey plays.  Not at all fully disagreeing with you but I think the term ‘significant improvement’ may be a stretch unless Xavien Howard return to form.  He was awful last season(couldve been injury related) and teams will just pick on him.  This idea that they have two lockdown corners is a stretch 

ramsey doesn’t have to cover long in LA which inflates his value a bit…they have been the best defensive line in football for a lot of his time there.  Miami is no slouch either but they are definitely a tier below peak LA 

he obviously helps but I’m not expecting a complete defensive transformation

they might honestly take a step backwards early in the season until they get more experience in the new system 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They really didn't though. We just had a long series of unforced errors that put them back in the game. They lived and died on zero blitzes to compensate for the talent discrepancy and the gamble almost worked. But the talent discrepancy was still there.

We had two really flukey games against them that I think is clouding people’s perception a bit.  The yardage totals we put up were insane. 

just about doubled up the dolphins offensive production in two of the three games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.