Nyhiem Hines Restructures - Takes a pay cut to stay in Buffalo.

Draconator

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he has the exact same role as last year, $3.5 million I'd way too expensive. If they plan on actually using him on the offense I'm good with it.

Mmmm - I think even if he was a returner only

player that’s not a bad number. But he does play situational RB role 

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he has the exact same role as last year, $3.5 million is way too expensive. If they plan on actually using him on the offense I'm good with it.

I think with a full offseason with the offense they plan on him being more of a factor in the gameplan.

• Agree 3

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he has the exact same role as last year, $3.5 million is way too expensive. If they plan on actually using him on the offense I'm good with it.

Agree.  If they can get him the ball the way he did in 2020 it will be a good deal.

Nyhiem is a niche player.  I get the feeling it's more on our young OC to get him the ball than Nyhiem himself.

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Glad he’s back, he was criminally underused.

the most head scratching aspect of the entire year was the major emphasis on finding multiple pass catching backs, only to never use them.

19789999.jpg

They did use some of the time but not as much as many would have liked.

Part of it was injury to Josh's arm which made some throws difficult and painful which has been documented before.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Our offense was almost identical to 2021 with Daboll. They got hot in the playoffs. Only difference. Worst game of Allen’s career imo was home vs Atlanta late 2021 season.

Point is people are being way to harsh on Dorsey. Expectations were sky high. He did improve redzone as the year went on. I think he’ll be fine.

I hope you are correct.  I think the issue is that it was the same as Dorsey, it didn't evolve and in some ways relapsed.  You need to be multiple in how you attack defenses.  With our current OL that presents issues, but the play calling seemed stagnant after the 1st games and other teams had us "figured out" with minimal adjustments, particularly only putting up 10 vs. Cincy.  

2 hours ago, Process said:

Absurd. McBeane will never change.

The way I read this we are paying him at least $4M to play in 2023 with incentives to earn more.

That's way way too much unless we substantially change the way he is used. 

Waiting for final details but not happy ATM.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Easier to use something when you actually have it to start the year.  He's small but just.. use him like a running back.  Do some Cook/Hines/Mckenzie type of formation for some gadgetry, but he is a running back and can play running back.  

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

The way I read this we are paying him at least $4M to play in 2023 with incentives to earn more.

That's way way too much unless we substantially change the way he is used. 

Waiting for final details but not happy ATM.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/nyheim-hines-25205/

It's looking like a 1-year deal that will have to wait to see if they keep him in 2024.

I think that has more to do with our OC than Nyhiem.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.