Nyhiem Hines Restructures - Takes a pay cut to stay in Buffalo.

Draconator

On 3/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Only so many snaps. Who do you take off the field? 

I think the point he was making was that as a percentage we didn't use them often, relatively speaking.  I mean we had 79 pass completions to our RBs, combined.  As a percentage of completions that's about 22%, as a percentage of attempts that's 14%.  

Using just the AFCE as a comparison ... 

Miami had 73 receptions by its RBs, about the same, and about the same percentages.  20% and 12.5%  

NY had 94 receptions by its RBs, 26% and 17.5% 

The Jets, 87, about 24.5%, and about 14%.  And the Jets had about the same number of completions, but about 50 more attempts, "artificially" keeping it lower.  

I'd guess that we were no better than average, likely slightly below average, in that way in the entire league.  Either way, as he said, for a team talking so much about having these receiving options out of the backfield, we didn't use them more than average or so, if even that.  

Same for running the ball to be frank.  Remember, they drafted Cook in round 2 both for more receiving options out of the backfield, but also to bolster our running game.  We ranked 20th in rushing attempts, 32nd by a country mile if Allen's rushes are not included.  This past season our total team rushing attempts decreased by 31, and our rushing attempts "other than Allen decreased by 33, nearly 10%.  

Essentially this is more of "say one thing, do another."   Maybe that's what "The Process" means, who knows since it's never been defined.  LOL  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.