Who Will Be Next Year's Scapegoat?

ArtVandalay

Don't you love how McD always says "and that starts with me", but it never ends with him????

I've been a McD skeptic for years. He is likely a wonderful person and has very admirable qualities. 

But like Coach Beard said in Ted Lasso winning matters. These players are professionals. Relationships and culture are fine if you win. If you don't win it doesn't matter. Nobody on the team liked Jim Kelly all the way to four SuperBowl appearances.  You think anyone really likes Bill Belichick? 

If the Hamlin incident had not occurred and the Bills lost in the division round again I would have fired the entire coaching staff and started over. I would have given Beane a two year window with a new coach to make it to the SuperBowl. 

The Hamlin incident reset the clock for me. Now McDermott is SuperBowl or bust this year. I'm glad Leslie is gone and all eyes on the defense will be staring at McDermott. 

I truly hope he takes us to a championship. Like I said he seems like a nice human being. I would be happy for him. Do I think he will?. No. Am I willing to wait any longer. No. 2023 SuperBowl appearance or he should be fired. And no I don't care about 13 wins in the regular season. I care only about a ring. Most of us on here lived through the four SuperBowls and settling for losing in the playoffs is not good enough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Keep sticking your head in the sand, John. Enjoy participation trophies and compete incompetence in the playoffs. Texans 2nd half turtle shell, zero gameplan for Hill/Kelce after going up 9-0 to start,  13 seconds absoluteky inexcusible... complete no show vs Dolphins and Bengals this year... we almost lost to Skylar Thompson... Team has gone backwards each of the last 2 years and that's irrefutable. 

Hey, have you seen the Bruins this year? Can't believe they fired their highly successful coach this past offseason week who always got them to the playoffs with 100 point seasons... what did they have to gain?

Lol participation trophies

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ha! If their response to criticism is to draft a RB or TE at 27, then I hope they are ready for even more criticism.

They’ll say that they are giving Josh a new weapon. If it is a TE, they’ll talk about how it will hep protect the QB and give him an outlet. If it is Bijan they’ll get one of the 5 best players in this draft. Bijan and Cook is a top 5 backfield tomorrow. 

A defensive player is tough to defend. “We let so and so walk and drafted a lesser version of them.” It isn’t happening. The 1st 2 rounds will be offense.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ll say that they are giving Josh a new weapon. If it is a TE, they’ll talk about how it will hep protect the QB and give him an outlet. A defensive player is tough to defend. “We let so and so walk and drafted a lesser version of them.” It isn’t happening. The 1st 2 rounds will be offense.

Agreed defense would be the toughest to defend, but I think they'll open themselves up to similar flack by wasting our Offensive picks on the RB/TE positions. Especially considering how (poorly) we use the guys we already have in those spots, and when everyone knows we need OL and WR.

I'd rather reach on an IOL than waste a 1st rd pick on a RB.

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Antonio Johnson is born to be a McD Bill.

We were in on guys like Dugger/Chinn before in the second but they never made it to us.

This team has been chomping at the bit to draft a S high.

They certainly loved those guys but the situation has changed. I could see Skinner, Smith or Battle in round 3. They are going to try to give Josh more. He has been tasked with too much.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed defense would be the toughest to defend, but I think they'll open themselves up to similar flack by wasting our Offensive picks on the RB/TE positions. Especially considering how (poorly) we use the guys we already have in those spots, and when everyone knows we need OL and WR.

I'd rather reach on an IOL than waste a 1st rd pick on a RB.

I’m okay reaching on OL or WR. Those are certainly my preferences. There are a bunch of guys that will go between like 15-30 that fit. I’m okay going up a few spots if need be.

I don’t view Bijan as just a RB. IMO, he’s capable of being a Henry or Taylor that the offense revolves around. He’s not CEH, Breece Hall or Etiene IMO. He’s a rare anomaly and could win the rushing title as a rookie. You can get a superstar talent at the end of the 1st because the position is so devalued. I’m not advocating for it but I’d be fine with Bijan. I wouldn’t consider another RB until round 4 probably.

TE isn’t a preference either. This draft is just strong there. They are saying 4 could go in the first. Players will get drafted later than their talent warrants because it is a strength of this draft.

i just don’t think that they can go defense. The only 1st round player Allen has played with is Kelvin Benjamin!! It’s absurd. They are going to give him a top talent to take some pressure off.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m okay reaching on OL or WR. Those are certainly my preferences. There are a bunch of guys that will go between like 15-30 that fit. I’m okay going up a few spots if need be.

I don’t view Bijan as just a RB. IMO, he’s capable of being a Henry or Taylor that the offense revolves around. He’s not CEH, Breece Hall or Etiene IMO. He’s a rare anomaly and could win the rushing title as a rookie. You can get a superstar talent at the end of the 1st because the position is so devalued. I’m not advocating for it but I’d be fine with Bijan. I wouldn’t consider another RB until round 4 probably.

TE isn’t a preference either. This draft is just strong there. They are saying 4 could go in the first. Players will get drafted later than their talent warrants because it is a strength of this draft.

i just don’t think that they can go defense. The only 1st round player Allen has played with is Kelvin Benjamin!! It’s absurd. They are going to give him a top talent to take some pressure off.

I hate when folks say this.  The Bills traded a first for a true #1. 

Mahomes just won a Superbowl without a "1st round player."

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And some of us are perfectly content with regular season accomplishments. 

Who is that? It’s OK, you can name names. 

Don’t put me on there. I’m on record as wanting a Super Bowl victory (not just an appearance), and preferring 13-3 and losing in the playoffs over missing the playoffs completely. It’s not an either/or thing. It’s not that simple. There is a spectrum of happiness. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.