Who Will Be Next Year's Scapegoat?

ArtVandalay

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Weak response? Not at all, but I certainly don’t leave that to you to judge. The team has their goals (winning, which I clearly stated, but maybe not clearly enough for you), and we are not actually part of the team. A SB would be very entertaining. What you or I think doesn’t matter to the team, and at least I know that. If you think your ridiculously high standards make you a better fan, you are again mistaken. 

Yes, everybody wants to win the Super Bowl. Every year. But that’s not how it works. What do you do if your kid is top 5 in their class, but not valedictorian? I can live with that, and I’d be proud. At least I might have some nominal impact on my child, while we have no impact as “fans” living on the outside. 

Having goals in life is important, but pointless if you have zero impact on the outcome. A SB victory may be an awesome wish, but since you have no control over the outcome, it’s a senseless “goal”. 

This isn’t worth it. Have a nice life. 

Thanks preacher! 

You got me...

On 2/28/2023 at 11:20 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

the better question is... who will Your scapegoat be? you have hated the dude for years? how can we trust anything you say on the topic?

If he has hated McDermott for years then he’s been proven right with 13 seconds and other playoff loses (and close wins against 3rd string rookie QBs) where coaching is the main issue. 

sounds like his opinion should be trusted

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

If he has hated McDermott for years then he’s been proven right with 13 seconds and other playoff loses (and close wins against 3rd string rookie QBs) where coaching is the main issue. 

sounds like his opinion should be trusted

Yeah - because we've never seen great & good NFL coaches make mistakes. Just doesn't happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Yeah - because we've never seen great & good NFL coaches make mistakes. Just doesn't happen.

Some mistakes are worse than others. 

There's a reason why the "13 second game" will go down as one of the greats. The 13 seconds is certainly part of why. 

It's kind of like comparing a manslaughter charge to a petty thief. 

On 3/1/2023 at 8:45 PM, Don Otreply said:

Your making me laugh, why so absolute in your thought process?  

I’m a former Marine, cuss words don’t faze me, lol 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

If they don't bother you what you complaining about me using the B word   ?

7 minutes ago, T master said:

If they don't bother you what you complaining about me using the B word   ?

I wasn’t, you miss interpreted what you read, it could have been my word choices that caused this, maybe not???

On 3/3/2023 at 10:16 PM, newcam2012 said:

Some mistakes are worse than others. 

There's a reason why the "13 second game" will go down as one of the greats. The 13 seconds is certainly part of why. 

It's kind of like comparing a manslaughter charge to a petty thief. 

What?  This may be the dumbest comparison I've ever read.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:47 PM, blacklabel said:

Ya know, nearly everyday I check this board to see if the discourse has improved at all and every time I exit out saying, "For f@%&# sake..." It's just depressing as all hell. 

Stop checking? would that solve the problem?

In real life we ended the last two seasons on very depressing losses. And we are watching Beane maneuver through his first salary cap challenges, resulting from not having a super star QB on a rookie contract.  Hopefully the arrow points back up, but right now the arrow is pointing sideways, with a chance it points down. This is an actual depressing situation. 

Edited by Chaos

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Stop checking? would that solve the problem?

In real life we ended the last two seasons on very depressing losses. And we are watching Beane maneuver through his first salary cap challenges, resulting from not having a super star QB on a rookie contract.  Hopefully the arrow points back up, but right now the arrow is pointing sideways, with a chance it points down. This is an actual depressing situation. 

I actually think it may be pointing upwards.  I expect positive changes moving forward.  

On 3/1/2023 at 7:56 AM, newcam2012 said:

This post is pretty ridiculous. If course, I don't speak for the team.

Not sure what planet you are living on?  You don't think the goal of the Bills team the last two years wasn't going to the Super Bowl and winning it? Really? Surely, you can't be that foolish to perpetrate that position.

Let me copy Beane's press conference comments after losing to KC. The infamous 13 second game.

Beane was brutally honest about one thing. Just because you’re one game away from the Super Bowl, it doesn’t mean you are a “Super Bowl team.” While that might be pretty strong of a statement, there’s is no debating it: That is the truth.

“I still think we need to be very honest with where we’re at. We’re still not a Super Bowl team. There’s one team happy at the end of the year. We made a great step last year and another step this year, but we still have to go further. The goal here is to win that game [the Super Bowl], and until we get in that game to compete for it, we can’t win it,”

I don't think his post is so ridiculous.  Fans have Allen to root for and defend pis poor moves like the drafting of Cook.  As long as Allen plays the product sells.

6 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I don't think his post is so ridiculous.  Fans have Allen to root for and defend pis poor moves like the drafting of Cook.  As long as Allen plays the product sells.

As a fan, I don't view the Bills team as a "product." Perhaps you do? The team is so much more than that. It's a culture, the talk of the town, a sense of togetherness, Bills mafia and Bills babes. 

Fans who live out of town or state like myself proudly where my Bills gear win or lose. Many of us fans have invested so much into this team. Whether it be season tickets, traveling to games, having family  outings and parties to watch the game, purchasing merchandise, etc...

I myself as a fan of over 50 years is craving for a Lombardi trophy. Without a doubt tears of joy will be rolling down my face. I had to hold back tears after the Bills TD in KC with 13 seconds. Only to have my heart ripped out shortly thereafter. Of course, it's an exgerration but you get the point. I know it's only football but some take it seriously right or wrong. 

Allen is the pie in the sky. The Bills finally found the coveted franchise QB. The Bills should always be competitive based on how good he is. However, it's clear he needs help and can't do it all. The Bills franchise needs to find a way to help Allen succeed. With proper help he can certainly led this team to that Lombardi Trophy. 

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.