Who Will Be Next Year's Scapegoat?

ArtVandalay

Last year the Special Teams Coordinator was the scapegoat. 

This year it was the Defensive Coordinator. 

Who will be McDermott's scapegoat next year? On to Offensive Coordinator? He already did that previously when he fired Dennison, can always go back there again and fire Dorsey I guess...

... walls are closing in ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 15

21 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Who will be McDermott's scapegoat next year? On to Offensive Coordinator? He already did that previously when he fired Dennison, can always go back there again and fire Dorsey I guess...

McD will throw Beane under the bus before he gets the ax. You’ll see Beane gone before McD imo. Because Terry and Sean are both over sensitive ra ra types that preach team atmosphere and players that Tow the company line over winning. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

In consecutive years it will have been Special Teams, DC, then of course OC next. Then no more McDermott in 2 years as they will have run out of people to fire 

At some point, the head coach should take some responsibility.

His nice guy and great character blurries our vision at times. 

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

You've had a vendetta against McDermott for years now. I can't take anything you say seriously.

Coach McD has failed to meet goals and expectations for the last three years. 

The three playoff losses have been pretty bad. Coaching was pretty bad. 

This team should be better than early playoff exits with years of a Josh Allen under center. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

At some point, the head coach should take some responsibility.

His nice guy and great character blurries our vision at times. 

I’m not blurriesed, but I like 13-3 seasons, with two freaky losses.    😋

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

the better question is... who will Your scapegoat be? you have hated the dude for years? how can we trust anything you say on the topic?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

McD will throw Beane under the bus before he gets the ax. You’ll see Beane gone before McD imo. Because Terry and Sean are both over sensitive ra ra types that preach team atmosphere and players that Tow the company line over winning. 

We’re going to have one player on the roster from Beane’s 2018 draft in the roster to start 2023.

I am not sure that’s “throwing under the bus”.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Superbowl winners don't need scapegoats

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

We’re going to have one player on the roster from Beane’s 2018 draft in the roster to start 2023.

I am not sure that’s “throwing under the bus”.

Not sure that has anything to do with it. But ok. 

52 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I’m not sure if there will be a next year for McDermott nor Beane unless this team seriously performs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Coach McD has failed to meet goals and expectations for the last three years. 

Two years not three. Unless you thought the expectation in 2020 was a 13-3 season and AFC Championship game appearance all while still questioning who exactly Allen was heading into that season. If he fails a third year I think he is gone. But right now it is kind of fuzzy to me what exactly the expectations are for the season.

I can't say with a straight face that the team has Super Bowl expectations. Just getting back to the AFC Championship game would be a great start to get things back on track. Even that might be a bit high though. I'd probably settle for not getting blown out in the divisional round. Anything less than that and he needs to be gone though. You simply can't go backwards three seasons in a row and not expect to pay the consequences. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not sure that has anything to do with it. But ok. 

If your GM doesn’t draft enough quality player to re-sign. Or doesn’t re-sign the quality players that they drafted, is it really “throwing the GM under the bus”?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

look, i think i know what you’re saying here - talent should trump “culture” - and I agree with that 100%. 

But i def disagree that: 1. Terry has any sort of input into football s*** that would back McD up; and 2: that McD and Beane are at any sort of impasse. 

I just think they missed on the last couple drafts, in the early rounds. Sucks for sure. Get better at that high prospect ids (1st-3rd rd) and they’ll be fine. They have the hardest part of assembling a good team already set.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

look, i think i know what you’re saying here - talent should trump “culture” - and I agree with that 100%. 

But i def disagree that: 1. Terry has any sort of input into football s*** that would back McD up; and 2: that McD and Beane are at any sort of impasse. 

I just think they missed on the last couple drafts, in the early rounds. Sucks for sure. Get better at that high prospect ids (1st-3rd rd) and they’ll be fine. They have the hardest part of assembling a good team already set.

They legit have only one piece of assembling a good team already. They had a dominant defense (all pretty much bought, not drafted), but no longer do. They have zero weapons on offense other than Diggs(traded for, not drafted). 

I don’t believe Beane or McD are at any impasse. But I do believe that another year or 2 of why we’ve already experienced so well, and Terry is going to start sing questions. He’s going to go to McD not Beane and McD will gladly show that the draft picks that have been made are not panning out, even though I believe he has hand picked every single one of the defensive draft picks. 

just my opinion. No way to prove it until it happens. I guess well just see when the time comes. But I’m marking it down here now. Beane will be gone before McD is. Unless one of them steps away from football for some time. Even then I believe it’ll be set up in a certain way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.