The Super Bowl winning team just gave up 35 points in a Championship game.

Beast

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

I am the biggest fan of Edmunds but how do you justify giving him a big contract? 

Let him and Poyer walk.

Get Allen some speed and protection and the Bills will be on stage at this time next season.

Enough said!

Love Po but age & injuries are starting to pile up.  I appreciate what Edmunds does and is kinda forced to do. Maybe under a different system he might generate more splash plays. We absolutely must rebuild the offense starting with the OL.  Singletary also likely gone. Who knows what's going to happen to Gabe & Ed?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Again, I’m not the GM or scouts. Why does it matter who I think should replace Edmunds? Whoever it is I’m pretty sure we can handle not giving up 35 points in a Championship,game.

Tell me….who do you think we can bring in on offense to score 35 to 38 points in a game like we just witnessed? Or, does that not matter to you?

Well we scored the 3rd most points in the league behind KC and Philadelphia so we're right there with the top teams, I'm not as down on Gabe Davis as others and think he's fine as the #2 plus with TE Dawson Know and Diggs we have a solid trio at WR. If we didn't re-sign Edmunds I'd go after RT Mike McGlinchey (SF), I'd also draft in the 1st or 2nd round an OG, we'll also need to draft a ILB in the 1st 3 round of the draft as well because we will now lose a do everything ILB imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Well we scored the 3rd most points in the league behind KC and Philadelphia so we're right there with the top teams, I'm not as down on Gabe Davis as others and think he's fine as the #2 plus with TE Dawson Know and Diggs we have a solid trio at WR. If we didn't re-sign Edmunds I'd go after RT Mike McGlinchey (SF), I'd also draft in the 1st or 2nd round an OG, we'll also need to draft a ILB in the 1st 3 round of the draft as well because we will now lose a do everything ILB imo.

We scored 10 points at home when it mattered the most.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Spoiler alert…Davis is not “fine” as the number 2. Not even close. Very limited skill set and elite tree. We can upgrade there for sure. 

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Well the team that lost scored 35…so if they could actually make a few stops they win. You can look at it like, 35 should be enough. But you had no defense when it mattered. Hold them to 34 and you win…works both ways

The Eagles have a good defense, though. They led the league in sacks and got zero in the superbowl.

I think the Bills will win more in the playoffs if they can dial in their offense more, even if the defense is worse.

• Agree 2

I’ve also been one of Edmunds biggest defenders on here for years and I agree. LB is one of the least important position groups in todays NFL and there’s no way to justify spending $25M+ per year on it. Hope he gets a huge payday and continues to ball out, just not in Buffalo.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

If our d is top 8-12, then that should be good enough if we get Allen a brick wall and another elite weapon. No reason whatsoever to draft defense except for maybe on day 3. 

Agreed.

Does it really matter where they rank in the regular season? We have seen them get smoked 3 years straight. They just have to accept you are going to have to score 30+ and put the money on offense and fill in well enough on D.

San Fran's D even got smoked(big assist to no QB and no offense) and they were probably the closest thing to a dominating D in the NFL this year. It just doesn't matter anymore. Good offensive teams are going to score their points, the rules are tilted too far to their side now.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Dorsey gotta go. He's so far out of his league next to the leagues elite its not even funny

Why do you assume a first year OC will not improve at all? The same way a rookie QB takes a huge leap between year one and two, I would expect him to do the same. 

Anyone who does something for the first time is going to be able to improve a lot at it, in any profession, over time.

We just have to hope his ceiling is as high as Allen's 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

IMO there is a lot of bad QB play aside from a handful of stars.

That allows defenses to get fat in the regular season but once the playoffs start they face top QBs and it's different.

Agree...rules are tilted way too far in the offenses favor now for D to mean much against elite QBs, unless the DLine dominates up front like in the KC SB against TB.

Edited by Big Turk

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Eagles have a good defense, though. They led the league in sacks and got zero in the superbowl.

I think the Bills will win more in the playoffs if they can dial in their offense more, even if the defense is worse.

The Eagles defense had really good stats. They played 0 good QBs all season. That matters.

• Like (+1) 1

I generally agree but the Chiefs defense was actually a problem for them for most of the season. They snuck out a lot of wins by the skin of their teeth often because of luck. Tonight was no different. A false start and then a flukey fumble returned for a TD plus a big punt return led to 14 points. If not for those plays the Chiefs lose by two scores IMO.

The Eagles defense got confused multiple times tonight which left KC pass catchers high school wide open at times. That doesn't mean defense doesn't matter, it was just a bad night for them. I think their defense is a lot like ours, they play vanilla most of the time which is good enough to collect gaudy stats against bad teams, but then the good QBs and offenses exploit it easily. Maybe we should have paid more attention when they gave up 40 points to the Cowboys.

I would let Edmunds walk for the reasons you stated. We have to transfer some of our resources from defense to offense, and a good but not elite LB is a great place to start. Hopefully we head into the playoffs next year much healthier on defense because I think the defensive line we started the year with could be a force. White will be one more season removed from his injury and Elam will have more experience. Defense still matters but we don't have to invest anything new into the defense to take it to another level. Just mix up the scheme and trust that the players we have will be good enough to get it done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

IMO there is a lot of bad QB play aside from a handful of stars.

That allows defenses to get fat in the regular season but once the playoffs start they face top QBs and it's different.

Again, the Bills put up 10 at home on the Bengals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.