The Super Bowl winning team just gave up 35 points in a Championship game.

Beast

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, defense didn’t matter 2 years ago when tampa rolled them and KC scored 9.  It didn’t matter last year when the rams held Cinci to 20.  It didn’t matter when the pats held the rams.  Or when KC held SF to 20.  Or when the pats held the rams to 3 points.  As if 2023 was the first year in the “Mahomes era”

You can’t make this stuff up

I literally have a hard time understanding how some of you don’t understand or see such a simple concept and point.  I’m not going to go around and around with those who don’t actually care to read correctly.  SMH.

3 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

A great defense does NOT matter, a great offense DOES in the Mahomes era.

6 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I literally have a hard time understanding how some of you don’t understand or see such a simple concept and point.  I’m not going to go around and around with those who don’t actually care to read correctly.  SMH.

Then you should do a better job of explaining your point.  

I gave you 4 examples of the previous 4 Super Bowl winning teams who’s defense held the opposition to under 21 points.  4 in a row.  Yet defense doesn’t matter in “the Mahomes era”.  That same era where Mahomes scored 9 points in a Super Bowl.  That comment is just wrong.  

Already wasted too much time on this.  Defense doesn’t matter.  My bad.

17 hours ago, Beast said:

We scored 10 points at home when it mattered the most.

17 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Spoiler alert…Davis is not “fine” as the number 2. Not even close. Very limited skill set and elite tree. We can upgrade there for sure. 

17 hours ago, MJS said:

The Eagles have a good defense, though. They led the league in sacks and got zero in the superbowl.

I think the Bills will win more in the playoffs if they can dial in their offense more, even if the defense is worse.

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Has 1 Bills player ever been the topic of more threads than Edmunds?

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Chiefs oline was freaking awesome. They played a great game. That was the key battle to me and KC won.

Solution...Cooper Kupp:wub:

5 hours ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

Hilarious that just giving JA better protection or more speed at WRs will suddenly be the magic wand. It’s coaching folks. JA would still throw the 50 yrd, low % bombs if he had the Dallas Cowboy OL from ‘92-93.

Allen did exactly what you said he won't in 2020, when he had better pass protection and Cole Beasley and John Brown in their prime both with the ability to run after making short catches. An offense that only throws short passes to Diggs and Davis and McKenzie is destined to fail. An offense that lives and dies on deep passes with a poor OL is also destined to fail. So we had no good answers on offense. The only reason we consistently scored points is that Allen made magic happen enough times in every game. Get him an offense on par with what he had in 2020 and I'm sure he will run it the right away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.