Rihanna-A boring halftime performance

Billsfan1972

I didn’t care for her performance.  Not my cup of tea but I prefer they show modern pop stars over the past years when they hired older Classic Rock stars of the past that can’t play/sing like I remembered them.  

The halftime show is overblown and it interrupts the flow of the game.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The show was fine.  A little bland, but it's a tough job trying to appeal to 80k football (not pop music) fans in person and another however many million at home.  Only the biggest of biggest entertainers have the chops and charisma to pull it off.  Outside of Prince, U2 and nip slip, I can barely remember a halftime show in the past 20ish years.

5 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I was kinda stunned by that. Honestly, the “wardrobe malfunction” is less an issue than The Sniff.

I'm just tired of halftime shows always being the same pop crap. Maybe mix it up so my kids can watch, or I can feel comfortable watching around my family idk. Maybe I'm old but I don't think so, but that was a bit much. 

• Like (+1) 4

Lol half time shows. Was there ever a good one? Maybe Prince but then I just remember nonsense like this and multiple doses of Coldplay. It honestly feels like something they should start to sunset, but I imagine there's still a bajillion dollars worth of profit and product placements that still happen somehow and must continue.

I've always like that song where she goes Work Work Work Work Work for some reason.

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I didn’t care for her performance.  Not my cup of tea but I prefer they show modern pop stars over the past years when the hired older Classic Rock stars of the past that can’t play/sing like I remembered them.  

The halftime show is overblown and it interrupts the flow of the game.   

Thats what I hate about the Super Bowl...it’s not about the football, it’s about everything else....sick of the halftime show....either have it pre or post-game....29 minute halftime is ridiculous, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I like her and fine when her songs come on the radio, but boy was that a nondescript halftime show.

Then I go online and everyone's saying how wonderful it was.

Am I missing something?

lol previous Super Bowl performances we’re done by the likes of Selena Gomez who can’t sing a lick

She did fine

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.