49ers @ Eagles, NFC Championship (not a thread for Bills debate, please)

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Amaru523 said:

I've read on here that the SF system is built so that ANY QB can step in and look good. "SF runs the most QB friendly system in the league", but now I'm reading that the only reason Philly is winning is because of the QB and the refs lol.

That was just people trying to downplay how well Purdy had played.

Just now, Amaru523 said:

I've read on here that the SF system is built so that ANY QB can step in and look good. "SF runs the most QB friendly system in the league", but now I'm reading that the only reason Philly is winning is because of the QB and the refs lol.

They literally made the championship game with Mr Irrelevant…essentially having no qb is too much for any team to overcome 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Well, I’d argue they quit when they decided a guy who literally can’t throw the ball past the LOS should continue to play QB. 

Outside of the fact that the defense knows exactly what they’ll do every play, there wasn’t enough time to “establish the run” in the second half. 

The Niners coaching staff quit on the team. No, an emergency QB wouldn’t have saved the day. But having a guy with a functioning arm HAS to be the better option. 

what was the option exactly ?

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s amazing pretty much their entire schedule from the start of the year has been one big gift from the NFL to Philly 

They played 6 games against teams that made the postseason, which is one more than the Bills. We would've played 6 if the Cincy game happened.

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Well, I’d argue they quit when they decided a guy who literally can’t throw the ball past the LOS should continue to play QB. 

Outside of the fact that the defense knows exactly what they’ll do every play, there wasn’t enough time to “establish the run” in the second half. 

The Niners coaching staff quit on the team. No, an emergency QB wouldn’t have saved the day. But having a guy with a functioning arm HAS to be the better option. 

I was talking about the players and their effort, not the staff or their decisions 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They literally made the championship game with Mr Irrelevant…essentially having no qb is too much for any team to overcome 

I think a healthy Purdy today would have resulted in a 49ers win. Their defense is elite and Hurts was totally average. Needed some offense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

The NFL is an inferior product because it relies too heavily on 1 position (QB) to make it watchable. 

An inferior product that is by far the most popular sport in the country?

What a poor take by you.

Like I said earlier, didn’t really care who won today.  Had hope the Niners would win as they’ve been a team I’ve liked since Montana.

Gonna be tough rooting for the Eagles, but hope they have enough to put down either AFC team.  After todays performance against a quarterbackless team…not impressed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.