Eli Apple - jackass of the year

QB Bills

He's on a twitter roll right now calling out Diggs and Allen and even took a shot at the Damar Hamlin situation. I legit hate this guy and that team more than any other team right now. With this clown and Burrow's arrogance, I say the hell with all the goodwill from the past. I hope (gulp) KC crushes them. Don't see that happening though, unfortunately.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EliApple/with_replies

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

He's on a twitter roll right now calling out Diggs and Allen and even took a shot at the Damar Hamlin situation. I legit hate this guy and that team more than any other team right now. With this clown and Burrow's arrogance, I say the hell with all the goodwill from the past. I hope (gulp) KC crushes them. Don't see that happening though, unfortunately.

Was hoping for Bengals but after this nonsense no more cheers or hope. No more frenemies. Espy cheap shot with Damar with what Apple. Chiefs kick there ass. They are too motivated about this game then anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, beebe said:

say what you want about the chiefs but they have a healthy respect for the bills. 

these bengals are cocky SOBs. 

Bengals have zero reason to respect us at the moment.  

That being said, that tweet crosses the line, and if we have any sense of self-respect, he’ll get his when we see them next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

30 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It's Eli Apple.  It'd be a repeat award for him.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/2/17/22939174/eli-apple-jokes-nfl-ravens-chiefs-super-bowl-cooper-kupp

Apple has been known as one of the league’s biggest trash talkers since he was drafted in 2016. From the second he arrived in the NFL it became clear he knew how to get under the skin of wide receivers, and even his own teammates. Apple was a quick riser during the pre-draft process, where he lifted his stock from a mid-late first round pick to a top-10 prospect selected by the Giants — and the hype seemed to carry into the NFL. From the second he arrived in New York, Apple had an ego. That alone is fine, plenty of the best in football history have an ego, but often it felt as if Apple’s crossed into the unhealthy.

Now with the Bengals, Apple decided to mock Mecole Hardman and Tyreek Hill of the Chiefs following Cincinnati’s surprise win.

Aye @MecoleHardman4 @cheetah dm me yall number and I’ll hook yall up wit them super bowl tickets on me

— Eli Apple (@EliApple) January 31, 2022

Apple would also go on to retweet anyone who talked trash about the Chiefs, or mocked their receivers. He also appeared to take credit for the entire defensive unit having success, when he was a very small cog in the relative machine.

Apple was horrific in the Super Bowl. The defense kept him away from covering Cooper Kupp as much as possible, but when Apple found himself in coverage against the Rams No. 1, things went bad. Apple gave up both of Kupp’s touchdowns, including the game-sealing reception in the fourth quarter.

Cooper Kupp did most of his work as a receiver when aligned on the right side of the formation:

Right: 6 rec, 71 yds, 2 TD
Left: 2 rec, 21 yds

» Bengals Eli Apple lined up at left cornerback on 88% of snaps; allowed both TD as nearest defender vs Kupp#SBLVI | #RamsHouse pic.twitter.com/VbTWfvbTok

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) February 14, 2022

So now, it was time for the Chiefs’ receivers to exact their revenge — and they went all in.

Basically, Apple can talk his talk now, but his fingers may be writing a check his coverage skills can't cash. 

He's done it before.

PS read the link, it's pretty funny - like Mecole Hardman tweeting a picture of his own Superbowl ring at Apple after the loss.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I was done with that team after Burrow went off after the game about the league putting tickets to the neutral site on sale.  If you look on Ticketmaster even now the Bengals had sold tickets to the AFC championship in Cincinnati on the chance that Jacksonville beat KC.

I like Burrow a lot but that was so lame.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I'd love to see them get their asses whupped by a one-legged Patty Mahomes, actually.

And that's something I did not see myself saying on Sunday at noon.

Nah.. I want everyone to have narratives. 

If Josh has the unfair “can’t beat Burrow or Mahomes in the Playoffs” narrative, give Mahomes the “can’t beat Burrow” narrative and Burrow the “can’t win the big one” narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Don’t worry boys. The 49ers or Eagles will manhandle that line and they will be halfway to our 1990-93 Bills haha. Remember that and troll the ever living crap out of them when they inevitably lose. Arrogance has a nasty way of blinding you from reality. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Honestly, I was done with that team after Burrow went off after the game about the league putting tickets to the neutral site on sale.  If you look on Ticketmaster even now the Bengals had sold tickets to the AFC championship in Cincinnati on the chance that Jacksonville beat KC.

I like Burrow a lot but that was so lame.

It was a fair source of trying to stir up motivation.  Didn't Zac Taylor say you have to gather up every scrap of motivation to stir up energy this time of year?  Maybe McDermott should have been riling the team up about how the Bengals were selling AFCCG tickets for Cincinnatti.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.