Mike Gesicki is a free agent. Would the Bills take a flyer on him?

Draconator

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Shakir can high point a ball.

Knox always baffles me. He will sporadically drop the easy catch that is right to his hands on a crosser, yet will dive in the EZ and make a one handed grab around a DB and still have enough body control to get a knee in bounds with just a few inches to spare.

Apparently he needs the difficulty level to be set to near impossible.

:)

That’s football… Some people have concentration drops.., At every single level of football 

Knox’s Concentration drops from his rookie year are down probably 75%… So I don’t even think you could call it an issue compared to four years ago

He’s worked extremely hard

And he’s always been amazing at the hard catch

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Knox always baffles me. He will sporadically drop the easy catch that is right to his hands on a crosser, yet will dive in the EZ and make a one handed grab around a DB and still have enough body control to get a knee in bounds with just a few inches to spare.

Apparently he needs the difficulty level to be set to near impossible.

:)

Seems like the whole team plays up or down to the level of the challenge. Last year's wildcard game was a rare exception.

• Agree 1

I thought about this topic.

Historically, Josh doesn’t throw to Tight Ends, but Knox is the second most productive red zone receiver. 

But, of course, another Tight End that can make plays would challenge this offensive design.

Bills won’t draft high enough to select Mike Mayer, but what would he do in combination with Knox?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Morris as a TE2 right now is fine. No on Gesicki and what he'd want. Cut Sweeney and maybe draft a TE later rounds.  We need OL/Wr.....

Sweeney has not improved enough it seems. Good time to draft a fresh look or two
Morris is my #2 .

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The tight end who can't play tight end? 

The hardest of hard passes.

harsh  lol

I see Dalton Kincaid TE, Utah mocked to us in some RD1 Drafts. 

Id rather go that way than sign another big money TE, if we feel that’s a move we want to make. 

Not sure I understand the need for a second really good TE though… I’d rather invest high draft picks into OL & a WR. 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

It's known that Gesicki can't block, but he can get open and can catch the ball. Would you want Beane to sign him?

He’s done in Miami.  I’d love if it the Bills signed him but they can’t tie that much money up in the TE position after re-signing Knox

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

It's known that Gesicki can't block, but he can get open and can catch the ball. Would you want Beane to sign him?

If he can't block then he's a glorified WR, who's really not much use to us.  We need a legit WR2, which he is not.  Gabe was not that guy either in the regular season anyway.  We have plenty of others role players.  I don't think there's really anything special he brings to the table that we don't already have.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

I’ll take him as a slot WR/ red zone threat if he wants to take a 2-3M on a prove it deal. 

if we’re going to add a TE, I’d prefer one that is a proven blocker with the ability catch some passes.  We already have a pretty good non blocking TE2 in Morris

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.