Any news about KC? If we win Sunday.

Bernie Lomax

I am a season ticket holder. I have set (refundable) plane tickets and hotel for the potential KC game in the ATL. They are thru Cleveland, SO CHEAP, and direct/nonstop.

My question is…what is the process for ticket distribution?

The stadium holds 75,000 ppl In Atlanta. . We have 60,000 season ticket holders currently in Buffalo. I understand many won’t go 

Did the Bills release a statement regarding this process?

Has anyone heard anything?

I understand that we need to beat the Bengals l, and that’s a tall order. I’m just trying to plan if it happens.

Thanks for any direction here👍

Go Bills!

Tim 

2 hours ago, Bernie Lomax said:

I am a season ticket holder. I have set (refundable) plane tickets and hotel for the potential KC game in the ATL. They are thru Cleveland, SO CHEAP, and direct/nonstop.

The stadium holds 75,000 ppl In Atlanta. . We have 60,000 season ticket holders currently in Buffalo. I understand many won’t go 

I understand that we need to beat the Bengals l, and that’s a tall order. I’m just trying to plan if it happens.

Go Bills!

Tim 

You are a STH, and instead of calling the Bills, you look for an answer here?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Bernie Lomax said:

Go Bills!

Tim 

Season ticket holders who prepaid for their playoff tickets will be given priority. No word yet on how it will work but my guess is there will be a sales window opening right after a Bills win, and if KC wins Saturday. I'm also assuming it will be timed by seniority.

Mercedes Benz Stadium holds 75K so figure the Bills get half, there will not be enough for non season ticket holders.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Look, it is my understanding that even a number of higher end Falcons season tickets holders will get dibs on tickets for this game.

I know a guy.  He's actually a prince...a prince of a guy, really.  He has access to 50 yard line and suite level tickets for the AFC Championship game, but he's fallen on a little bit of hard times.  If someone is just able to send him $2,000 per ticket (he has access to 10) it will help him get his feet under himself.  

The good news is the tickets would only actually be $250 a piece and you would get all your extra money back, which would be a steal for a Bills AFC Championship game, but again, to get things situated now it is going to have to be the $20,000 for the 10 tickets, up front. This guy would be very grateful and take you out to dinner in Atlanta on the Saturday night before the game, on him, if you are in town.

This is too sweet a deal to pass up and I am only telling you guys about it so please don't blow this thing up.

I'll forward the e-mail to all interested parties for this too good to be true Bills championship game opportunity a little later.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Season ticket holders who prepaid for their playoff tickets will be given priority. No word yet on how it will work but I'm going to assume a sales window opens right after a Bills win, assuming KC wins Saturday. I'm also assuming it will be timed by seniority.

Mercedes Benz Stadium holds 75K so figure the Bills get half, there will not be enough for non season ticket holders.

I wonder about that last sentence.  Me thinks there will be a few more tix available and especially thru Stub Hub, et al, than you might want to believe.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I wonder about that last sentence.  Me thinks there will be a few more tix available and especially thru Stub Hub, et al, than you might want to believe.

Well of course the secondary market is always there. I just meant buying from the Bills. I don't think there will be enough for all STH'ers much less non season ticket folks. I'm a little worried the NFL may really jack up the face prices to filter out the poor working folk.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well of course the secondary market is always there. I just meant buying from the Bills. I don't think there will be enough for all STH'ers much less non season ticket folks. I'm a little worried the NFL may really jack up the face prices to filter out the poor working folk.

I think we should stop worrying about the "poor working folk" and worry more about the ruthless scalping that will be going on from the STHers that get a chance to get tickets.

I hope they offer at a price that is close to market so that STHers don't buy tickets they don't intend to use.

• Dislike 2

52 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think we should stop worrying about the "poor working folk" and worry more about the ruthless scalping that will be going on from the STHers that get a chance to get tickets.

I hope they offer at a price that is close to market so that STHers don't buy tickets they don't intend to use.

You don't like free enterprise, commie? (I kid) 

I don't think they are going to allow STHers to buy more than what they own, and likely only half that amount because of the limited number of tickets. 

It's funny how season ticket holders become such villains when the Bills are good. I don't recall anyone complaining when tickets were $6 on StubHub.

• Agree 2

Not too helpful, but just got this from my ticket rep

"At this time, ticketing procedures have not yet been completely finalized for a potential AFC Championship game being played at a neutral site.

Season Ticket Members that committed to the Championship game (PAWP or paid in full for playoff tickets) will have priority.

Once completely finalized, we will share that process with you via email."

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

All that I hope is that they limit or completely stop re sellers

Make it so that the only people that can buy re sell tickets is the league or either NFL team 

they can do that fairly easy using the Ticketmaster platform.

Pearl Jam for their 2020 tour (which was rescheduled to last year!) allowed re-sale, but only at face value.

One oddity was, for some reason, the MSG and Denver shows allowed resale at any amount.  I think there’s some weord law on the books in NY and CO or something.

But if the event’s in GA, they should be in the clear to implement something like that if they want.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You don't like free enterprise, commie? (I kid) 

I don't think they are going to allow STHers to buy more than what they own, and likely only half that amount because of the limited number of tickets. 

It's funny how season ticket holders become such villains when the Bills are good. I don't recall anyone complaining when tickets were $6 on StubHub.

The problem is that now the whole process makes it hard for some people to plan/budget (like myself).

Knowing STHers doesn't help.  First you don't know if they can get tickets and now secondly you can't just ask them to put you in for them because they can resell them for much more than what they pay for them (at least that was the case w the Miami playoff game).

And even if they only allow STHers to buy the number they own- everyone who can, will buy, and if not using ,will put up on the resale market for a pretty healthy profit.

24 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The problem is that now the whole process makes it hard for some people to plan/budget (like myself).

Knowing STHers doesn't help.  First you don't know if they can get tickets and now secondly you can't just ask them to put you in for them because they can resell them for much more than what they pay for them (at least that was the case w the Miami playoff game).

And even if they only allow STHers to buy the number they own- everyone who can, will buy, and if not using ,will put up on the resale market for a pretty healthy profit.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure there are a--holes sellers just in it for the buck. But most are regular folks just looking to cover the cost of their ever-more-expensive seats. If you're like me, you've had your seats through most of the drought and couldn't give away December game tickets most years. And do you know that we now get 1099'd for the gross amount of tickets sold and get taxed on it? Sorry if I'm not feeling real sympathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

LOL - no one was worried about us season ticket holders all the years (decade) when we were paying $120 up front for a seat that ended up being worth less than $20 by the last 1/4 of the season, now we're the enemies if we make a buck on a resale? 

I'll give you this much, I hope we are able to buy only the number of seats we have in our season ticket account.  I have 1 seat and that's all I need to buy for Atlanta if the time comes.  

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure there are a--holes sellers just in it for the buck. But most are regular folks just looking to cover the cost of their ever-more-expensive seats. If you're like me, you've had your seats through most of the drought and couldn't give away December game tickets most years. And do you know that we now get 1099'd for the gross amount of tickets sold and get taxed on it? Sorry if I'm not feeling real sympathetic.

Interesting to see you comment on not feeling real sympathetic when the early comment that started this was your whining about hoping the front office didn't jack the price up for the poor working folk. 

If they put the price near the market, say around $400 a ticket, to STHers it might help stop the roller coaster price scenarios that we've seen in the past.

And I don't care about STHers making a profit.  What I care about is the uncertainty and delay that hinders planning.  

29 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Interesting to see you comment on not feeling real sympathetic when the early comment that started this was your whining about hoping the front office didn't jack the price up for the poor working folk. 

If they put the price near the market, say around $400 a ticket, to STHers it might help stop the roller coaster price scenarios that we've seen in the past.

And I don't care about STHers making a profit.  What I care about is the uncertainty and delay that hinders planning.  

It shouldn't be a new "market price" I pre-agreed to a price for my ticket - $130 for a game in season, $160 for the wildcard round, $200 for the divisional round, and $250 for the conference game.... and that's what I expect to pay.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

It shouldn't be a new "market price" I pre-agreed to a price for my ticket - $130 for a game in season, $160 for the wildcard round, $200 for the divisional round, and $250 for the conference game.... and that's what I expect to pay.

Didn't know that.  Of course they should honor that.

I hope they move through the process quickly, they will have both KC and the Bills to do.  

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Didn't know that.  Of course they should honor that.

I hope they move through the process quickly, they will have both KC and the Bills to do.  

With the pre-approval I can sign into account manage and see what I will be charged.   The only thing that concerns me is this
442264426_Screenshot2023-01-16at9_45_31PM.thumb.png.841df83e08b85c9802155d4880de1097.png

Technically the Bills wouldn't be hosting the game, neither would KC, if they use this to take advantage of a market and put the screws to the season ticket holders I'll be pissed.

12 hours ago, Bernie Lomax said:

Go Bills!

Tim 

I called the ticket office. Response: Word is it likely will be split between kc/bills with some to host city. (If this scenario plays out next weekend)Ticket sales will be pre sale to STH with priority based on seniority. With this in mind I’m believing if you’ve only had seasons for a year or two you are SOL. It should be announced or happen possibly before the next game is even played. Again, not my opinions. What I was told.

9 hours ago, MOBSTER said:

I called the ticket office. Response: Word is it likely will be split between kc/bills with some to host city. (If this scenario plays out next weekend)Ticket sales will be pre sale to STH with priority based on seniority. 

Exactly what I would have guessed. 

Maybe 30k for each STH base, and the remainder split between the clubs(players and staff use), locals, and of course some for NFL bigwigs. 

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Speaking of jacking up prices, I saw that the ‘get in’ price for the Super Bowl is $5500.  That is absolutely positively undebatably insane.  Someone could offer me free travel, lodging, food, drinks, souvenirs etc. and I wouldn’t pay that much.

Fresh off the presses:

AFC Title Game Scenarios:  

Scenario 1: Chiefs vs. Bills

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both advance to the AFC Title Game, the game will be played on Sunday, January 29th at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, the neutral site location designated by the NFL.

• As a Season Ticket Member, you will have access to an exclusive presale for the opportunity to purchase tickets to this potential neutral site AFC Title Game.

• Presales will begin at 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, January 18th and will end at 10:00 P.M. on Thursday, January 19th.  

• Member dates and times to enter the presale are assigned based on account seniority. Please find your date and time to enter the presale below: 

• You will receive an email one hour prior to your assigned time. This email will include a link to buy and a unique code to access the presale.

• Ticket purchases are limited to 6 tickets per account. Ticket availability is limited.

• If the game does not take place, purchasers will automatically be refunded to their method of payment. Please allow 7-10 days for your refund to be processed.

• In this potential neutral site scenario, your credit card on the Pay As We Play Payment Plan will NOT be charged as the game will not take place at Highmark Stadium.

Scenario 2: Jaguars vs. Bills 

• If the Jaguars and Bills advance in the Divisional Round, the AFC Title Game would be played at Highmark Stadium Sunday, January 29th. 

• In this scenario, your credit card will automatically be charged on Monday, January 23rd as part of the Pay As We Play Payment Plan. Sign in to your Account Manager to view your invoice or update your credit card information.  

Buffalo Bills Ticket Office

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I just got this email as well - a little bit pissed off they're allowing purchase of more seats than we have season tickets - I'm a little worried they're gonna be sold out before I have my shot at them (I know I'll be able to get them on the secondary market, but a little tired of Ticketmaster in my pocket.)

Probably better setting the limit at an arbitrary number, like 6, than allowing based on number of tickets.  What about the all the resellers that have like 100 tickets? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Look, it is my understanding that even a number of higher end Falcons season tickets holders will get dibs on tickets for this game.

I know a guy.  He's actually a prince...a prince of a guy, really.  He has access to 50 yard line and suite level tickets for the AFC Championship game, but he's fallen on a little bit of hard times.  If someone is just able to send him $2,000 per ticket (he has access to 10) it will help him get his feet under himself.  

The good news is the tickets would only actually be $250 a piece and you would get all your extra money back, which would be a steal for a Bills AFC Championship game, but again, to get things situated now it is going to have to be the $20,000 for the 10 tickets, up front. This guy would be very grateful and take you out to dinner in Atlanta on the Saturday night before the game, on him, if you are in town.

This is too sweet a deal to pass up and I am only telling you guys about it so please don't blow this thing up.

I'll forward the e-mail to all interested parties for this too good to be true Bills championship game opportunity a little later.

Maybe he knows my Nigerian friend with unclaimed lottery tickets?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Maybe he knows my Nigerian friend with unclaimed lottery tickets?

Clayboy, we need to help that guy out, too.  Dang it that has just been going on for too long.

Life sucks so bad when you are on the edge of being entitled to a lot of money, but then have to go out and ask others to help you just to get over that hump.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Probably better setting the limit at an arbitrary number, like 6, than allowing based on number of tickets.  What about the all the resellers that have like 100 tickets? 

That's an interesting question, I wonder if those sellers tend to operate under a single account or have multiple accounts to ensure they do ok in a situation like this.

10 am tomorrow window, I'm guessing we are not getting our prices that are on our prepay invoices for this... anyone have an idea what seats will cost for this one? Have they released the ticket ranges by section at least?  Will they know what side of the field each team will be on?

I sent a question my to my ticket rep asking her about large ticket holders (such as, say, West Herr Ford) but my first focus is on how different this sale

might be from the one for STHers back in December where there should have been only the extra non STH seats available (plus those STHers who chose not to commit way back in the spring for playoffs).  If I hear anything, I will pass this along here.  BTW, my window opens at noon

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Speaking of jacking up prices, I saw that the ‘get in’ price for the Super Bowl is $5500.  That is absolutely positively undebatably insane.  Someone could offer me free travel, lodging, food, drinks, souvenirs etc. and I wouldn’t pay that much.

I suspect that's a price for a package. I think face value tickets run about $850.

16 hours ago, GottaRun said:

LOL - no one was worried about us season ticket holders all the years (decade) when we were paying $120 up front for a seat that ended up being worth less than $20 by the last 1/4 of the season, now we're the enemies if we make a buck on a resale? 

I'll give you this much, I hope we are able to buy only the number of seats we have in our season ticket account.  I have 1 seat and that's all I need to buy for Atlanta if the time comes.  

Having a business mentality towards holding tickets isnt very cool.

Im not saying youre a bad guy or anything...but whoever came up with the idea of flipping tickets for profit isnt a very cool person. If you buy the tickets go...if you cant at least get rid of them for what you paid. Someone would gladly like your seat. If not, you dont renew. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.