Question for OC Dorsey

JMM

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

:lol:

C'mon man, I was listening to that game on the radio in the truck and know what it was

Well I’m glad you’re an expert on the bills running game  

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Definitely don't hail people who make up crap and throw it at the wall to see what sticks.

Oh that would be half your posts 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Play calls should never stop momentum.  The series with the two long ball incompletions did that.  Whether Dorsey called that, or Josh tried to play hero ball, it was the opposite of what was needed.

Gabe was wide open for a td on the second play, but Josh overthrew him. The play call didn’t stop the momentum. Josh’s lack of execution on that play did. Wide open. 

• Agree 1

I will be the first to admit, I am not the biggest Dorsey fan.  Today was a little tough for me, though.  I have a hard time criticizing Dorsey too much.  Yeah, there were a few calls that I would have liked to have seen something different, but there was some stuff I really liked.  I loved the design of the Cook TD run.  Took advantage of his speed and was a nice wrinkle to see.  I loved the way Diggs was being used early.  He caught the deep ball and followed it up with some great work on a slant. 

But, where I take issue is that he never really went back to some of those things that were working.  Where were the slants for the rest of the game?  It seems like too many times we don't do the basic stuff most NFL teams do easily at times.

All that said, though, we scored 30+ points and it could have been a lot more early.  If Knox holds on to that TD early (I would still argue that maybe shouldn't have been overturned, though).  If Allen is just a little more accurate on a couple of the deep throws he made (just missed on a couple of bombs that would have been TDs), that would have helped.  If his guys just hold on to a couple of dimes Allen threw that should have been caught, that would have been big too.  This team was literally 3-4 plays that maybe should have been made that could have led to a 50 burger.

I get the frustration with Dorsey for the most part.  I'm right there with many of you in that he deserves his fair share of blame most of the time.  But, today, I don't come away from this game with him anywhere near the top of the list to blame for things that went wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, JMM said:

Are you familiar with the following concepts: RB screen, TE screen, bubble screen, draw, delayed draw, quick slant, quick out, go and stop, etc.  I'm no OC, but it seems to me that there are experts in the NFL that believe these are effective concepts against cover zero. Thanks for your attention.  Now...back to calling your seven step drop duo go routes.....

Did you watch the game? Beasley TD was a bubble screen and how many checkdown  passes does Josh throw in all the games. That’s our RB screen. We get our TE down the field. Our offense wasn’t the problem (34 pts and over 350 passing with 3 TDs and a 54 yd drop. We had 3 giveaways and that made it close.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Did you watch the game? Beasley TD was a bubble screen and how many checkdown  passes does Josh throw in all the games. That’s our RB screen. We get our TE down the field. Our offense wasn’t the problem (34 pts and over 350 passing with 3 TDs and a 54 yd drop. We had 3 giveaways and that made it close.

Can we deduct anything for the strip sack fumble TD?  Or the other turnovers that gave Miami prime field position?

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Beasley’s TD was a blatant illegal pick by Diggs.

44 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Dorsey has a lot of faults. But Josh is not blameless in this either. Some questionable decisions. The interception down deep. The handoff to Cook that was supposed to be a run. He’s been making mistakes all season that we haven’t really seen for a few years. 

I guess I just miss the calming influence of Daboll.  The shorter dump offs are open everywhere. But Dorsey & Josh seem to be locked in to "bombs away". Some worked, some were dropped and some overthrown.  So much to clean up, but we move on. DL/OL must play better.

• Agree 1

Bills have scored 34, 35, 35 and 32 their last 4 games. That's usually good enough to win if a Defense is doing their part. Frazier and soft zone coverage will be the end of our season. You can't continue to play that crap against playoff teams. Our front 4 without Von is pedestrian and allows even the most novice of QBs time to make plays against our "bend not break" D. Please don't spew stats at me because we all know this group is underperforming and not putting lesser competition away. 

58 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

His offensive play calling also put Miami back in this game. 

And Frazier's decision to call off the dogs once the Bills went up 34-24 was also inexplicable. He is the definition of conservative, play not to lose mentality. The blitz was working, we're in control, but hey let's rush only Boogie and AJ against a 3rd string 7th rounder

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.