Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd love it, but I suspect he might go late first and somehow I doubt Beane takes TE over D if they make the trade.

I said it before, but the best way to beat teams like the Chiefs and Bengals is not a better D, but giving your franchise QB all the weapons and protection you can get, and let him go out there and out-score them.....unfortunately, I don't think McBeane share this line of thinking.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

I could be wrong, but I think at least one of the three MLB's(Campbell, Sanders, Simpson) will still be available at pick 59, plus there are some mid-round MLB's that could be selected with pick 91.

MLB is a more important position on this defense than people are giving credit for. It's the Luke Keuchly position and Edmunds was also the play caller for the entire defense. I'd like them to get the guy they want rather than whoever is there at a later pick

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Trenton Simpson is a better choice, imo. His ceiling is higher and I think he's a closer replacement for Edmunds' role. Campbell is very easy to root for and I'll hope he is better than I suppose if selected, but just now I'm irritated by the large consensus in his favor. I'm not seeing the player many of you do and I suspect the intangibles are overriding what is actually on tape.

I personally disagree but I'll put my trust in them to get the guy that can fill that role. It's a very important position in the McDermott defense 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

MLB is a more important position on this defense than people are giving credit for. It's the Luke Keuchly position and Edmunds was also the play caller for the entire defense. I'd like them to get the guy they want rather than whoever is there at a later pick

I see where you are coming from, but I really think the NFL has changed in such a way, that having a great offense has become way more important than having a good defense.....we shall see what McBeane thinks is important after the first three rounds of the draft.

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

I said it before, but the best way to beat teams like the Chiefs and Bengals is not a better D, but giving your franchise QB all the weapons and protection you can get, and let him go out there and out-score them.....unfortunately, I don't think McBeane share this line of thinking.

Tried that against KC 2 years ago. Didn't work. 😉

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Better coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Don't be logical, that's not allowed around here 😁.

100% agree on everything you said, slot and YAC should be what we're trying to find in this draft

What exactly are you agreeing with? Hopkins played 9 games. Not 17. Gabe Davis had 93 Targets in 16 games. Hopkins had 96 in 9 games. Hopkins played with 3 different QBs. Two of those QBs were Colt McCoy and Trace McSorley. Kyler only played in 4 of the games that Dhop played in and he still had 64 catches and 717 yards. He got Targets because HE WAS OPEN or you can give him a jump ball. Davis had double the TD catches because again, he played the entire season. Dhop was on pace for 120 catches and 1400 yards in a full 17 games season. What part of that don't people like you and the guy you agree with, that's wrong, get?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Just say no.

No disrespect, but a lot of what you wrote below is inaccurate of just badly exaggerated and skewed. 

DHop only has any production at this point in his career because of his high volume of targets.

Hopkins was on pace this year 120 rec and 1400 despite catching passes in half his games from an ancient 2nd string QB on his last leg and a bum 3rd string QB.  

He will be 31 when the season starts. Was busted for PEDs and has started getting injured. Big no thank you.

Hopkins is only 6 months older than Diggs, so I don't see age being a grave concern.  And "started getting injured" is just a misleading statement.  He had one injury, so no need to try and exaggerate that to sound like it was a string of injuries.  In fact, prior to that injury, Hopkins only missed a total of 2 games his entire career. 

19 games combined over the past two seasons.

Come on...you already know that is because of a suspension. 

IMO Buffalo needed to get a legitimate slot guy to replace the Bease, not an outside guy to replace Davis.

No disagreement on the value of having a great slot guy.  I personally still like Shakirs potential, but I would not at all be upset if we took someone like Downs for example to come in and challenge for that slot spot. 

Last year Davis had 93 targets, DHOP had 96.

Davis had 100+ more yards, more than double the TDs, a much higher YPC average and the same number of first downs generated compared to DHOP.

Davis in his 3 year career has just three 100 yard games...three total over 3 years...while playing in the number 2 offense (2nd only to KC by just 10 points) over that 3 year span and in a high volume pass attack.  Hopkins has 9 during the same 3 year period and that is with Hopkins missing 19 games over that span.  

No disrespect, but Davis and Hopkins are not remotely on the same level of WR, its not even close.  Hopkins has been one of the best, and at times the best, WR in football most of his career.  Davis has been a good WR3 and a subpar WR2 so far.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay this is the first time in a while that I've really felt like this is going to happen. And I checked, this is actually Shaq's account.

^For anyone who can't see that image, it's a picture that Shaq Lawson just posted of him standing with DeAndre Hopkins.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

^For anyone who can't see that image, it's a picture that Shaq Lawson just posted of him standing with DeAndre Hopkins

It's basically this w Hopkins to Shaq's right...

shaq-shimmy.gif

:beer: 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

What exactly are you agreeing with? Hopkins played 9 games. Not 17. Gabe Davis had 93 Targets in 16 games. Hopkins had 96 in 9 games. Hopkins played with 3 different QBs. Two of those QBs were Colt McCoy and Trace McSorley. Kyler only played in 4 of the games that Dhop played in and he still had 64 catches and 717 yards. He got Targets because HE WAS OPEN or you can give him a jump ball. Davis had double the TD catches because again, he played the entire season. Dhop was on pace for 120 catches and 1400 yards in a full 17 games season. What part of that don't people like you and the guy you agree with, that's wrong, get?

Availability is the best ability.  And Dhop has been injured/coming off a PED suspension, which I'd be willing to live with if he didn't come with a $19m salary or if the cap was nonexistent.

On top of that, this offense doesn't need a 2nd #1 WR to succeed.  We need better balance, which I think comes with improving our RT and slot WR. 

If AZ takes on at least $9m of that salary, then it changes my mind (but that likely drives up the draft pick/trade value).  Too much $$$s to tie up at WR. 

We shall see what happens, my money is no trade.

• Disagree 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Okay this is the first time in a while that I've really felt like this is going to happen. And I checked, this is actually Shaq's account.

^For anyone who can't see that image, it's a picture that Shaq Lawson just posted of him standing with DeAndre Hopkins.

Great job!! you beat me to it 

49 minutes ago, Radar said:

Except he lost the right to pick. PED' suspension stripped that. They can trade him anywhere they want.

Not necessarily, Hopkins has the right to withhold a restructuring. If he doesn’t want to restructure for the Ravens, chances are he’s not going there. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That is some sensitive content, alright.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This got me excited. 

Hoping it is true if not i'll still be happy.

Yesssss. Inject it straight into my veins. 

Dhop has been snakebit his entire career, saddled with abysmal qbs (barring a short spell with Watson). 

Despite it, the guy just vacuums in any ball thats in his vicinity. I'm hoping buffalo lands him, or at the very least he goes somewhere else besides KC. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

At this point it is just cruel if we do not get Hopkins. And as a Bills fan, I have learned to expect cruelty. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Why?  Because you believed some random twitter accounts/speculation?  

by now, there is probably a laundry list of reasons I could give you. This thread didn’t get up to 235+ pages and hammered up to this very moment for nothing.