Do the Kansas City Chiefs deserve a bye week ?

HOUSE

Now that all the other games have been played and the NFL has done what it has done the seeds are 1. Chiefs, 2. Bills and 3. Cinci.    If they played the game the the Bills won, it would be 1. Bills, 2. Chiefs and 3. Cinci.   If they played the game the the Bills lost, it would be 1. Chiefs, 2. Cinci and 3. Bills.    I understand why people are questioning things, But the Bills would have been 1 or 3 based on the outcome of that game, the way the NFL handled it they get the 2 which would not be an option at all if the game was played.   Did the Chiefs benefit, yes they did...the bye week is something that can only go to one team, something had to happen.  I think there would be a lot more questing if they gave that to the Bills and even though it would benefit my team, I am ok with what they did do.

This is sour grapes.

If the Bills were in the same position that the Chiefs are in, everyone here would be defending it.

If people want to be pissed off, be pissed off about the loss to the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think it’s fair. KC did what they needed to do. It’s not their fault we didn’t finish our game. 

With that said, we did kinda get a bye week Bengals week(offense played one drive, defense played a drive and a half), and now it’s guaranteed we don’t have to go to arrowhead. 

It’s not perfect, but there’s no guarantee we won that game against Cinci. They were playing hot, and they got the short end of the deal as well. Is what it is. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

If the chiefs manage to win it all there will be a major ✳️

No there won't. The Chiefs are considered a power house team because of Mahomes in just about every NFL city. They are top 3 in just about every single power ranking. They are as deserving of winning the SB as Buffalo, Cincinnati, or Philly. 

If the Bills aren't good enough to beat the Chiefs at a neutral field, or Miami/Cincinnati at home, then they aren't good enough to win the whole thing. 

It is that simple for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo essentially had a bye week by not playing over 3 and a half quarters of football.

Yes, we had a devastating injury but you're kidding yourself if you think other serious injuries couldn't have occurred with the time remaining.

How would you feel if in the third quarter of that game Morse gets concussed again? Or Diggs gets a high ankle sprain? Or Milano gets hurt? It could have happened.

Accept it and be glad we don't go to Arrowhead this post season. Life isn't fair. Move on.

Edited by Nephilim17

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is sour grapes.

If the Bills were in the same position that the Chiefs are in, everyone here would be defending it.

If people want to be pissed off, be pissed off about the loss to the Jets.

I agree with everything, except I choose to be pissed off about the loss to the Vikings, mostly because I sat through it in person and it kind of ruined my birthday weekend.

4 hours ago, sunshynman said:

There was likely a 50/50 chance of them getting it with Buffalo losing to the Bengals. But it sucks something awful that they the Bills and Bengals were not given the chance to finish the game. That was the only true fair solution. But it would have cost the NFL too much to push the games around. It is sad!

And F no they don't deserve it. Although they did their part by winning their last 2 games. But to get it basically by default sucks balls.

They lost to both teams already this year. They will lose to either one again if they face them. Esepcially with Bills at a neutral site.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I will take it to my grave, the Chiefs should be playing this weekend same as the Bills.

The Chiefs won the #1 seed while Buffalo had no chance

Free bye week on a technicality 

A situation like this was ALWAYS going to have positive and negative consequences, depending on who you are and what your perspective is.

No way around that.

There was no "perfect" resolution to this incident.

Move forward!

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The #1 seed is not determined by win percentage 

How would you separate "best record" from "winning percentage"? The team with the best record also has the highest winning percentage.

Edited by Punch
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.