AFC top 3 Seed Flow Chart

BLeonard

The only thing Bills fans need to know is we have to beat the Pats.  If we do that, then that 100% guarantees we either play the AFCCG on a neutral site (KC beat Raiders) or we have home field and a bye week (Raiders beat Chiefs).  

Saturday cheer for the Chiefs to lose to the Raiders...Sunday all that matters is we beat the Pats.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only thing Bills fans need to know is we have to beat the Pats.  If we do that, then that 100% guarantees we either play the AFCCG on a neutral site (KC beat Raiders) or we have home field and a bye week (Raiders beat Chiefs).  

Saturday cheer for the Chiefs...Sunday all that matters is we beat the Pats.

Wut

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hou and Den brought KC down to the wire.  This game isn't a gimmie for kc buf or cincy

So if we get the 1 seed and play KC or Cincy it'll be in Buffalo? 

Correct.

Long story short, if the Bills win, they will only play outside of Orchard Park if they face the Chiefs in the AFC Championship and that'll be a neutral site game.

768795387_AFCCHAMP.thumb.jpg.00e79dfeb7a1d62d61df86ed6aee7992.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Correct.

Long story short, if the Bills win, they will only play outside of Orchard Park if they face the Chiefs in the AFC Championship and that'll be a neutral site game.

Man, I hope it's a warm, calm dome.  I feel good about those chances.

The Raiders really do have a shot at winning against the Chiefs. I know it's unlikely, based upon how those Chiefs games seemingly always go, but look at the last four games the Chiefs have won. Twice against the Broncos, the failling Seahawks, and the mighty Houston Texans. Some of those games were close and none were blowouts.

The Raiders went toe to toe with San Fran and lost in overtime. They beat New England and they beat the Chargers. Granted they did lose to the Rams and Steelers, by a combined 4 point margin, both road games instead of at home. Yeah, the QB situation is obviously a factor, but from what little we've seen it does look like he's a good fit for the current system.

So yeah, we know how this situation almost always plays out, but maybe this will be one of those rare occasions where it doesn't go KC's way. Depends on if the Raiders show up to play relatively mistake free football with nothing on the line but respect and the chance to screw over the Chiefs. Let's hope that's enough.

1 minute ago, Whites Bay said:

Man, I hope it's a warm, calm dome.  I feel good about those chances.

From what I've read, the top potential sites are Indianapolis and Atlanta.

Detroit is replacing their turf after the season and since they know the Lions won't be at home for the playoffs, they've already started, so Detroit is out:  https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/lions-move-up-field-turf-replacement

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Hou and Den brought KC down to the wire.  This game isn't a gimmie for kc buf or cincy

So if we get the 1 seed and play KC or Cincy it'll be in Buffalo? 

Denver brought them down to the wire on 2 out of the last 4 weeks. A month ago they almost overcame a 27-0 deficit and lost Wilson to a concussion in the 3rd quarter. Lost 34-28, but had 2 drives on the 4th with a chance to take the lead.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

8 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Correct.

I'm confused now lol. The chart shows Buf playing in Buf as the 1 seed regardless of opponent 

23 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Found this elsewhere and figured it'd be worth posting, so the question of who gets what seed under X result can be consolidated into one, easy to read spot.

514338052_SeedFlowChart.thumb.jpg.68a16a480803e3021ba981e06290ac38.jpg

I am a self-proclaimed idiot.  I cannot make sense of this chart at all.

• Agree 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Use the line under each team to designate the winner of the game. Go from the hypothetical winner and follow their line to the next block.

Raiders logo, arrow going to Pats/Bills. Suppose NE wins, curve down and left to the Balt Cinci block.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I'm still sober and that took me some work.  There probably should have been vertical bars between each of the two logos.  Imagine following the line under the logo...ahh, never mind.  You'll figure it out.

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The Raiders really do have a shot at winning against the Chiefs. I know it's unlikely, based upon how those Chiefs games seemingly always go, but look at the last four games the Chiefs have won. Twice against the Broncos, the failling Seahawks, and the mighty Houston Texans. Some of those games were close and none were blowouts.

The Raiders went toe to toe with San Fran and lost in overtime. They beat New England and they beat the Chargers. Granted they did lose to the Rams and Steelers, by a combined 4 point margin, both road games instead of at home. Yeah, the QB situation is obviously a factor, but from what little we've seen it does look like he's a good fit for the current system.

So yeah, we know how this situation almost always plays out, but maybe this will be one of those rare occasions where it doesn't go KC's way. Depends on if the Raiders show up to play relatively mistake free football with nothing on the line but respect and the chance to screw over the Chiefs. Let's hope that's enough.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I will say this:  Kansas City losing and the Bills winning this weekend makes a good chunk of their issues regarding seeding a moot point.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm confused now lol. The chart shows Buf playing in Buf as the 1 seed regardless of opponent 

Yep.  If the Bills get the 1 seed, they will have homefield throughout, regardless of who they play.

3 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Use the line under each team to designate the winner of the game. Go from the hypothetical winner and follow their line to the next block.

Raiders logo, arrow going to Pats/Bills. Suppose NE wins, curve down and left to the Balt Cinci block.

2 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Yeah, I'm still sober and that took me some work.  There probably should have been vertical bars between each of the two logos.  Imagine following the line under the logo...ahh, never mind.  You'll figure it out.

I got it.  Thanks, fellas!

8 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Depends on if the Raiders show up to play relatively mistake free football with nothing on the line but respect and the chance to screw over the Chiefs. Let's hope that's enough.

I could see this.

17 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Correct.

Considering Bills were the #1 seed in AFC and had beaten KC I do not see why Bengals protest so much.  Bills lost more.  Bengals could have lost AFC North title if Bills beat them and Ravens as well.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Don’t worry, you were not the first to proclaim this.   😋 

1 minute ago, motorj said:

Looks like from that flow chart bills went from controlling their own destiny to now kc and cincy having to win out and control the top 2 spots, wow

But nobody died, so we got that going for us! 

Interesting how canceling the Bills-Bengals game eliminated any possibility the Bengals would get the top seed, whereas the Bills are still alive for it. 

If I were a Bengals fan I would not be happy about that, or about the dumb idea that, even though they've won their division, they may have to flip a coin to decide if they play the Ravens at home or on the road in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I will say this:  Kansas City losing and the Bills winning this weekend makes a good chunk of their issues regarding seeding a moot point.

Yep.  If the Bills get the 1 seed, they will have homefield throughout, regardless of who they play.

Thought so. I misread your response 

If that scenario plays out and Cincy wins too, they truly get the short end of the stick because they'd be the 1 if they beat Buf. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Interesting how canceling the Bills-Bengals game eliminated any possibility the Bengals would get the top seed, whereas the Bills are still alive for it. 

If I were a Bengals fan I would not be happy about that, or about the dumb idea that, even though they've won their division, they may have to flip a coin to decide if they play the Ravens at home or on the road in the playoffs.

Wait what's up with this coin flip thing? Now I'm confused 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Wait what's up with this coin flip thing? Now I'm confused 

Coin flip has zero to do with the Bills.  Only between Baltimore and Cincinnati if the Ravens win Sunday and they'd meet in the first round of the playoffs.

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Saturday cheer for the Chiefs to lose to the Raiders...Sunday all that matters is we beat the Pats.

Agreed, that is it!  Win the game!  And, we control everything in front of us!

7 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

The issue with Bengals is with losses to Buffalo and Ravens the Ravens would have been AFC North winner because the beat Ravens earlier in year. 

Bills already locked up division.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Coin flip has zero to do with the Bills.  Only between Baltimore and Cincinnati if the Ravens win Sunday and they'd meet in the first round of the playoffs.

I realize that. I was just unaware. So if Ravens win, they're flipping a coin for home field for WC weekend??

53 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Correct.

I'll just watch the Saturday games to see what happens.

Sunday morning will have any "left over" scenario's drummed into all our heads.

LOL.

11 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

If the Bengals lose at home to Tyler Huntley, then they deserve to have their 1st round playoff game location decided by a coin flip. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.