How many Bills fans in Cincy tonite ?

Italian Bills

I’ll be there. I love an hour north of Cincinnati. There’s a surprising number of bills fans in the area. Lots of chatter that bills mafia will have a good showing tonight. That said there’s no comparison to bengals fans and the pathetic raiders fans. Plus it’s Vegas and not really their home and Niners fans used that as a nice fun weekend getaway. I expect 75/25 tonight maybe a little more 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Draconator said:

You do know that the Raiders now play in Las Vegas...

Opposing fans are always going to go to Vegas/LA as it's a nice vacation spot. In the case of the Rams/Chargers they don't have great fanbases as LA is a weak football market. Vegas is just a popular place to visit. When the Bills play the Raiders there or the Sabres play the Golden Knights, I could see Buffalo fans traveling in large numbers to go there.

Just now, Greg S said:

Opposing fans are always going to go to Vegas/LA as it's a nice vacation spot. In the case of the Rams/Chargers they don't have great fanbases as LA is a weak football market. Vegas is just a popular place to visit. When the Bills play the Raiders there or the Sabres play the Golden Knights, I could see Buffalo fans traveling in large numbers to go there.

Agree on all parts. But the post I quoted had it that the Raiders still played in Oakland.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Draconator said:

You do know that the Raiders now play in Las Vegas...

You do realize they played in Oakland?  They were an iconic team. The Oakland Raiders and Canadians were the top winning percentage sports franchises in all of the 4 major sports.  So there are still many Raiders fans in Oakland.  And Oakland - San Fran are rival sister cities.  So I, for one, am not shocked, that the Raiders game in San Francisco was 50% Raiders fans.

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

You do realize they played in Oakland?  They were an iconic team. The Oakland Raiders and Canadians were the top winning percentage sports franchises in all of the 4 major sports.  So there are still many Raiders fans in Oakland.  And Oakland - San Fran are rival sister cities.  So I, for one, am not shocked, that the Raiders game in San Francisco was 50% Raiders fans.

what?

and to add to that, I lived in the Bay Area for 13 years. I've seen many an Oakland/San Francisco game. You couldn't buy your way as a Raiders fan into a game at Candlestick Park. And if you showed up in a Montana or Rice jersey in Oakland, you didn't have the most pleasant experience. Las Vegas is a far cry from Oakland. 

Edited by Draconator

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

So I, for one, am not shocked, that the Raiders game in San Francisco was 50% Raiders fans.

That may well be the case, but yesterday they were playing in Vegas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I doubt that there will be more than 10% Bills fans there tonight. Cinci is not Miami (as far as crappy fan bases) and parts of Buffalo are still digging out.

Literally nobody is still digging out. Almost all the snow is gone now.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I feel so guilty. You guys are flying in for the game and I live about 10 minutes from the stadium and I'm not going. You shouldn't catch too much grief from the locals. They are used to being invaded by Steelers fans and Cubs games at GABP are like Leafs games at KBC.

I'm local too and not going (but hitting the tailgate at 4) - Go Bills!!

2 hours ago, Pete said:

thats because Oakland and San Francisco are sister cities

The Buffalo Bills vs the Amherst Athletics her we come!

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Agree on all parts. But the post I quoted had it that the Raiders still played in Oakland.

I don't think the poster thought that the Raiders play in Oakland anymore but that Oakland has a huge Raiders following since they just left recently. The Raiders will be synonymous with Oakland for a long time. Moving to Vegas won't change that in the short term. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

The Buffalo Bills vs the Amherst Athletics her we come!

I don't think the poster thought that the Raiders play in Oakland anymore but that Oakland has a huge Raiders following since they just left recently. The Raiders will be synonymous with Oakland for a long time. Moving to Vegas won't change that in the short term. 

And although not many, there are still some Raider fans in Oakland who firmly believe that they will fail in Las Vegas, and Davis will build a new stadium in Oakland and move the team back to Oakland within 5 years.  

40 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Okay i’ll tell my family to stop chipping away at the ice and snow.

Outside of areas that were artificially piled via snowplows or parking lots, there is green grass and bare pavement. At most a very thin coating of snow surrounding mostly grass. I live in the area, got about 4 feet of snow and have driven through the worst areas.

Not sure what they are chipping away at...it's been in the 40s and 50s almost all week.

Tell them to go boil some water and pour it on it...will melt it quick and won't refreeze.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.