The Cheatriots*; from 7-6 to 8-8. A fly in the ointment

Sierra Foothills

The Cheatriots; from 7-6 to 8-8. A fly in the ointment.

HOWEVER, they can still be a MAJOR pain in our asses... If they beat us next week they secure a wild card spot so they're guaranteed to be super motivated against us. On top of that if they make the playoffs they'll be sure to want to make their season by beating us in the playoffs.

If we beat Cinci tomorrow night, we'll have to decide how to approach week 18 vs NE based on the aforementioned situation

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

HOWEVER, they can still be a MAJOR pain in our asses... If they beat us next week they secure a wild card spot so they're guaranteed to be super motivated against us. On top of that if they make the playoffs they'll be sure to want to make their season by beating us in the playoffs.

If we beat Cinci tomorrow night, we'll have to decide how to approach week 18 vs NE based on the aforementioned situation

If we beat Cincinnati tomorrow night we still need to win next week. We won’t be resting starters next week no matter what. We will still be fighting to determine what seed we end up. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Are we scared of the Patriots again?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Are we scared of the Patriots again?

No I wouldn't say afraid.

It's just that I'd recently seen a few things about the Patriots' quest for an unbeaten season in 2007 and the regular season finale against the Giants (which NE won). As we all know New England finished the regular season 16-0 but the Giants beat New England in the Super Bowl a few weeks later.

Not afraid but just pointing out that New England could really be a pain in our asses.

26 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

There are no decisions.  The one seed will be in play.  End their season

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If NE beat us we are likely the #3 seed and therefore we won't see them again in the playoffs. 

Not sure how they can ruin anything.

It's that time of the evening so forgive me... if we won all our playoff games and New England won all of theirs, we would meet in the playoffs, no?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

If you saw that game today, the Patriots are horrible. No threats on offense, quarterback is less than mediocre. They played a Dolphins team that had no QB. One of the most boring games I ever slept through.

I know... the Cheatriots* really, truly suck but sports is funny.

Thats all.

19 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Yes, because they won today, KC could still finish with a better record than us if we go 1-1 and they win their last game.

Nevertheless, in a worst-case scenario New England could make their season by ruining ours.

Yeah... But who would you rather see in a possible playoff game:

The Cheats or the Dolfelons...

Which one is easier?

Who would you rather see bounced if BFLo doesn't get a bye?

Miami or NE*?

10 minutes ago, par73 said:

If you saw that game today, the Patriots are horrible. No threats on offense, quarterback is less than mediocre. They played a Dolphins team that had no QB. One of the most boring games I ever slept through.

But if Tua comes back for playoffs?

If there's no chance at getting the bye, say Bills lose to Cincy and they flex the Pats* game to late game.  Losing to NE* bounces the Phins. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Remember that fumble in the end zone against Minnesota? That close to none of this mattering. 

Such a ridiculous play call and when it happened I knew it would haunt us at the end of the season. 

It was a guaranteed win with 41 seconds to go but nope that would have been too easy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Steelers need to win tonight (and next week) so we can beat Cincy and the Pats keeping all 3 AFC East teams out of the playoffs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No matter what happens this week we need a win for seeding unless both kc and cinci play before us and we know the layout

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... But who would you rather see in a possible playoff game:

The Cheats or the Dolfelons...

Which one is easier?

Both are inferior to a true SB contender. 

It doesn't matter, they should roll both.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Beating them next week not only might knock them out of the playoffs but will give them a losing record, we should be motivated just to do that at minimum.

We did it against Miami a couple seasons ago knocking them out of the playoffs. Would love to do it to New England. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Remember that fumble in the end zone against Minnesota? That close to none of this mattering. 

Such a ridiculous play call and when it happened I knew it would haunt us at the end of the season. 

It was a guaranteed win with 41 seconds to go but nope that would have been too easy. 

Wait...what was the play call? The fumble was between the center-QB exchange. We never even saw the play. Are you saying it should have been a shotgun snap?

32 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

So was Cam Lewis batting ball down on 4th and a zillion miles, instead he was going for INT.

Maybe... Just maybe, Bills have unfinished business to accomplish on the road for the Football Gods to be appeased? 😉 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Let's say we win tomorrow. KC plays on Saturday in Vegas. Let's pretend something crazy happens and Vegas wins.

We go into Sunday knowing the 1 seed is ours. There is a possibility we rest starters. Or, we play starters and knock NE out. 

Thing is, I would much rather see NE down the road instead of Miami. 

There are pros/cons to resting starters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Let's say we win tomorrow. KC plays on Saturday in Vegas. Let's pretend something crazy happens and Vegas wins.

We go into Sunday knowing the 1 seed is ours. There is a possibility we rest starters. Or, we play starters and knock NE out. 

Thing is, I would much rather see NE down the road instead of Miami. 

There are pros/cons to resting starters. 

I dont think coaches think like that, not as the 1 seed. You dont play cute games to try and change who you draw. You do whats best for your team... could be rest starters. Could play them whole games, as to not get rusty over 2 weeks. Or, most likely, predetermined 2-3 drives on both sides, than yank em.

You only consider why which of the 3 is best for your team, and dont let a team preference sway you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I dont think coaches think like that, not as the 1 seed. You dont play cute games to try and change who you draw. You do whats best for your team... could be rest starters. Could play them whole games, as to not get rusty over 2 weeks. Or, most likely, predetermined 2-3 drives on both sides, than yank em.

You only consider why which of the 3 is best for your team, and dont let a team preference sway you.

From previous years I suspect the Bills start everyone and begin pulling people out at a certain point. I agree the risk of sitting everyone in week 18 with the bye as well is two weeks of not playing.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If we beat Cincinnati- there is no decision on how to play week 18 - you go all out and eliminate NE and secure the #1 seed.  Their motivation is irrelevant- the Bills win in Cincinnati they have to beat NE and let everything fall into place.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Sorry Patriots just don't scare me in the slightest!! Bring em on

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.