Hackett fired in Denver

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Never understood how he became a Head Coach.

He came to Buffalo from Syracuse under Marrone and ran a dreadfully boring offense.

Followed Marrone to Jacksonville and did the same thing.

Hung around Aaron Rodgers and rehabbed his image. 

And we have since learned that the Bills got hood-winked by Marrone’s agent and their 5-day “no stone unturned” search in Arizona led by Russ Brandon. 

They'll never admit this out loud but Hackett was an important part of their plan to court Rodgers and then they got stuck with both him and a way worse QB.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NOTHING will change.

Russell Wilson will still start and look horrible.

The Broncos defense will still get torched by the Chiefs.

*yawn*

Maybe so.....as they rightfully should/did, going to give up on Hackett long before they give up on R. Wilson. Hackett was in wayyyy over his head and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Never understood how he became a Head Coach.

He came to Buffalo from Syracuse under Marrone and ran a dreadfully boring offense.

Followed Marrone to Jacksonville and did the same thing.

Hung around Aaron Rodgers and rehabbed his image. 

And we have since learned that the Bills got hood-winked by Marrone’s agent and their 5-day “no stone unturned” search in Arizona led by Russ Brandon. 

Sadly if he could have just been as productive on offense as he was here with EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel leading the way, the Broncos would be challenging the Chiefs for the division. Their D has been that good most games this year...until they basically just quit yesterday.

He averaged 21.2 points per game in 2013 that year...Denver would have a LOT of wins with that kind of basic production this year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Three words is all I need to know about Hackett and his ability to coach….Syracuse Orange Football. People love picking on Irsay and Saturday with the Colts, but the Bills bringing the Syracuse Orange football staff to the NFL in the 21st century might be the biggest coaching joke of all time. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

their chances of beating Kc just tripled, from 0.2% to 0.6%!

With the way the Broncos defense played against the Rams, I am not positive at all... it is a divisional game though. My hope lies with the Raiders the week after to beat the Chiefs at Allegiant.

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I would guess that the Broncos will still look for offensive minded head coaches. Will this be Eric Bieniemy’s opportunity at last? Stays in division against the great Andy Reid?

That was my immediate thought when I heard this.  Their offense is a tire fire and they need someone who can sort Wilson out since they are locked into that albatross of a contract.  Not sure if Bieniemy is that guy, but he's at least familiar with that franchise.  Wilson ain't Patrick Mahomes though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.