27. Falcons
28. Colts
29. Texans
30. Cardinals
31. Bears
32. Broncos

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sammy Watkins says hi :nana:

Was a stupid trade up in draft yes. But they didn't give him some crazy contract.  Certainly he didn't get a second contract here.  And even there I can think of even worse draft blunders that even a young fan wouldn't have made.

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Given this firing, it's rock bottom for Denver in the puffies:

1. 49ers
2. Eagles
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Chiefs
6. Cowboys
7. Vikings
8. Ravens
9. Chargers
10. Jaguars
11. Giants
12. Dolphins 
13. Packers
14. Bucs
15. Steelers
16. Lions
17. Commanders
18. Patriots
19. Panthers
20. Jets
21. Seahawks
22. Titans
23. Saints
24. Rams
25. Raiders
26. Browns
27. Falcons
28. Colts
29. Texans
30. Cardinals
31. Bears
32. Broncos

What is a puffie and why is it good to be a puffie leader?

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Was a stupid trade up in draft yes. But they didn't give him some crazy contract.  Certainly he didn't get a second contract here.  And even there I can think of even worse draft blunders that even a young fan wouldn't have made.

What is a puffie and why is it good to be a puffie leader?

Puffin + daddy + Sean Puffy Combs=?

0XM1rlF%2BSQMYhv%2B4Chac=&risl=&pid=ImgR

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Could the Jets be the landing spot for a washed up former GB quarterback yet again? It's like a perfect circle.

True. But ...

... we forget that Favre DID make the Jets better. That signing is usually considered an epic fail. But the Jets went from 4-12 with the 25th ranked offense in 2007 (the year before Favre) to 9-7 with the 9th ranked scoring offense in 2008 with Favre. And then another 9-7 as the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez era started in 2009, but with the 17th ranked offense (top ranked defense).

So, be careful what we wish for. Semi-washed Aaron Rodgers >>> prime Zach Wilson.

EDIT: kinda like Drew Bledsoe to the Bills. 3-13, 27th ranked scoring offense in 2001 (Rob Johnson/Van Pelt), 8-8, 11th ranked offense in the first Bledsoe year. My take: these aging good (not all great!) QBs to new teams usually DO work, sometimes brilliantly (Peyton Manning, Brady, Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer to the Cards but not to the Raiders), sometimes decently (Bledsoe, Favre twice, Montana, Moon), and rarely totally fail (that's why Russell Wilson is such a mystery case, although Donovan McNabb was a somewhat lesser fail).

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. But ...

... we forget that Favre DID make the Jets better. That signing is usually considered an epic fail. But the Jets went from 4-12 with the 25th ranked offense in 2007 (the year before Favre) to 9-7 with the 9th ranked scoring offense in 2008 with Favre. And then another 9-7 as the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez era started in 2009, but with the 17th ranked offense (top ranked defense).

So, be careful what we wish for. Semi-washed Aaron Rodgers >>> prime Zach Wilson.

EDIT: kinda like Drew Bledsoe to the Bills. 3-13, 27th ranked scoring offense in 2001 (Rob Johnson/Van Pelt), 8-8, 11th ranked offense in the first Bledsoe year. My take: these aging good (not all great!) QBs to new teams usually DO work, sometimes brilliantly (Peyton Manning, Brady, Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer to the Cards but not to the Raiders), sometimes decently (Bledsoe, Favre twice, Montana, Moon), and rarely totally fail (that's why Russell Wilson is such a mystery case, although Donovan McNabb was a somewhat lesser fail).

Good post. I'd add Kurt Warner to the Cards too AND Favre to the Vikings, where he had one of his best seasons ever and should have gotten to the SB if not for terrible officiating and bounty hunting.  

Edited by dave mcbride

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good post. I'd add Kurt Warner to the Cards too AND Favre to the Vikings, where he had one of his best seasons ever and should have gotten to the SB if not for terrible officiating and bounty hunting.  

Thanks. Forgot all about Kurt Warner.

Older fans like me were conditioned to think that these old/beat-up QBs to new teams always failed. I saw Johnny Unitas being humiliated in San Diego and Joe Namath beclowning himself in Los Angeles. But that was a different NFL that didn't protect its QBs, and those were truly different 7-step drop, heave it up, pre-West Coast offense days. Even back then there were exceptions like Craig Morton playing maybe the best QB in the NFL in Denver in his mid-30s. And Post-2000 results have been pretty good.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.