Merry Xmas: Dolphin fans melting down in their forums and turning on Tua

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, JY422 said:

Sad but true. Many “fans” would turn. Not just on Allen but on McBean as well. 

I wanted them to bench allen after the Jets game, but not because I thought he deserved to be benched for his play, but because I felt the rest of the offense needed to figure crap out and Allen was going to go into hero mode if they didn't and get himself long term hurt.

I wasn't turning on anyone, I had confidence they'd figure it out, just please stop putting the key piece of the next 10 years (hopefully) in positions where he is taking on waaaay too much responsibility.

Thing with Miami, they also had the leverage of a brand new offensively minded  head coach and new weapons.  I’m not surprised that as the year has gone on, teams are keying in on their offense.  Let them run, maybe you give up a big play, but that team struggles to OWN the time of possession and paper cut teams to victory.

I predicted 10-7 for Miami at the beginning of the year, looking like I was right on the money

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Thing with Miami, they also had the leverage of a brand new offensively minded  head coach and new weapons.  I’m not surprised that as the year has gone on, teams are keying in on their offense.  Let them run, maybe you give up a big play, but that team struggles to OWN the time of possession and paper cut teams to victory.

I predicted 10-7 for Miami at the beginning of the year, looking like I was right on the money

They are not winning both of their next two games.  [checks schedule] well, maybe they are. 

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

they might lose out still. Jets are solid if they get White back for that game. Pats have a good D still as well. All 3 teams have reason to play hard as any of them could end up in Miamis current playoff spot. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

We should be careful.  The Fish ii feel are a loaded roster and well coached.  I’m watching Baker Mayfield beat up on the Broncos on another well coached team.  

Tua could easily be replaced and Miami is instantly a very good team.

So your theory is get a good QB and you have a good team? Yea, no kidding. The problem is you don't just get a good QB. Don't you think other teams would do that too? We went 20+ years between good QB's

32 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

In what world is Tua better than Allen and Herbert? 😂

I mean come on… the guy hasn’t done anything in this league yet. He had a chance to make the playoffs a few years back and choked… he has another chance and so far has choked. 

People were looking solely at stats.  He will still have a very similar rating and qbr to Allen after this game.

I personally don't think he's crap.  He's middle of the road, he just happens to have a great supporting cast on offense.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I wanted them to bench allen after the Jets game, but not because I thought he deserved to be benched for his play, but because I felt the rest of the offense needed to figure crap out and Allen was going to go into hero mode if they didn't and get himself long term hurt.

I wasn't turning on anyone, I had confidence they'd figure it out, just please stop putting the key piece of the next 10 years (hopefully) in positions where he is taking on waaaay too much responsibility.

Josh and possibly Dorsey needs to stop putting pressure on Josh to do it all too. Too many plays yesterday were unnecessary, especially from a pass play point if view.

But will we need them in the future? Definitely. Time and a place, though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, all the Tua is better than Allen talk is now the same people declaring Tua a fraud, choke artist, etc and demanding they move on.

I mean all the talk was how the Dolphins had a moral victory playing Bills close this past week in the cold…now it’s time to draft a QB all of a sudden.  Love it, nice Xmas present to see fins fans and the team melting down 😂

Some fun Xmas reading here ladies and gents…Merry Xmas

https://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/

Sorry but the statement should be Tua vs Josh or Tagovailoa vs Allen.

Don't give this guy top billing by only using his first name. 

He hasn't earned the right to be special. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I think you are dead-on with this take.  The combination of the new offensive scheme and talent plus playing a string of crappy teams made them look significantly better than they actually were on both sides of the ball.  Now that opponents have film on Miami, they don't look nearly as good as they did.  That includes the coaching.   They seem to have at least a better than average running game that they tend to completely abandon too quickly when defenses stiffen up.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

I think you are dead-on with this take.  The combination of the new offensive scheme and talent plus playing a string of crappy teams made them look significantly better than they actually were on both sides of the ball.  Now that opponents have film on Miami, they don't look nearly as good as they did.  That includes the coaching.   They seem to have at least a better than average running game that they tend to abandon too quickly when defenses stiffen up.

The dufus head coach will be looking for work inside two years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.