Merry Xmas: Dolphin fans melting down in their forums and turning on Tua

Alphadawg7

30 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Hey. Argentina are world champions!

Yes they atre good bless them. I meant the country as a power. There was the silver rush in the 40’s that drove lots of Europeans over there. 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

We should be careful.  The Fish ii feel are a loaded roster and well coached.  I’m watching Baker Mayfield beat up on the Broncos on another well coached team.  

Tua could easily be replaced and Miami is instantly a very good team.

Yes but replaced with who? What QB? Lamar? He’s not a threat at all to the Bills. JimmyG? Even less so. Baker? Cmon man!

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

So we're now 4 games ahead over the course of 15 games and the Fins have a negative point differential for the season.  Is the division still a toss up for years to come?  

It was all a mirage based on scheduling…the nfl knew what they were doin with those afc east schedules.  Give the bills all away division games before any home ones then Miami a cupcake schedule midseason 

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

So we're now 4 games ahead over the course of 15 games and the Fins have a negative point differential for the season.  Is the division still a toss up for years to come?  

Yes, because something about salary cap, draft picks, Josh Allen, McBeane sucks… 

Just ask @FilthyBeastand he’ll explain it. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

Thing with Miami, they also had the leverage of a brand new offensively minded  head coach and new weapons.  I’m not surprised that as the year has gone on, teams are keying in on their offense.  Let them run, maybe you give up a big play, but that team struggles to OWN the time of possession and paper cut teams to victory.

I predicted 10-7 for Miami at the beginning of the year, looking like I was right on the money

I agree.

They definitely had some new coach sheen. And credit to him, McDaniel saw what he could get out of Tua and picked up two great offensive weapons to make him lethal.

But they've come to rely on it so much that when the Bills were sticking with a Cover 2 shell and Mostert was pounding the ball on us that McDaniel can't help but get cute.

Add in December weather and a formula on how to win appears

58 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I just saw on Twitter someone showing a hit he took in the first half where his head banged off the turf. So the claim is a concussion. Actually looking at the replay in slow mo it wouldn't surprise me

It's an interesting thought. Concussions do build up over time (see Ray, Rob and LaFontaine, Pat)

I am not rooting for Tua to have life altering medical trauma. But if he really got brained it is yet another indictment on the Dolphins staff. 

I mean I get the melting down - the play over the last month has been dismal to say the least and just the exact opposite of the first part of the year against bad teams.

But they honestly are not eliminated and still have a punchers chance to get the 7 seed- multiple teams are fighting for that last spot and their schedule might be the most favorable for them to squeak in

That forum is internet gold.   There are a lot of fans and many are just emotionally immature.  The range of emotions is the most I have ever seen and that is saying something  having been on the BBMB!   Going into the San Fran game they were laughing at people picking the niners talking about they don’t know the dolphins offsence or Tua .   

If someone can find the post game thread from week three that would be fun to re read now.   

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

It just goes to show a team can't live off the big play. If they wanna be successful long term, they have to be able to throw to other receivers other than Waddle and hill

I saw Miami fans on Twitter saying (with apparently straight faces) "You have Diggs to throw to, and yet you choose to throw to McKenzie?"  Well...

1- McKenzie torching them for 3 TDs to knock them from playoff contention isn't ancient history.

2- As long as they continue to think Diggs is our only threat and double him leaving others open, yeah we're going to throw to those others like McKenzie.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dolphins' fans are convinced they are going to win out and beat the Bills in the 1st round of the playoffs.

That means they think they'll win out the Bills will lose to Cincinnati and then they will come here and beat the Bills.  They seem to think the Bills are scared of them.

I guess they weren't paying attention when we went through the exact same situation with the Pats and their cocky fans last year.

• Agree 1

Pure gold from our Fins friends:

”A lot of us knew deep down that Tiny Tua wasn't the answer and that we were barking up the wrong tree with this nerd at HC. We all wanted to believe, but we all kinda knew. Few of us said it out loud to this point because it is so hard knowing you're starting fresh with a new coach and yet still going in the wrong direction.

Now we are faced with the same familiar harsh reality us Phins fans are used to this time of year. Even a Christmas Story doesn't get as played this time of year as Dolphins fans do. We are stuck with Tiny Tua and this nerd who should still be a jock sniffing ball boy somewhere.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Fans are just all over the place.

Yes to some degree you’re right Dolphins fans.

Your franchise messed up when they took Tua over Herbert. That was apparent in Herbert’s first start, when he immediately threw for 300-yards.

But … all this he’s a poor man Kirk Cousins, he’s a backup, he can’t win. That’s premature and shot gunny. 

Start cutting this guy and trading for that guy and go out and get this person, just erratic. Tank now to get this guy.

You haven’t paid Tua, so see if the team can be built up, and if not, draft another QB. 

The whole mid-tier of the Playoff teams have similar guys:

Kirk

Dak

Tannehill/Titans

Daniel Jones

Lamar Jackson

All guys with questions on how far they can take you in the Playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Pure gold from our Fins friends:

”A lot of us knew deep down that Tiny Tua wasn't the answer and that we were barking up the wrong tree with this nerd at HC. We all wanted to believe, but we all kinda knew. Few of us said it out loud to this point because it is so hard knowing you're starting fresh with a new coach and yet still going in the wrong direction.

Now we are faced with the same familiar harsh reality us Phins fans are used to this time of year. Even a Christmas Story doesn't get as played this time of year as Dolphins fans do. We are stuck with Tiny Tua and this nerd who should still be a jock sniffing ball boy somewhere.”

Quite poetic…..and true.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the fins losing streak shows that you have to be able to win in more than just one way in the NFL. Defensive coordinators will figure you out. This applies to quarterbacks as well as team offensive strategy. Every week is a test and if the QB and offense fail and lose, the next team will copy the approach. So you are forced to play a different way to win. This is what the Bills have been going through with their gauntlet of a schedule and they have mostly passed the tests. Miami is proving to be a one trick pony of sorts with Tua, Hill and Waddle. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.