Merry Xmas: Dolphin fans melting down in their forums and turning on Tua

Alphadawg7

45 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hilarious, although I do like that guy.  I’ve seen some of his videos in years past, but man…I remember those times for us.  Soul crushing.

Oh I respect him for his fandom and yes as a fan we've all been there. It's just funny seeing it from the other side.

• Like (+1) 2

It is absolutely amazing how fast they went from “Tua is him” to “Tua sucks.”  I was very down on Tua when the year started but I think he was definitely better than a lot of Bills thought but also never as good as some Miami thought.  

He’s likely in the Jimmy Garapalo range.  If he’s in the right system, with elite talent around him, and a good play caller, he can have success.   But he doesn’t appear to be the QB that can completely step up and win games.  

I’ve seen Mike McDaniel take a lot of crap as well - and I think it’s unfair.  IMO the strides Tua has made can be largely attributed to his scheme.  

With that being said, there’s a good chance Miami plays Buffalo in round 1 of the playoffs and the game won’t be easy.  

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Dolphins took away Tua's ability to run because they are worried about concussions so now he is attempting to extend drives with his arm. It's not working well....

I don’t think this is true, he never really ran much and his number of attempts are relatively close to his first two seasons.   

I’m sure this was a consideration right after he came back from the concussion but he wasn’t the type that you called designed runs for in the first place 

16 hours ago, JY422 said:

Sad but true. Many “fans” would turn. Not just on Allen but on McBean as well. 

I disagree with this… yes, there would be some Allen doubters.  But I find when Allen is in a position to be blamed, fans find some excuse to let him off the hook.

McDermott and/or Dorsey would 100% get blame for a 4 game skid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Dolphins took away Tua's ability to run because they are worried about concussions so now he is attempting to extend drives with his arm. It's not working well....

His hip injury took away what ability to run he had, I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

It just goes to show a team can't live off the big play. If they wanna be successful long term, they have to be able to throw to other receivers other than Waddle and hill

I think they'd be fine throwing to those 2 most of the game, it's those 3 4th qtr interceptions that will get you everytime.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

His head slammed on the ground when he got hit after a pass

I don’t see it.  Wasn’t very hard of a hit, and he exhibited no signs of a concussion.  

This is just an excuse to try and mask over Tua again not playing well.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Fans are just all over the place.

Yes to some degree you’re right Dolphins fans.

Your franchise messed up when they took Tua over Herbert. That was apparent in Herbert’s first start, when he immediately threw for 300-yards.

But … all this he’s a poor man Kirk Cousins, he’s a backup, he can’t win. That’s premature and shot gunny. 

Start cutting this guy and trading for that guy and go out and get this person, just erratic. Tank now to get this guy.

You haven’t paid Tua, so see if the team can be built up, and if not, draft another QB. 

The whole mid-tier of the Playoff teams have similar guys:

Kirk

Dak

Tannehill/Titans

Daniel Jones

Lamar Jackson

All guys with questions on how far they can take you in the Playoffs. 

But they have no assets left to build around Tua. 

35M over cap with 37 on contract next year. 
3 picks in the draft all later. 

they made an organizational mistake when all in with a rookie coach. Already regretting the Chubb trade. 

so when more assets come to build Tyreek will be what 31. 

they saw their window pushed their chips in and came up short. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

they made an organizational mistake when all in with a rookie coach. Already regretting the Chubb trade. 

You love to see it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I do think it was the right time to go all in though. If it failed and Tua isn't the guy you are going to need to go full rebuild in any event. 

I think you are right about the coach though. McDaniel is a talented Xs and Os guy. But an experienced Head Coach to manage the team is lacking.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think it was the right time to go all in though. If it failed and Tua isn't the guy you are going to need to go full rebuild in any event. 

I think you are right about the coach though. McDaniel is a talented Xs and Os guy. But an experienced Head Coach to manage the team is lacking.

What is telling to me about McD his is former mentor (Shanahan) Said when everything is going good with him it is. When it isn’t that is when you look out (or something along those lines). 

once again Ross screwed the pooch. This organization with Ross has NEVER hired a Former HC or even coordinators. Instead always opts for some obscure assistant to become their new HC. 

I cannot wait until Ross blows it all up again Likely as early as this offseason as everyone knows he will be all over the Peyton and Brady names yet again. 

One of the announcers for the game pointed out that Tua is having difficulty on intermediate routes because he can’t see that part of the field due to his height.  He hits deep balls consistently because he can see it.  When you look at where the interceptions are happening it kind of makes sense.

6 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

One of the announcers for the game pointed out that Tua is having difficulty on intermediate routes because he can’t see that part of the field due to his height.  He hits deep balls consistently because he can see it.  When you look at where the interceptions are happening it kind of makes sense.

It was Johnston and he is wrong Tua sees the field fine. He just never can adjust when you take his first read away. Tua had no problem finding Waddle in those intermediate routes all day. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I disagree with this… yes, there would be some Allen doubters.  But I find when Allen is in a position to be blamed, fans find some excuse to let him off the hook.

McDermott and/or Dorsey would 100% get blame for a 4 game skid.

Eh, there are some people on this very forum that claim Allen is reverting to rookie year. Feel like a 4 game loss streak would make them feel validated and more outspoken on trashing Allen.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.