12/24/22 Week 16 Christmas Eve GAMEDAY Bills @ Bears Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

~Awakened by the clock striking 1, the dark room comes suddenly ablaze in powerful light~

‘..Are -Are you the Spirit which has been foretold? The Spirit of Bills games Past, Present and those yet to come??’

*Unspeaking, the ghostly, hooded spectre points a boney finger to a window where we’re suddenly soaring above the rooftops of downtown Buffalo, across rural lands, under a lofting Blimp to come upon Highmark Stadium, well lit against the dark. We are standing at club level, unseen by all. On the field of competition, the Bills are performing brilliantly as important team members Reggie Gilliam, Jake Kumerow, Von Miller & Micah Hyde thrill the throng with dazzling exploits. The once proud opposition from Tennessee is powerless to stop the avalanche of on field production and has the once raucous crowd heading for the turnstiles with yet a 4th of the game to play, visions of bedtime an hour away. -We’re soaring through time and space again*

‘Spirit! I know this place! It’s the medical facility at One Bills Drive!’

*We alit in the rehabilitation ward, transfixed by the many athletes receiving critical attention. The previously mentioned performers are being pushed heavily to strengthen their wounded anatomy and are joined among others by 2 battered teammates recovering from serious elbow injuries among other wounds, including internal.* 

‘Why are we flying today? The game isn’t til Saturday..’ asks #21. ‘Bomb Cyclone Elliot, O’hare will be shut down’ #17 replies.

*We’re soaring again, over the wintery mid west, under another floating Blimp with an evening touch down into a makeshift graveyard featuring snow covered tombstones, at the newly renamed Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati* 

‘Oh Spirit! I fear this visit MOST OF ALL!!’                                  -Charles Dickens (sort of)

WHOOP ‘Da Bears!’ Fields feet are fleet but they have no WRs and their Defense is a sieve. If we stop the run other than the QB, weather won’t be a game factor.

Merry Christmas, Everyone! 🎄 And to All, a good night!

Go Bills!

Have a Happy Hat & T-shirt Xmas Eve!

Enjoy!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 9

Happy Game Day TBD, and Merry Christmas! . . . Get that last minute Christmas shopping done this morning and then settle in for a cozy warm day watching the Bills clinch the AFC East. Here's to not letting the Bears play Scrooge on us, and to Josh Allen being Tiny-Tim-like in spreading joy and happiness to Bills fans everywhere. . . . To all, I hope you have a special weekend celebrating Christmas and a Bills win with family and friends!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LondonBill said:

I've got a bad feeling about this one. Think it's cos Morse is out. But this is the first bad feeling i've had before a game all season. 

Happy Christmas1

I do too. I can’t shake the environment we will be playing in. Potential for fumbles which haven’t gone our way. Fortunately I’m wrong almost always. Merry Christmas all

Just now, Dave_Bills said:

I do too. I can’t shake the environment we will be playing in. Potential for fumbles which haven’t gone our way. Fortunately I’m wrong almost always. Merry Christmas all

PTSD from being a Bills fan for years.  We all have it, especially us old guys.  But it will be fine today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Dave_Bills said:

The bears are REALLY bad. Regardless of weather, if we lose this game I'll be really concerned how far this team can go in the playoffs 

13 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

I've got a bad feeling about this one. Think it's cos Morse is out. But this is the first bad feeling i've had before a game all season. 

Happy Christmas1

Every game 10 different people say that it's the first time they don't feel good about a game lol

Sorta lessens the impact of reading it

The Bears being rostered today are probably the worst team the Bills have seen since Houston last year

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Every game 10 different people say that it's the first time they don't feel good about a game lol

Sorta lessens the impact of reading it

The Bears being rostered today are probably the worst team the Bills have seen since Houston last year

here's hoping for the same score!

• Thank you (+1) 1