Dawson Knox: Refs made up 15 yard snowball penalty ❄️

Buffalo Dude

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Not condoning the throwing of snowballs, but wondering:

Was this in retaliation of the strategically designed Dolphin stadium that puts opposing players in the sun while the home team is in the shade?

or was this just Bills fans being silly?

Fans were drunker than usual because it was a Saturday night game. It was more of a 10-Cent Beer Night in Cleveland situation than some sort of "strategic revenge". You give Buffalo fans too much credit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, QCity said:

Don't throw anything on the field.

I guess your against di***s too. So no ice di***s? [in Ali G voice] "I once saw this really fit bird with an ice di** and it was really sumfing, man. Until it, like, melted."

Sacha Baron Cohen Trump GIF by Stan.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Besides the ignorance of this post, the issue is people on the sidelines and elsewhere trying to do their jobs and getting hit in the head or face with a wet snowball is ridiculous.  The “snow”balls landing on the field weren’t soft, fluffy snow; they were dense enough to survive the impact of landing and there were many snowballs still intact on the ground. People with the “me first and only” attitudes just can’t fathom thinking of others, much less other’s rights to not be assaulted with projectiles. 

soft

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

So if you go to a restaurant and there’s a knife on the table, is it ok to throw it at the person at the next table?  

comparing the two is silly

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

throwing snowballs at one another in the stands is cool. throwing snowballs that can potentially be ice balls at the oppositions bench, not cool.

I know I'll catch a lot of slack but it really is not a good look, at all.

I agree it's not a good look and really wasn't a big fan at all during the game - but do people not remember bottles and batteries being thrown back in the day.

It's just a snow ball - that's all- a coach from Miami who wished it was colder and said it's all a mental thing kinda triggered the events that occurred in the stadium and then whines to the refs - mom they are snow balls and some have ice- again a bad look but don't downplay and act all like nothing bothers you and then cry the minute you don't like what it actually means to e I. This area.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

soft

Exactly. Obviously everyone knows this can’t be a recurring thing but on a cold night where an enormous amount of snow is left on everyone’s seats on a drunken Saturday night when 95% of the snowballs we’re just snow that was grabbed from the ground and thrown in the air, I would say: lighten up, Francis

btw, watch the morris td the bills linemen throw snowballs into the crowd. I think it was spencer brown. Maybe we should sue the bills for assault with deadly water particles

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am not against throwing (not iceballs of course) snowballs, whatsoever. just no need to throw them at the oppositions bench. I'm sure your kids and even parents have done it every winter, I know I did and it was fun. if someone had thrown one in your parents or even kids face, yeah, not cool. 

Where do you suggest they throw the snowballs?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Dude said:

From anyone who was at the game, was the problem that snowballs were being thrown onto the field in general, or at the Dolphins bench?

Yes.

(Snowballs were being thrown on the field in general, and Mike McDaniel got pissed off that Dolphins players were being hit with snowballs on the sideline, and asked the refs to penalize Buffalo if it kept happening)

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/mike-mcdaniel-dolphins-snowballs-reaction/

While Dolphins fans were happy to see their coach take a stand, Bills Mafia couldn’t believe it. Brooke Kromer, whose father is Aaron Kromer, Buffalo’s offensive line coach went off on McDaniel. Kromer referred to the insane heat the Bills played in (while the Dolphins’ bench remained in shade) against Miami back in Week 3 and tweeted, “We died of heat stroke & I didn’t hear Sean McDermott complaining during the game… now Mike McDaniel wants a 15 yard penalty for snowballs??? GIVE ME A BREAK LOSER!!!”

ESPN‘s Marcel Louise-Jacques reported that the ref’s warning didn’t work anyway. He tweeted, “Not sure if that snowball penalty applies at halftime but Dolphins players were certainly pelted with them on their way to the locker room.”

TBN did a good piece on the snowball thing, confirming that there's no provision for such a penalty on a team for fan conduct in the NFL rule book.  The officials can stop play until safe conditions are restored, that's it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I agree it's not a good look and really wasn't a big fan at all during the game - but do people not remember bottles and batteries being thrown back in the day.

It's just a snow ball - that's all- a coach from Miami who wished it was colder and said it's all a mental thing kinda triggered the events that occurred in the stadium and then whines to the refs - mom they are snow balls and some have ice- again a bad look but don't downplay and act all like nothing bothers you and then cry the minute you don't like what it actually means to e I. This area.

It really comes down to you really shouldn't throw anything, man. I mean I see this back and forth through this whole thread that people think that it's cool and it's not a big deal and everything like that. But I stand on the fact that you look like an idiot throwing snowballs at the oppositions bench. I realize it wouldn't hurt them physically but like it was mentioned in another post you know they're trying to do their job down there and that's distracting and it isn't cool. Period.

Everyone could see the dork complaining to the refs even though he lied and said he wasn't complaining about the snowballs. at the end of the day he did have a legitimate complaint. If you're standing there trying to do your job and getting bombarded by snowballs, it would seem that it would be quite distracting.

And if they were throwing bottles and batteries back in the day as you said, what a bunch of idiots to do something like that.

What's wrong with just watching the game and not throwing anything at all?

7 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It really comes down to you really shouldn't throw anything, man. I mean I see this back and forth through this whole thread that people think that it's cool and it's not a big deal and everything like that. But I stand on the fact that you look like an idiot throwing snowballs at the oppositions bench. I realize it wouldn't hurt them physically but like it was mentioned in another post you know they're trying to do their job down there and that's distracting and it isn't cool. Period.

Everyone could see the dork complaining to the refs even though he lied and said he wasn't complaining about the snowballs. at the end of the day he did have a legitimate complaint. If you're standing there trying to do your job and getting bombarded by snowballs, it would seem that it would be quite distracting.

And if they were throwing bottles and batteries back in the day as you said, what a bunch of idiots to do something like that.

Nothing is wrong with just watching, and I agree with you.  But there is a point that if you're standing there trying to do your job and baking your brains in the hot Florida sun even during your time on the sideline, it would seem that it would be quite distracting as well.  So since the Dolphins think that's just a fair home field advantage, I don't have a problem with the fans cleaning their own seats off by compacting the snow and placing it on the sidelines.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

It's was just snow balls... you are naive if you didn't think people were throwing ice balls also.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nothing is wrong with just watching, and I agree with you.  But there is a point that if you're standing there trying to do your job and baking your brains in the hot Florida sun even during your time on the sideline, it would seem that it would be quite distracting as well.  So since the Dolphins think that's just a fair home field advantage, I don't have a problem with the fans cleaning their own seats off by compacting the snow and placing it on the sidelines.

That's kind of out there in left field if you ask me, man. 

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Again - I said I didn't like the look or the action and I agree with you but it's also not the worse thing in the world. When I get frustrated with people's actions I often have to remember we're all different and if I am looking for  everyone to live a certain way or in a way I find acceptable I'm going to be disappointed alot.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just watching the game and not throwing anything at all, quite honestly it's my preference but if we all did the same thing you would of never eaten a square hamburger either.

My take has always been the majority of people are gonna be straight ass clowns I just do my best not to get caught up in it.

Enjoy the Holidays and Go Bills

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's was just snow balls... you are naive if you didn't think people were throwing ice balls also.

Ok thanks for the insight - I never could of imagined that- I honestly feel.like you have opened up my entire life to new possible 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Again - I said I didn't like the look or the action and I agree with you but it's also not the worse thing in the world. When I get frustrated with people's actions I often have to remember we're all different and if I am looking for  everyone to live a certain way or in a way I find acceptable I'm going to be disappointed alot.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just watching the game and not throwing anything at all, quite honestly it's my preference but if we all did the same thing you would of never eaten a square hamburger either.

My take has always been the majority of people are gonna be straight ass clowns I just do my best not to get caught up in it.

Enjoy the Holidays and Go Bills

Happy holidays to you as well and GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They were definitely not just snowballs. A snowball would explode into really small pieces when landing on the turf. However, there were chunks of snow/ice in the endzone. That was most likely from leaving the snow on the seats which experienced a thaw/freeze event. That stuff can be nasty. I still have the scar to prove it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

No upside to this. Last thing we need is snowballs in the playoffs. I hope fans don’t try to call the bluff.

I hope any fan who does throw a snowball on the field gets carted off to the slammer. Just enough to get people’s attention. I hope they gear up with more security and make a high profile effort to remove those people pronto. That is no longer fun and games, it’s over the line. Others will see and learn. 

throwing snowballs at one another in the stands is cool. throwing snowballs that can potentially be ice balls at the oppositions bench, not cool.

Taker and thurm had zero issues with it and they are upper echelon members of the nfl club

tasker talked about Ditka being pelted in the face by snowballs and that is part of the home field advantage 

That was from the horses mouth that is paid by the Bills

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

They were definitely not just snowballs. A snowball would explode into really small pieces when landing on the turf. However, there were chunks of snow/ice in the endzone. That was most likely from leaving the snow on the seats which experienced a thaw/freeze event. That stuff can be nasty. I still have the scar to prove it. 

There is a reason eskimos have so many words for snow. It comes in many different flavors. The snow that won’t pack is harmless. Then there is the other end of the spectrum, and that stuff can do serious damage!  

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

You tell me. Do you think they should throw them at the opposition's bench while the coaches are trying to do their job and coach a game?

No. You said you were not against throwing snowballs. We can agree, they should not throw snowballs at the players. Hard for anyone with half a brain to rationalize that. But, I and many others also do not want to get hit by snowballs while trying to watch a football game. I think they should not be throwing snowballs at all. The police should have thrown people out. I realize they cannot catch them all but throw a few out, the BS would stop. 

So again, the question is, Where do you think they should throw the snowballs since you seem to think it is ok to throw snowballs if not at the opposing team bench?

I really feel like anyone who says “it’s just snowballs” must have grown up in Arizona and only seen snowball fights on hallmark Christmas movies. 

Those of us who grew up in WNY and had any practice know that a snowball can be a truly effective little icy weapon. 

Either way, terrible look by the fans who did it. 

Edit: and also, saying there is no rule for a penalty made me think: are you implying that if fans started throwing other objects, like cans of beer, their wives, etc that it’s just free game since there isn’t a rule in the rule book that says you can’t? 

Edited by stevestojan

5 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

No. You said you were not against throwing snowballs. We can agree, they should not throw snowballs at the players. Hard for anyone with half a brain to rationalize that. But, I and many others also do not want to get hit by snowballs while trying to watch a football game. I think they should not be throwing snowballs at all. The police should have thrown people out. I realize they cannot catch them all but throw a few out, the BS would stop. 

So again, the question is, Where do you think they should throw the snowballs since you seem to think it is ok to throw snowballs if not at the opposing team bench?

I believe I mentioned that in my first post. 

DaBillsFanSince1973 Posted 2 hours ago

of course you wont agree but that was my first take.

may I ask, have you not had snowball fights? did you never throw snowballs? I realize the risk if ice, but a snowball is not going to hurt you unless it's ice and to the eyeballs.

but, even though likely no physical harm, I still don't like the idea of throwing them at the oppositions bench for reasons I previously mentioned.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

51 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Exactly. Obviously everyone knows this can’t be a recurring thing but on a cold night where an enormous amount of snow is left on everyone’s seats on a drunken Saturday night when 95% of the snowballs we’re just snow that was grabbed from the ground and thrown in the air, I would say: lighten up, Francis

btw, watch the morris td the bills linemen throw snowballs into the crowd. I think it was spencer brown. Maybe we should sue the bills for assault with deadly water particles

This isn’t about throwing snow into the air like confetti. That was cool and looked amazing. The fact you are conflating throwing snow in the air and throwing snowballs at Sal on the sidelines or the camera guy on the cart shows you know you’re wrong. 

16 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

This isn’t about throwing snow into the air like confetti. That was cool and looked amazing. The fact you are conflating throwing snow in the air and throwing snowballs at Sal on the sidelines or the camera guy on the cart shows you know you’re wrong. 

Or I just find it FAR less serious than you do.  

Have a good day man and watch out for those snowballs 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I really feel like anyone who says “it’s just snowballs” must have grown up in Arizona and only seen snowball fights on hallmark Christmas movies. 

Those of us who grew up in WNY and had any practice know that a snowball can be a truly effective little icy weapon. 

Either way, terrible look by the fans who did it. 

Edit: and also, saying there is no rule for a penalty made me think: are you implying that if fans started throwing other objects, like cans of beer, their wives, etc that it’s just free game since there isn’t a rule in the rule book that says you can’t? 

The people who say it’s a terrible look… What do they say to Bill’s employee Steve Tasker Who said there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and part of the home-field advantage

Paid employee Steve Tasker who cannot skirt the edges

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

There has never been a football game where there were both snow and fans in the stands where snowballs weren’t thrown. Never.

It’s comical to listen to some  moan about “the look” or like there are some rules in play when it comes to where and when you can throw a snowball

BTW, they weren’t live grenades, they weren’t iceballs, it was freshly fallen snow. No one was injured and there wasn’t any high risk of injury.

I’ve got an idea, if the NFL doesn’t want fans to throw snowballs maybe they should chip in cash to help remove snow from the stands? 

Much to do about nothing 

The only ones still talking about this are Bills fans. Literally no one cares or thinks Oh my God those degenerate Bills fans were *gasp* THROWING SNOWBALLS!

• Like (+1) 2

in lieu of any penalty being called for snowballs throwing down onto the field is that the game officials halt the game, haul away and arrest a few culprits which you know they can identify somehow... resume play with stern admonishment of Ban and Arrest do NOT throw snowballs period punto. Strict security in the stands enforcement

I loved the  snow confetti joy filled celebration in the stand visual @WotAGuy I loved it. I don't get to see much snow in person anymore. It's as close to snow as I get 🙂....The intent was clearly celebration and not harm anybody

The converse is someone pitching out a snowball no intent to harm but guess what  it could land and  hit somebody in the head.

Or the people who legit were aiming for dolphin players  that's a whole different kettle of fish...lol Fish get it? lol sorry

Seriously though I I imagine if the NFL does decide to implement a rule regarding snowballs it may be used against us unfairly. They have to consider that in how they craft the rule

Im all for public safety.

“Found in Rule 4, it stated that if the home crowd made it difficult for the visiting team to call a play, the referee would stop the clock and…If the home team was out of timeouts, penalize the home team for delay of game”

<<Rule 1989 - 2007>>

I assume they’re going to try something like this for “projectiles”.

Most of us can acknowledge that things tossed at WR during mid catch is not really a great thing. Funny during Bills TD celebrations. 

Edited by Since1981

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

As soon as they announced that, Miami fans started chucking snowballs. How do you call a penalty on Buffalo when the opposing fans are chucking snowballs? Joke

I’d guess the future action (penalty) will be just what they did for this game - stop play for a bit and make announcements. Making people stand around waiting for the game to resume will be enough to deter the worst of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’d guess the future action (penalty) will be just what they did for this game - stop play for a bit and make announcements. Making people stand around waiting for the game to resume will be enough to deter the worst of it. 

There isn’t going to be a penalty

Snowballs have been thrown at bills games for 50 years… Especially when they don’t remove the snow

They don’t want snowballs remove snow from the seats

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.