Dak is ass ass

Dablitzkrieg

Dak gets too much hype and too much blame. He's a franchise QB and a solid top 10 player at the top of that 3rd tier down of QBs. He has the potential to throw the team on his back in any given game, but he doesn't do it with enough consistency to will them to a championship.

Shady as an analyst is a pure clown though.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Dak is an above average QB. But he is treated by many like he is way better than he actually is. He reminds me of Carr for the Raiders (who is also overrated). Both of them are high energy, try-hard QB's. They have good games. They have bad games. They just don't have quite enough to be the QB that their team needs them to be when the going gets tough. They cannot put the team on their backs.

Heck, I'd put Kirk Cousins slightly above both of them, but he is kind of in the same category.

How many years in the league without a playoff win. Dak's success level is well below average. 

So is Dak choking yet again at the  end of the regular season? Asking for a friend…, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Dak is an above average QB. But he is treated by many like he is way better than he actually is. He reminds me of Carr for the Raiders (who is also overrated). Both of them are high energy, try-hard QB's. They have good games. They have bad games. They just don't have quite enough to be the QB that their team needs them to be when the going gets tough. They cannot put the team on their backs.

Good call. They are also both chokers.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The Cowboys are going to be one and done again this year and everyone is going to be like how the hell did we get tricked into taking them seriously again.

I think they’ll win their first playoff game, but I don’t see them going any further than that. Dak is overrated, but definitely a top 10 regular season QB. Can’t really blame him for that interception against the Jags 🤷‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Dak has never been great. I never understood the hype, besides the simple fact that he's on the Cowboys. He was my 3rd favorite QB in that draft class, but I don't think he's improved much since then. He's stayed pretty close to his floor.

He has ended up the best QB from his class. I don't think stayed close to his floor is fair. Unless "leading the league in passing" is his floor? I think his ceiling is lower than a lot of other top guys. But Dak is a really good Quarterback. 

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think they’ll win their first playoff game, but I don’t see them going any further than that. Dak is overrated, but definitely a top 10 regular season QB. Can’t really blame him for that interception against the Jags 🤷‍♂️ 

How is he overrated? I don't know anybody who thinks he is more than a bottom end of the top 10 type QB. 

I think people might be getting overrated confused with getting too much attention. Nobody overrates Dak but he does get way too much air time for his actual talent and impact. But that isn't a Dak thing. It's a Dallas thing. Romo was the same. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He has ended up the best QB from his class. I don't think stayed close to his floor is fair. Unless "leading the league in passing" is his floor? I think his ceiling is lower than a lot of other top guys. But Dak is a really good Quarterback. 

How is he overrated? I don't know anybody who thinks he is more than a bottom end of the top 10 type QB. 

I think people might be getting overrated confused with getting too much attention. Nobody overrates Dak but he does get way too much air time for his actual talent and impact. But that isn't a Dak thing. It's a Dallas thing. Romo was the same. 

Def overrated by all my Cowboy fan friends and some of the media for sure. Funny bc him and Romo both are stat monsters that haven’t really won a thing. 

Dak has performed, to more than just my eye, a LOT like a Kirk Cousins level QB: productive, sometimes highly productive, but also inconsistent when it gets down to it. And honestly, it seems to me like his arm is a bit lacking if he doesn't have his base perfectly set. Doesn't look like he can drive the ball off-platform like other upper tier talents.

54 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Def overrated by all my Cowboy fan friends and some of the media for sure. Funny bc him and Romo both are stat monsters that haven’t really won a thing. 

So you know people who think he is what, a top 5 QB? What is the rating they are giving him that you object to? 

He is talked about a lot. That is because he QBs the Cowboys. That is different to overrated.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. I mean yeah he's done a great job. He's had arguably the most success, although Goff and Wentz did things too. But I contend that he does everything well that he was known for doing well at Mississippi. Athletic, good runner, strong arm, throws an accurate ball, willing to extend the play and throws well on the run.

It's been enough to put up great stats on a super talented team. But what do the Cowboys do year-in and year-out? Underachieve.

He's still got poor pocket awareness, still a bit slow to process, but the biggest issue is he's not a great leader. Hard Knocks showed us a bit of that. 

He is what he's always been. Hasn't moved the needle much from that baseline.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nah. I mean yeah he's done a great job. He's had arguably the most success, although Goff and Wentz did things too. But I contend that he does everything well that he was known for doing well at Mississippi. Athletic, good runner, strong arm, throws an accurate ball, willing to extend the play and throws well on the run.

It's been enough to put up great stats on a super talented team. But what do the Cowboys do year-in and year-out? Underachieve.

He's still got poor pocket awareness, still a bit slow to process, but the biggest issue is he's not a great leader. Hard Knocks showed us a bit of that

He is what he's always been. Hasn't moved the needle much from that baseline.

I disagree totally on the bolded. Have the Cowboys underachieved a bit? Yea, that is fair (not sure they should have been winning Superbowls or anything but they should probably have more than 1 playoff win). But they have also gone to the playoffs 4 times in the 6 years that Dak has been healthy. They'd been just twice in 8 years before he arrived. They have done a lot more winning with Dak than they did before him. And Romo had talented teams too. I think the Cowboys underachievement has deeper roots than the Quarterback.  

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree totally on the bolded. Have the Cowboys underachieved a bit? Yea, that is fair (not sure they should have been winning Superbowls or anything but they should probably have more than 1 playoff win). But they have also gone to the playoffs 4 times in the 6 years that Dak has been healthy. They'd been just twice in 8 years before he arrived. They have done a lot more winning with Dak than they did before him. And Romo had talented teams too. I think the Cowboys underachievement has deeper roots than the Quarterback.  

Meh. When Romo became the starter in 2006, they made it 3 times in 6 years. So what. They had the 2nd ranked offense with Romo and Marion Barber. Big whoop. They had 13, 12, 11 win seasons with Romo as the starter. Whatever.

They really haven't done "a lot more winning." Not much more success when all is said and done.

Is Dak better then Romo? Sure!

I don't see how any of this proves he's a good leader.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Meh. When Romo became the starter in 2006, they made it 3 times in 6 years. So what. They had the 2nd ranked offense with Romo and Marion Barber. Big whoop. They had 13, 12, 11 win seasons with Romo as the starter. Whatever.

They really haven't done "a lot more winning." Not much more success when all is said and done.

Is Dak better then Romo? Sure!

I don't see how any of this proves he's a good leader.

They need to win more in the post-season. Sure. But Dak is 59-35. As for leadership I watched the same Hard Knocks as you. Clearly we interpreted what we saw very differently and/or have different views on what leadership means. 

Dak practically defines QB purgatory.  The only NFL team you could place him on right now and think there is a chance to win a championship is the 49ers.  And that is because the 49ers seem to have a chance with any QB, including Brock Purdy.  

Said another way, there is no team in the NFL "a Dak Prescott" away from winning the championship. 

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Dak practically defines QB purgatory.  The only NFL team you could place him on right now and think there is a chance to win a championship is the 49ers.  And that is because the 49ers seem to have a chance with any QB, including Brock Purdy.  

Said another way, there is no team in the NFL "a Dak Prescott" away from winning the championship. 

Only thing is the 49ers saw first hand in last year's playoffs that Dak is trash when it counts the most. Purdy at least isn't a proven loser.

Edited by Rico

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.