Watch: Jim Rome roasts Pats, Myers, Belichick

PromoTheRobot

8 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Epic eulogy for the Pats*. Couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Stupidest play in NFL history and it happened on the GOAT’s watch. Beautiful. And “planting Mac Jones into the center of the earth” is laugh out loud funny

I think you're right to use the word eulogy. People have been waiting for Belichick to resurrect the Patriots post-Brady as if it was something written in the stars. But instead everything the Hoodie did made the team worse, leading up to this final tombstone moment for his coaching tenure. I can't see Bill surviving this. But then again I could see him bring Brady back at 46 thinking he could rekindle the magic.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think you're right to use the word eulogy. People have been waiting for Belichick to resurrect the Patriots post-Brady as if it was something written in the stars. But instead everything the Hoodie did made the team worse, leading up to this final tombstone moment for his coaching tenure. I can't see Bill surviving this. But then again I could see him bring Brady back at 46 thinking he could rekindle the magic.

Bill will never get fired at least not in the normal sense. If the Pats do want a change at HC, then Bill will "step down" and become special advisor to Kraft or some other BS position. Basically, he will get paid millions to watch the games and offer his opinions to Kraft.

• Agree 3

I'm interested to know what Belichick has said about the play.  Did he own responsibility, throw his players under the bus, or something in between?

This situation is a lot of fun because it happened to the Pats*, but I think it raises a very interesting question about due diligence in coaching. 

How far does the coach's responsibility go as far as anticipating and then teaching about the possible implications of every possible split second decision that could be made by players on the field?  That seems like a lot to ask from a coach.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

38 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

How far does the coach's responsibility go as far as anticipating and then teaching about the possible implications of every possible split second decision that could be made by players on the field?  That seems like a lot to ask from a coach.

It’s not a lot to say:

”DON’T EVER do anything historically stupid with 3 ticks to go before OT!”

LMAO!!!! Mac Jones was already falling to the ground prior to the stiff arm like it was WWE Wrestling and he knew he was being set up for a move.

Patriot Radio broadcast of the play hahahahahahahahahaha

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He's probably whining to the league office about 'bad spots' for receivers' forward progress. 🤨

Pats fans are starting to realize what everyone was telling them...Mac Jones was made by McDaniels scheme. And he wasn't even that good to begin with even inthat.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/mac-jones-draft-scouting-report-weaknesses-ring-true.1159867/

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It couldn't have happened to a better, more "classy" organization or fan base. :rolleyes: :lol: :thumbsup:

This is hilarious too. Mac just sitting there dejected after being stiff-armed. :lol:

NLEHLVRVG6RAI6HCYLSSHSVJ6U.jpg

It's called Bradying. Seems they now teach it.

bradying.jpg

Edited by In Summary
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Bill will never get fired at least not in the normal sense. If the Pats do want a change at HC, then Bill will "step down" and become special advisor to Kraft or some other BS position. Basically, he will get paid millions to watch the games and offer his opinions to Kraft.

I think you're drastically underestimating Bill's ego.  No way he steps down and let's someone else coach that team while he is still around the building.  Also, would be an incoherently stupid move by Ole Rub N Tug to keep Bill in the building with a new staff around.

Its time for Kraft and Bill to mutually agree to part ways because the franchise needs a reset.  Its now glaringly obvious that Brady was the Patriot Way and Belichick is who everyone thought he was a great Defensive Coordinator who got very lucky to get the real GOAT in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, $30 million per year is falling off.  Holy *****

He doesn't make $30M.

https://www.outkick.com/jim-rome-salary-30-million/

There's no way in today's sports media that Jim Rome is making 3x more than SAS.

Even this video has only 9k views lmao. The average instagram influencer probably generates more revenue.

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think you're drastically underestimating Bill's ego.  No way he steps down and let's someone else coach that team while he is still around the building.  Also, would be an incoherently stupid move by Ole Rub N Tug to keep Bill in the building with a new staff around.

Its time for Kraft and Bill to mutually agree to part ways because the franchise needs a reset.  Its now glaringly obvious that Brady was the Patriot Way and Belichick is who everyone thought he was a great Defensive Coordinator who got very lucky to get the real GOAT in his prime.

With all of the winning he has done for them I can't see the Pats firing him even if Brady was the main reason they won. Bill might retire anyway. He is around 70 and doesn't need the money. 

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

LMAO!!!! Mac Jones was already falling to the ground prior to the stiff arm like it was WWE Wrestling and he knew he was being set up for a move.

Patriot Radio broadcast of the play hahahahahahahahahaha

Pats fans are starting to realize what everyone was telling them...Mac Jones was made by McDaniels scheme. And he wasn't even that good to begin with even inthat.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/mac-jones-draft-scouting-report-weaknesses-ring-true.1159867/

That forum has a lot of threads, but I did luck into one that made me believe that 'Matt Patricia Patriots 2022' is analogous to 'Rob Ryan Bills 2016'.  Not at football coaching skills, it's regarding being banned from 'all you can eat' buffets.

1 hour ago, The Avenger said:

I just wish Jim Rome wouldn't hold back so much - really hard to understand how he felt about that play - we may never know... 

Say what you will about Jim Rome. He grates on peoples nerves with his glossary and his arrogant snarky wiseguy know it all schtick. And I get it. I myself can only take him in small doses. 

But what I will say is that in this case he ROASTED belichick here to a crisp .  Much to the Bills faithfuls' delight, he Torches him OMGoodness ..in his own vernacular that was "an epic Blast"  Insert any other burn references I have failed to mention. 

Oh My goodness Poor poor Hoody 😏....NOT

lmaoo

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Greg S said:

With all of the winning he has done for them I can't see the Pats firing him even if Brady was the main reason they won. Bill might retire anyway. He is around 70 and doesn't need the money. 

He'll be 71 in April.   I just dont see the guy retiring unless its a forced retirement.   I dont think he has much of an identity outside of being a football coach.

I do agree the Kraft family owes him better than straight out firing him, but its obvious the team is going nowhere.   They probably wont bottom out but I cant see them being more than 3rd or 4th in the division for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

He'll be 71 in April.   I just dont see the guy retiring unless its a forced retirement.   I dont think he has much of an identity outside of being a football coach.

I do agree the Kraft family owes him better than straight out firing him, but its obvious the team is going nowhere.   They probably wont bottom out but I cant see them being more than 3rd or 4th in the division for the foreseeable future.

If the Jets find a QB (BIG IF) then I see NE in the basement. The Bills, Dolphins, and Jets have better rosters then the Pats.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Jets find a QB (BIG IF) then I see NE in the basement. The Bills, Dolphins, and Jets have better rosters then the Pats.

Fully agree and I think thats been Bill's biggest misstep.   His roster management has been very poor.  Wouldnt surprise me in the least to see him try and bring Brady or Garropolo back this offseason.

49 minutes ago, muppy said:

Say what you will about Jim Rome. He grates on peoples nerves with his glossary and his arrogant snarky wiseguy know it all schtick. And I get it. I myself can only take him in small doses. 

But what I will say is that in this case he ROASTED belichick here to a crisp .  Much to the Bills faithfuls' delight, he Torches him OMGoodness ..in his own vernacular that was "an epic Blast"  Insert any other burn references I have failed to mention. 

Oh My goodness Poor poor Hoody 😏....NOT

lmaoo

Yeah... It's funny... But kinda sad too. Belichick can take it. Not sure how the the two Pat's players can. Like you said,  Rome roasted them.

There's my compassionate side too. I had had to stop watching Rome half way through... Started feeling sorry for Meyers.

People, especially people like Rome gotta be careful.  Humans can only take so much ridicule. People kill themselves over ***** like this!

😬😬😬

Let it go Rome...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

It couldn't have happened to a better, more "classy" organization or fan base. :rolleyes: :lol: :thumbsup:

This is hilarious too. Mac just sitting there dejected after being stiff-armed. :lol:

NLEHLVRVG6RAI6HCYLSSHSVJ6U.jpg

MacCorkle probably felt like this before the last play.  His line for the game was:

13/31 for 112 yds. 3.6YPA, no TDs No INTs, 52.1 Rating.  4 Rushes for 10 yds.  Oh yeah, after the last play, 1 missed tackle!

• Like (+1) 1

I think labeling this play the most embarrassing of all time is overstating it a tad. We have all seen this last play overhand lateral sequence thousands of times (one very famous one against the bills). However, this is the first time any one of us through thousands of plays has seen the overhand lateral picked off for a TD. It was perceived as a relatively low risk move.  

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

MacCorkle probably felt like this before the last play.  His line for the game was:

13/31 for 112 yds. 3.6YPA, no TDs No INTs, 52.1 Rating.  4 Rushes for 10 yds.  Oh yeah, after the last play, 1 missed tackle!

It is really really hard to have a 52 passer rating with no INTs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Epic eulogy for the Pats*. Couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Stupidest play in NFL history and it happened on the GOAT’s watch. Beautiful. And “planting Mac Jones into the center of the earth” is laugh out loud funny

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's his 'Bill Buckner moment' and puts him squarely in the 'Hall of (B)ill Repute'.

Love. It.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

How could Br*dy have succeeded without Beli-CHEAT's cheating and spy network?  You give Br*dy too much credit and Beli-CHEAT too little.

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How could Br*dy have succeeded without Beli-CHEAT's cheating and spy network?  You give Br*dy too much credit and Beli-CHEAT too little.

Don't forget Belichick had real position coaches and...(drum roll)...a competent GM! That is probably the biggest problem with the Patriots, letting your hall of fame coach be the GM as well...which he's terrible at. I think Belichick's dog really is making the picks.

image.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.