Isaiah McKenzie Show 12/12 - discusses drops, his role, and offensive malaise

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Isaiah McKenzie Show 12/12 - discusses drops, his role, and offensive malaise
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of excuses so far about the weather - I’m about 15 min in. Garrett Wilson didn’t seem to have a problem catching the wet balls, just saying 

McKenzie pretty clearly has concentration issues on the field, I'm sure the weather was a factor but any time contact is even threatened he doesn't hold onto the ball.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of excuses so far about the weather - I’m about 15 min in. Garrett Wilson didn’t seem to have a problem catching the wet balls, just saying 

But...home field advantage, no dome. Could it be true that our own players don't want to play in bad weather either?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly what I said on Twitter in the discussion with him and some dude jumped down my throat...sounded like his personal ballwasher.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

But...home field advantage, no dome. Could it be true that our own players don't want to play in bad weather either?

He said he prefers the dome because they have a 250 mill QB who wants to throw the ball. But he personally doesn’t care about elements. But went on to break down the issues of weather impact. 

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Crazy.....McKenzie just tweeted his job away to Beas.

No link because my work computer blocks Twitter, sorry. 

It’s in the bease thread 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Complaining about targets? Really?

He very much complained about targets 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You were SO right about Wilson.

I was SO wrong. 

He’s going to be an elite WR very soon if his qb play allows it. 

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I've always felt like he has a great sense of humor, but he's taking fan comments/criticism personally.

Yeah… imagine having your every move criticized and not taking it personally.

Damn these football players for being more human than robot!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You were SO right about Wilson.

I was SO wrong. 

He’s going to be an elite WR very soon if his qb play allows it. 

He looks really good so far. The Jets are a good QB and maybe another WR away from being a really, really good team. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Complaining about targets? Really?

He's always seemed pretty open on this podcast so I don't think he's lying, he probably shouldn't have said it like this, but he's always kind of been like this. He probably actually should be asking for the ***** ball, because that's what playmakers do and if he's open and we're not moving down the field say something.

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah… imagine having your every move criticized and not taking it personally.

Damn these football players for being more human than robot!! 

You know what I mean.

As a pro athlete you have to know you can't live on Twitter and get heated over Joe Schmoe's hot take.

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

He still doesn't get it!! What does being open have to do with catching the damn ball?? 

Dunne asks him how he plans to approach his desire to be more involved. He doesn’t take accountability for maybe why that’s not happening. Actually low key blames Josh for not seeing him. Hello - He does not trust you to catch the ball, my man. 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

You know what I mean.

As a pro athlete you have to know you can't live on Twitter and get heated over Joe Schmoe's hot take.

He denies that it affects him or that he cares, but it’s obvious that it does 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's always seemed pretty open on this podcast so I don't think he's lying, he probably shouldn't have said it like this, but he's always kind of been like this. He probably actually should be asking for the ***** ball, because that's what playmakers do and if he's open and we're not moving down the field say something.

Catch the ball when thrown to you!! 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

He's probably entering DGAF mode when it comes to speaking out, knowing he won't be with the team next year 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You know what I mean.

I do. 

But there’s something ironic about people on a message board who discuss every little thing a player (person) does in their public life, shaming players for having emotions. 

Not singling you out… the whole concept is funny to me. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, StHustle said:

For your viewing pleasure…

He said if they win the SB this year he is done...said he has made a lot of money, played 8 years in the NFL, would have won the SB...said there is nothing else to do for him and he wants to go out on his terms instead of someone else's terms.  Can just listen to the last 5 minutes for this part...

Also said he will  probably drink alcohol and do some drugs for the first time in his life after he retires 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He denies that it affects him or that he cares, but it’s obvious that it does 

He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. 

Man oh man… I’d love for people here to actually be under a microscope like this. It’s taxing. 

I know athletes who have to turn their phone off because of the number of notifications they get during the day… I have friends whose parents are coaches and see the tweets about how their “Dad should be hung in the streets” because of a blocked punt. 

You say it doesn’t get to you because you’re trying to do the right thing… but it’s ridiculous to believe that these comments don’t add up and impact people. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He still doesn't get it!! What does being open have to do with catching the damn ball?? 

He caught 9 passes against NE 2 weeks ago...then follows it up with dropping a lot of passes thrown to him the next week...

Have to be consistent.  He doesn't get the ball because Allen doesn't know if he can count on him to catch it when he throws it to him.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You know what I mean.

It’s always amazed me that so many do.  

At least he hasn’t a pulled a Lamar Jackson.. yet.  

Fwiw, he seems like a great teammate who works hard, but I don’t get the vibe that football is his life (relatively speaking).. I would think that would make it easier to handle criticism from the most toxic place on earth, but maybe not. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dunne asks him how he plans to approach his desire to be more involved. He doesn’t take accountability for maybe why that’s not happening. Actually low key blames Josh for not seeing him. Hello - He does not trust you to catch the ball, my man. 

JA does not seem to want to throw his way - possibly the same for Gabe Davis.  In a captain obvious way, it’s evident from the moves the Bills have made with Brown and now Beasley that they are not happy with McKenzie and possibly Davis.

To me, Davis is probably best suited as an “off the bench” change of pace player and not the full time #2.  Absolutely not a #1.  Lil Dirty is only gadget player and probably not on the roster in a Bills uni next year.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.