Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

20 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

For starters Sullivan was jokin' around on a podcast, lets not be so sensitive and look to be offended at everything

He was the only guy left in the local media that was any good. The rest of them are just straight ass-kissers and if we're being honest, completely unqualified...

Sal Capaccio is a great example. Huge kiss ass and his background is in like teaching kindergarten or something, he's not a journalist. Guys like him should be the ones getting fired

You have to be Jerry.  Not even Jerry's parents would say something so idiotic as "he was the only guy left in local media that was any good".  Jerry was a one trick pony, and nobody liked that trick anymore. 

Sal is incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable.  Nobody in the buffalo sports market puts in more time and research than Sal.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This. He's always just been a whiner with nothing valuable to add. Seemed like he would be fine to get along with in person if just talking about normal things outside of the Bills.

People comparing him to radio hosts like Stern is comparing apples to oranges, IMO. A radio show has a template that's supposed to be funny and provocative, but they make that clear and they differentiate the off-color jokes on their show from the values they actually do promote. It's also like a comedian, like Dave Chapelle on stage.

That is not Jerry Sullivan. As far as I know, that's also not the purpose/template for the show, but I could be wrong.

Stern and Sully are night and day different… but the Karen’s that were triggered by Stern are similar to the Karen’s that were triggered by Sully.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

For starters Sullivan was jokin' around on a podcast, lets not be so sensitive and look to be offended at everything

He was the only guy left in the local media that was any good. The rest of them are just straight ass-kissers and if we're being honest, completely unqualified...

Sal Capaccio is a great example. Huge kiss ass and his background is in like teaching kindergarten or something, he's not a journalist. Guys like him should be the ones getting fired

Your comments here, generally speaking, stand out like a shining light is a darkness of ignorance and homerism. 

Almost no one here (other than me and maybe 3 others) gets this.

It's nice to know someone does.

Listen to Sal C.'s questions in post-game press conferences.  He literally asks, soft, juicy, leading questions as though he is trying to help the interview subject with his answer.

"Coach, it must have been rewarding to see the defensive backfield play so well now that it's gotten healthier, wasn't it?"  Yeah, that's a great question Sal.

Sal is jock strap sniffing pro football player wannabe, who thinks he is actually a PART of the team and the NFL because he is allowed to watch some practices and walk around on the sideline gathering information for the radio broadcast.  He thinks he's on the team and he is "in the NFL."

It's kind of sad.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jerry is that you? & Sal C is a great reporter. 

Sal C. is a good reporter.  Joe Buscaglia.  Mark Gaughan.  Jay Skurski - all write factual stories that question the Bills choices at times in a rational, fact-founded way.  Katharine Fitzgerald writes well, but pretty much straight factual reporting from what I've seen.  That's also historically been John Wawrow's role, "just the facts" and despite his partisan defense of his bud Sullivan and his tortuous Covid-interview questions, he's still a very good reporter.  Really starting to like TBN newbie Ryan O'Halloran.   Parrino and Talbot write good stories, but they trend a bit towards being "fangirl" and also have that habit of quoting tweets as sources which to me is just journalistic weak-sauce (even though they apparently did have a real source on Beasley, sorry guys).

Muki Hawkins and the Challenger News guy (whose name I'm blanking on) get some of the other reporters looking down their nose, but to my ears they effectively use a classic reporting strategy - they will ask some folksy, connection-building thing, you can see McDermott or Frazier smile a little and visibly relax - then they sometimes follow up with a pretty pointed "I know ball" question, and actually sometime get a non-canned thoughtful response beyond what the other reporters get (and of course, sometimes they don't).  In hindsight, Alaina Getzenberg knew something about Josh's elbow - that he was preparing pretty much as normal - and was making a spirited effort to get McDermott to "spill the tea" by being all bubbly and asking something like "watching Josh prepare this week, if you didn't know something was wrong, would you say he's completely normal?" (he gave her his "no soup for you!" look and I thought it was a weird question, but looking back, she knew something from chatting up guys in the locker room, so - Nice Try, Girlfriend.)

He-who-was-formerly-employed-by-Niagara-Gazette liked to confuse being a confrontational prick and having a negative narrative with being a tough reporter asking tough questions.  But the questions he asked or his statements were really "dead end" verbiage designed to elicit a negative reaction he could insert into his narrative, and tended to get his targets to give him a terse 1-2 word response and clam up.  Something something flies honey vinegar.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Your comments here, generally speaking, stand out like a shining light is a darkness of ignorance and homerism. 

Listen to Sal C.'s questions in post-game press conferences.  He literally asks, soft, juicy, leading questions as though he is trying to help the interview subject with his answer.

"Coach, it must have been rewarding to see the defensive backfield play so well now that it's gotten healthier, wasn't it?"  Yeah, that's a great question Sal.

Sal is jock strap sniffing pro football player wannabe, who thinks he is actually a PART of the team and the NFL because he is allowed to watch some practices and walk around on the sideline gathering information for the radio broadcast.  He thinks he's on the team and he is "in the NFL."

It's kind of sad.

How do you get so many things?!?’

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thanks. I live abroad and consume almost all my news through written media. Seems pretty big that a national media outlet would cover a small local story. 

Greg Gutfeld is an interesting personality, a comedian who comments on serious news stories.  I think they covered it because Jerry's Twitter profile actually said he was a flaming liberal and a women's sports advocate (you can't make that ***** up).  They had a field day calling out his hypocrisy.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:21 AM, jethro_tull said:

What sort of punishment should he get for "crossing the line"?    This world has become so thin skinned.  

There have been several on this thread with this "world has just become so thin skinned now a days" viewpoint, not intending to single you out.

Generally when I read or hear stuff like this, the translation is "I miss the Good Old Days when women and minorities didn't feel confident and secure enough to actually complain when we made tired, marginalizing, put-downs, and I'm pissed I can no longer pass them off as 'jokes' and make my put-downs with impunity ".  You know, those days when they all quietly "went along to get along" and rolled their eyes in private .

I promise you, I could find a few pointed remarks and "jokes" that would have you squealing with indignation like a little piggy.  If we were face to face, 10 minutes to suss you out and a few range-finding remarks, and I could make your skin will look thin like the finest strudel dough.  Only you won't call it you being "thin skinned", you'll call it me being "ridiculous" and "disgusting" and "offensive", because, you know, You (plural, those expressing a similar viewpoint) get to be the sole judge and arbiter of that.

That's really what it's about: whether only one group gets to be the judge and arbiter of what's offensive, or whether other viewpoints count.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Sal went to Newhouse at SU, which is widely considered one of the very best (top 5) communication and journalism programs in the entire country....

But yes, while he was trying to get his career going he was a teacher/coach while he was also working in radio at the same time.....You really roasted'em with that one. How will he ever recovery.... Good one dude....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes, quite fun indeed! 🤓

Is there anything quite like the simple joy of fighting with anonymous strangers over the internet?  

That is the basic function that this online community (and many others) serves.

It's not really about discussing football, is it?

What about cars?  What do you prefer?  SUVs, minivans, or old fashioned sedans.  Which is better?  I say whatever you pick IS WRONG!

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's kind of sad.

Envy. How Tragic 

Evidently, Jerry Sullivan has multiple accounts here.....or some members should start their own newspaper and hire Sullivan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Is there anything quite like the simple joy of fighting with anonymous strangers over the internet?  

That is the basic function that this online community (and many others) serves.

It's not really about discussing football, is it?

What about cars?  What do you prefer?  SUVs, minivans, or old fashioned sedans.  Which is better?  I say whatever you pick IS WRONG!

I have zero desire to trade personal barbs on this or any other forum. If you look at my posting history, it is the opposite of incendiary, purposefully so. I love my fellow Bills fans and am glad to have found a “home” here for my fandom. In truth I was on the fence about even responding at all to the personal insult insinuating I’m incapable of being “fun” at parties—I thought my reply was fairly milk toasty though, no? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Sully putting out a tell-all book on the Drought Years would be a license to print money.

Sal putting out a book on anything = NO SALES. :( 

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Sully putting out a tell-all book on the Drought Years would be a license to print money.

Sal putting out a book on anything = NO SALES. :( 

What could Sully possibly tell us about the drought years that he hasnt annoyingly whined about already or we dont already know?

"Ralph was cheap, and Russ Brandon was a womanizing scumbag". Wow, great headlines for 2008.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

What could Sully possibly tell us about the drought years that he hasnt annoyingly whined about already or we dont already know?

"Ralph was cheap, and Russ Brandon was a womanizing scumbag". Wow, great headlines for 2008.

If his credentials are gone forever, he has nothing to lose, and he could go into a lot more detail.

image.gif.61f4ff9b9064fadee561865ac681c6c9.gif

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

There have been several on this thread with this "world has just become so thin skinned now a days" viewpoint, not intending to single you out.

Generally when I read or hear stuff like this, the translation is "I miss the Good Old Days when women and minorities didn't feel confident and secure enough to actually complain when we made tired, marginalizing, put-downs, and I'm pissed I can no longer pass them off as 'jokes' and make my put-downs with impunity ".  You know, those days when they all quietly "went along to get along" and rolled their eyes in private .

I promise you, I could find a few pointed remarks and "jokes" that would have you squealing with indignation like a little piggy.  If we were face to face, 10 minutes to suss you out and a few range-finding remarks, and I could make your skin will look thin like the finest strudel dough.  Only you won't call it you being "thin skinned", you'll call it me being "ridiculous" and "disgusting" and "offensive", because, you know, You (plural, those expressing a similar viewpoint) get to be the sole judge and arbiter of that.

That's really what it's about: whether only one group gets to be the judge and arbiter of what's offensive, or whether other viewpoints count.

definitely making some assumptions that are a big stretch.  viewpoints count and acting with respect and civility towards everyone is commendable and should be the rule.  getting indignant and bent out of shape when someone makes such a comment is in fact casting judgement and not respecting that person.  every person deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt.    

much of our society is primed and ready to pounce at a moment's notice, in fact anger filled and looking for a place to direct it.  i wish that were not the case.  

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

About what tho? Detail about what?

Who was responsible for every front office bungle

Ralph vs. TD

Marv hired for GM , then Marv wanting to be HC again

AVP breaking his hand trying to keep TKO off of Bledsoe

… just to name a few, the tip of the iceberg, the list can go on and on.

ETA: The 2004 Steelers game, including Bledsoe at coin toss picking the wrong side of the field from what Meathead wanted… he could write a whole chapter on that game. Also Ralph telling Wade to start RJ in the playoffs instead of Flutie… GOLD

Edited by Rico
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's kind of sad.

Suck Up Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ralph vs. TD

Meh. Sounds like a snoozer about stuff we already know and moved on from. I feel like simply going through the TSW archive from those years could get you the same thing, probably with better commentary. If you want to wallow in those years for some reason, do what you need to do. But I doubt much of the fanbase wants to rehash that time when we have such a great team with a bright future to focus on right now.

Sully is officially washed up. His next move should be writing scotch or wine reviews for the local pennysaver.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rico said:

Ralph vs. TD

ETA: The 2004 Steelers game, including Bledsoe at coin toss picking the wrong side of the field from what Meathead wanted… he could write a whole chapter on that game. Also Ralph telling Wade to start RJ in the playoffs instead of Flutie… GOLD

Do you really think that a guy who isn't smart enough to keep the "women are the worst fans" thought to himself is keeping juicy details about the Bills to himself?  He would have spilled all of those details if he had anything negative about the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Meh. Sounds like a snoozer about stuff we already know and moved on from. I feel like simply going through the TSW archive from those years could get you the same thing, probably with better commentary. If you want to wallow in those years for some reason, do what you need to do. But I doubt much of the fanbase wants to rehash that time when we have such a great team with a bright future to focus on right now.

Sully is officially washed up. His next move should be writing scotch or wine reviews for the local pennysaver.

This thread is already 30 pages long over someone who’s been washed for years. If he did it right, everyone would be talking about it, and it would sell. Even those who would cry the loudest would be bending over backwards to see what he wrote.

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yes you nailed it. It is very sad. He is supposed to be a journalist not their buddy. And then WGR, every single day, "lets talk to Sal" geee I wonder what he's going to say? praise this guy, that guy, its useless

Is it so shocking to believe that someone would disagree with you that it must be a conspiracy??

Newsflash, Jerry Sullivan probably doesnt even read this silly blog site, let alone take the time to make multiple accounts

You mad, bro?

• Haha (+1) 4

On 12/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, Rico said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they also tried to cancel Howard Stern back-in-the-day. Haters gonna hate.

He was no holds barred politically incorrect to put it mildly - I haven't heard his show since the satellite deal but I imagine it is a LOT different than it used to be.  

54 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yes you nailed it. It is very sad. He is supposed to be a journalist not their buddy. And then WGR, every single day, "lets talk to Sal" geee I wonder what he's going to say? praise this guy, that guy, its useless

Is it so shocking to believe that someone would disagree with you that it must be a conspiracy??

Newsflash, Jerry Sullivan probably doesnt even read this silly blog site, let alone take the time to make multiple accounts

Jerry! It is you! Confirmed. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Do you really think Two Bills Drive is a blog?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Must be a conspiracy huh guys, god forbid someone disagrees with you or shares a similar opinion as someone else

But yet you refuse to answer questions directly. 

Do you think Two Bills Drive is a blog site? Yes or No

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Idk I’m kinda new here but it appears to be mostly fanboys with strong opinions.

I don’t really care what that is categorized as, but you sure seem to care. Why don’t you tell me?

well, you are on a bills fan site.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Idk I’m kinda new here but it appears to be mostly fanboys with strong opinions.

I don’t really care what that is categorized as, but you sure seem to care. Why don’t you tell me?

It's really not that hard to figure out. 

A blog is one person's opinion, mostly closed to replies from Russian bots promising dates with hot Russian women.

A message board is many persons, with either an exchange of ideas or promises of dates with hot Russian women. 

Something tells me you'd accept the date with the hot Russian woman.

As for me, I'm happily married to my personal version of Paige Spiranic. We "golf" a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.