Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Did you watch 2021 Cole Beasley when his production took a nose dive as he got older and injured ? He looked washed in 2021 playing for us, and he looked worse on the Bucs in 2022. 

Beasley might have some familiarity with the playbook, but he never played in Dorsey's system. His rapport with Allen has some value, but not enough to make up for his physical deficiencies.  

Do you think Dorsey's system is substantially different from Daboll's? Part of the reason he was hired was for the sake of continuity. Allen apparently asked for Beasley, so his opinion is worth noting. I thought he was washed last year. Maybe he is, but I don't see how Beasely can do worse than what we're currently getting from the slot and he might have a late spring and help us for the playoff run and post-season.

24 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Well said. Josh wanted this, and if he and Beane think it will help, trust their judgement. I am thrilled that Beane listens to the star QB and players in general on things like this. He doesn't let them dictate everything, but I think that his listening and making moves when possible (think giving Poyer that additional incentive in his contract before the season) is further building this great culture the Bills have and the trust between players/management. Beasley is a very low risk potentially "high" (relatively) reward move. 

I know many people disagreed with his vaccine stance and feel butthurt by the way he left, but everyone deserves second chances. He was a great team player for years and well liked and respected across the board. I'm sure he will keep his head down and is only here for one reason: to win. Again, Josh's word is good enough for me. 

This is Josh's team. He picked his OC. He asked to pull specific guys out of retirement. We signed your BF to a big TE contract. You pay your QB big money, you let him call his shots. I have no issue.

But that also comes with some responsibility. Your contract limits your weapons. When you pick your weapons/play caller, you open yourself up to bear the brunt of your production. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Not much downside here (please stay off twitter dude).

He is NOT banged up, VERY rested, JA familiar.

What's the worst that can happen? He catches a few balls?

Worst that could happen?

Idk he drops balls like McKenzie does already.🤷

Its really a no-lose situation unless you are intolerant of other views than your own.

• Agree 4

Really not sure how to feel about this.

On one hand, it wreaks of shear desperation and validates everything critics like myself have been saying about this team and Beane's mishandling of this roster in the offseason.

But on the other, if Bease has anything left in the tank it could be a season saving move in terms of getting this offense back on track to be able to win in the playoffs.

Guess we'll find out pretty quick either way.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

WE LEAD THE NFL IN DROPS.

If anyone is confused why we added Cole to the PS then check above and read that three times to yourself again.

Or…read below:

Drops are an issue. Don't get me wrong. But people are also conflating catch% with drops. Take the Jets game, Shakir's only target was basically a throw away OOB. That counts as 0% catch rate on the stat page. 

Also, Miami is tied in drops with 25 and they have Hill, Waddle, and Big Mike at TE. You throw the ball a lot, you get a lot of drops. We seem to be dropping a ton the last month. I don't get it. It didn't feel like a huge issue in the first 8 games of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think it's fair to say that a majority of the people incessantly whining about this signing are doing so solely on the reasoning of their personal vendettas they have against the guy. He was a very good football player for this team, his rapport with Josh is 2nd to none except Diggs, and if healthy/in shape will be a valuable asset to this team in our Playoff run. 

I have been reading everything, the people that are against this have unknown sign in names and boston accents. 

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really can’t figure out why anyone would have an issue with this.  Slot WR position has been a let down.  If he has nothing left he won’t get on the field.  If he has something left, he will be mixed in and see what he can do.  

Either way, there is like zero risk here and only potential to help a weak spot on the offense.  And he knows the offense and he knows Josh.  

I think this was a good move that presents no risk.  He will be cut if he is incapable of contributing.  

the risk is he will disprove some really hot hot takes that have been posted here.  if you aren't in the take merchant game, you have NO IDEA what it takes to come up with your own hot takes, to get them out on a moderated board, WITHOUT GETTING BANNED, and the THRILL of being able to say i told you so and lord your takes over everyone.

deep down in places you don't post about on gameday threads, you want these hot takes, you NEED these hot takes.  So either step up and post about some 12th ranked qb in the draft and how we need to draft him as our back up, or some barely understood defensive scheme we have to change over to immediately.  otherwise, step back and let the takes happen!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think it's fair to say that a majority of the people incessantly whining about this signing are doing so solely on the reasoning of their personal vendettas they have against the guy. He was a very good football player for this team, his rapport with Josh is 2nd to none except Diggs, and if healthy/in shape will be a valuable asset to this team in our Playoff run. 

I didn't like the distraction he created last year. Didn't like his comments on the way out the door. 

But if he can get back into game shape over the next 4 weeks and help the team, I'm all for it.

For all the crap he talked, he's swallowing his pride to come back. And the one thing no one can ever take away from him is that he is a warrior on the football field. 

Now we just need Jerry to force his release from Houston. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If anyone is confused why we added Cole to the PS then check above and read that three times to yourself again.

Or…read below:

what are you trying to say?

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

This ENTIRE situation was built and caused by how McD and Beane built this team.  Once again ignoring the offense, and now when we should be hitting all cylinders for the run we are trying to turn back the clock to 2019-2020.

They made a mistake, Beasley was most likely looking for a bigger deal in the off season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just get open on third down like usual, Bease. The Sneezely Beasley. 

I do wonder what he has left in the tank. He bailed after what, two or three weeks with ol' Tampa Tom? 

I also saw it mentioned that the dude replied to a tweet back in November that he was very happy not being in Buffalo so I wonder what changed. Wait, no I don't. They said, here's some money, go catch the pigskin.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This is fake news. We were told by @john wawrowthat Beasley and the covid drama nearly tor the team apart last year. There's no way they'd bring him back.

I don't know.. could be some "there" there.  

You just had people mad.  Maybe not even at each other.  Mad at the situation.  Some getting it and hoping others do just to stop dealing with the league rules.  Some not getting it and being annoyed at the league rules.  Some that got it because they aren't star players and didn't want to get cut over it.  

Then you have guys like Bruce Smith telling guys they don't care about the team if they don't get it... Yea, ok, I'm sure that sat well with a guy like Josh or Cole, when Cole basically played on a broken leg for us in the playoffs. 

Just glad we're past that... (knock on wood)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.