Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

35 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Based on what? 

He played two games in Tampa this season.  In week 2 against Green Bay he was targeted 4 times and had 3 receptions.  In week 3 against KC he was targeted once and caught it.  That, to my rudimentary math skills, works out to 4 receptions on 5 targets, or a 80% completion percentage.

Based on the fact 32 teams looked and have not signed him?

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If true then congratulations to Sean for finally realizing McKenzie sucks.  That took forever. Welcome home rock a bye.

McKenzie is decent. Alot of us wanted him back after last season. He had some dropped passes this past week, but he also caught some critical first downs too 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

So because Cole liked Tyler Palmer’s (who?) factually questionable tweet, everyone is assuming it’s true? 

I believe it has been confirmed he is in Buffalo. We just have no idea why. Is he even meeting with the team? Maybe he is selling his house? Or he is waiting outside Benny the Butcher's house because he wants to collab, but Benny keeps leaving him on read....

We just don't know. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

McKenzie has a bad week and everyone jumps on him. I didn't hear a peep when he had two very good weeks.   But yes, he has had some issues with holding on the ball when contested.

He has issues just running. He trips over his feet and the turf regularly. I think it was Rex that said this regarding receivers; "He's a receiver, if we're talking about his ability to catch the ball, that's a problem."

Anyone would be a better option than McKenzie @ this point. Cole will instantly supplant Isiah in the slot.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Based on the fact 32 teams looked and have not signed him?

That's one possible explanation.  Another possible explanation is that Beasley didn't want to sign with anyone else. 

I have no idea what is wrong with bringing him in and kicking the tires.  Unless people are still having a melt down over all the vax stuff and just can't let it go, I can't think of one thing the Bills lose by bringing Beasley in and seeing if he can still contribute. 

Not one single thing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

sounds like he made a mistake and is going to fix it, let’s get those chains moving again. 

We will see. I don't think he made a mistake. Cole was great for us, but his legs died halfway through last year. 

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

That's one possible explanation.  Another possible explanation is that Beasley didn't want to sign with anyone else. 

I have no idea what is wrong with bringing him in and kicking the tires.  Unless people are still having a melt down over all the vax stuff and just can't let it go, I can't think of one thing the Bills lose by bringing Beasley in and seeing if he can still contribute. 

Not one single thing.  

That they'd be better served with someone who actually can contribute. Hell I think Tavon Austin has more left in the tank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That they'd be better served with someone who actually can contribute. Hell I think Tavon Austin has more left in the tank.

You may be right.   There's only one way to find out.

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

So because Cole liked Tyler Palmer’s (who?) factually questionable tweet, everyone is assuming it’s true? 

Theres wayyyy too much smoke.  

Every Bills beat writer has basically confirmed something is going on. 

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

sounds like he made a mistake and is going to fix it, let’s get those chains moving again. 

I don’t think he made a mistake at the time. The cap space and some of the other issues made sense. But crowder’s injury complicated things because they are needing to rely on McKenzie who is unreliable and shakir who they apparently don’t trust yet. I have no doubt that if this happens, it’s because Josh told Beane that he wants him back in other for the offense to work the way it needs to. He trusts bease. If crowder doesn’t get hurt, we may have never seen so much McKenzie in the slot and crowder may have been able to replicate what bease did. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Unless he gained 200 pounds and can play on the right side of an offensive line, I don’t see any desire to bring him back.

Yes I liked his highlights, too. But he has gone downhill and was cut from a practice squad for christs sake. And he has specifically said he didn’t like Buffalo. 

Bease is an emotional dude, I bet he says a lot of things that later he wishes he had said differently or not at all. 
The oline is a reason why we need someone who can find the quick opening in a defense for Josh to throw too.

If he meets with the team and they think it’s a good fit, I’m all for it. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.