Groot, Epenesa & Lawson

Success

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Oh my!

That's the definition of "next man up."  With Von out, that's how those 3 have to play.

They look up to the task. They were outstanding today.

That really stepped up today. Hopefully they build on this. Don’t forget Jones, Oliver and Settle they also played well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Groot was an amazing pick. It's great to see him be this good in his 2nd year already.

Epenesa quietly having 5.5 sacks despite limited playing time. He could have some more if he learned how to tackle though.

Lawson was great FA signing. Hopefully he stays for next year under same conditions lol.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Mike White has NFL accuracy but I’ll be happy to play him for years to come with that lack of pocket mobility.  He is frozen when the rush is coming. 

On one play he looked like a deer in headlights with defense player running right at him.

Reminded me of Todd Collins who was starting too soon.

59 minutes ago, Success said:

Oh my!

That's the definition of "next man up."  With Von out, that's how those 3 have to play.

They look up to the task. They were outstanding today.

Yeah the DLine was tremendous...and in the run game mostly as well...no huge runs for the Jets today and a lot of runs for no gain or losses.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great games for them, though the Jets OL isn’t a great measuring stick and don’t really have any pass pro. 

Biggest key was the run defense though with DaQuan (for the most part, Knight seemed to have a much easier time than Carter on a few drives). 

Need that hunger all around Saturday though; hope it carries over

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.