I’m kind of Over the Hines Experiment

EmotionallyUnstable

I been telling people since we got him that he is fast and explosive.  Dorsey just doesnt know how to get people in this supposed complicated offense.  Perhaps its time that they get rid of this complicated offense and just do ***** that works like every other team does.  I keep seeing receivers in the same area all the time. Its stupid.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Can’t imagine what will happen to this thread if Hines pulls a McKelvin. I hope it doesn’t happen but this is the Bills we’re talking about. 

Hines has already accomplished more in 1 game the McKelvin did in an entire career. Bye bye McKittrick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The expectation when we got him was someone who was actually going to be a mismatch on offense. He’s been a good returner for us but our inability to actually use him on offense has been disappointing.

We heard all about how Hines can line up in the backfield, in the slot, yada yada yada.

I don’t blame Hines for not being used, I blame Dorsey. I don’t think he can consistently design an offense that can create mismatches or scheme guys open. 

All true. 

Maybe we add some new plays for playoffs that get the ball to Hines?   Quick hitters that get the ball to him on the run.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The expectation when we got him was someone who was actually going to be a mismatch on offense. He’s been a good returner for us but our inability to actually use him on offense has been disappointing.

We heard all about how Hines can line up in the backfield, in the slot, yada yada yada.

I don’t blame Hines for not being used, I blame Dorsey. I don’t think he can consistently design an offense that can create mismatches or scheme guys open. 

Actually my expectation when we traded for him is we now have a punt returner and kick returner Who is reliable 

And that he can be an emergency running back if cook or Singletary go down… with a couple change of pace touches 

Returning kicks and punts is the most dangerous job in the NFL… He needs to stay healthy and focused on that … 3-5 touches after is gravy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

That opening kickoff TD skewed the time of possession in the Pats* favor, and put additional pressure on our defense. In addition, it delayed the offense from getting into rhythm. And then Hines had the audacity to do it again! 

Almost cost us the game. Bench Hines!

(S/)

GO BILLS!

• Haha (+1) 10

He solidified the return game immediately upon his arrival, so I’m grateful for that. But I’m really looking forward to him being used in the role they wanted McKissic and McCaffery for and that is as a receiving threat from the LOS lined up against safeties and LBs. He can be a matchup nightmare if used correctly by Dorsey.

22 hours ago, Bandito said:

To think early on as you did Hines would improve the run game is hilarious. As a returner he has but not as a RB as he is 3rd string

Friend, Hines was specifically brought in to address our KO/PR issues.  Noone expected him to be the man at RB, or to unseat Singletary or Cook as our starting RBs.  

There's nothing wrong with eating a little crow now and then.  Hell I eat it all the time, and I find it you wash it down with a nice bottle of Chianti.....it can actually be quite satisfying! 

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bandito said:

To think early on as you did Hines would improve the run game is hilarious. As a returner he has but not as a RB as he is 3rd string

He is a pass catcher out of the backfield, wouldn't be surprised if they integrated him more in the playoffs. But no one who knew him thought he would be taking carries too help us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

He solidified the return game immediately upon his arrival, so I’m grateful for that. But I’m really looking forward to him being used in the role they wanted McKissic and McCaffery for and that is as a receiving threat from the LOS lined up against safeties and LBs. He can be a matchup nightmare if used correctly by Dorsey.

I don't care if he carries the ball even once in the playoffs. But not occassionally calling a wheel route or slant is wasting his speed & talent. Dorsey just has to figure out how to use him?

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hines has already accomplished more in 1 game the McKelvin did in an entire career. Bye bye McKittrick. 

Look again... While McKelvin made his mistakes, he a few excellent years as a returner and a few as a solid to good CB.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

He is a pass catcher out of the backfield, wouldn't be surprised if they integrated him more in the playoffs. But no one who knew him thought he would be taking carries too help us. 

Well this thread aged well.🤣

I don't get why he isn't incorporated more in the passing attack as he was catching 4/game with Indy.  This team needs some contributions catching the ball out of the backfield.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well this thread aged well.🤣

I don't get why he isn't incorporated more in the passing attack as he was catching 4/game with Indy.  This team needs some contributions catching the ball out of the backfield.

But then you'd need Josh to actually throw it to him.

He's been a solid contributor to the return game ever since he arrived in Buffalo.  Setting aside yesterday's performance, if all he does is return kicks competently, that's fine with me.  We don't need another RB right now, but it's great to have somebody playing ST who I trust more than McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Lol. No problem. But this will probably be my last post ever 😂 

I don't believe you ....

We are well aware

Not really pearl clutching. Even the slightest criticism is met with intense vitriolic responses. 

However, when this was posted, Hines was doing absolutely nothing and had a lot of people, outside this board, scratching their heads. 

Vince Young had a good game once. 

20 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Oh, got it. Still…This is akin to digging up JA rookie season threads doubting his abilities. No one could predict JA’s rise. No one else, and I mean no one thought for a hot second that Hines would return 2 kickoffs in a game. 

20 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I know you didn’t dig it up. I’m not fighting with ya, just sharing my thoughts. 

19 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I can kinda see where this is going so I’ll just say this to save myself….Hines is the best kick returner in the history of the NFL. The Bills are lucky to have him and he guarantees us a Lombardi Trophy. 

@Bandito sometimes you just gotta fall on the sword. Live to post another day. 

18 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I don’t know what this means but I 100% agree. Nothing worse than that. 🤷‍♂️ 

18 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Can’t imagine what will happen to this thread if Hines pulls a McKelvin. I hope it doesn’t happen but this is the Bills we’re talking about. 

17 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Unfortunately, Beane and Co. have no ba11s and will hang onto Dorsey. Can’t wait. 

16 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Fumbled a kickoff return….or punt, can’t remember to lose us a game against the patriots 

16 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Hyperbole 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.