I’m kind of Over the Hines Experiment

EmotionallyUnstable

48 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

We should use him in the slot more.  Play some tricks with moving him around and have him be sort of what we wanted in McKenzie.   I love McKenzie but he's been off this year with drops.  Hines is a beast but only if used correctly!

Hines was brought in as J Cook insurance/push and for special teams.  If Cook didn't progress or was injured Hines would take the role.  But Cook has progressed and is looking better, so I think they have held off of using Hines in that role.

The McKenzie insurance/push was the Beas pick up.  That, IMO, has more merit.

The Gabe D insurance/push was Smoke.  That also may need to be considered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:52 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Idk about ya’ll but I was excited about the additional of Nyheim Hines.

It seems they’ve slowly, and finally started to work him into the game plan. He was heavily involved early, and then McKenzie started to take over those snaps.

It seemed like every sweep, handoff, or target was sniffed out, or went no where. I wonder if there was some sort of formation tell, or they keyed into him based on personnel or usage, but it just flat out stunk.

I’m not a huge McKenzie guy, but age again had a solid game. 

Im kind of over this trade. Let him return kicks and get touches here and there, and revisit this in the off-season.

Singletary is my guy. Let’s let him and Cook take it the rest of the way. 

Two questions?

1.) What's your shoe size?

2.) How does your foot taste?

5 minutes ago, damj said:

Two questions?

1.) What's your shoe size?

2.) How does your foot taste?

I wish I had the time to look up old threads stating:

Trent Edwards is the one

Tyrod Taylor is the one

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one

Rob Johnson is the one

Bills have a historically great offense and defense 

Bledsoe will bring Buffalo a SB

And on and on and on…

Hines had a good game yesterday. Bledsoe, Edwards, Johnson, Taylor. and Fitz had good games too. 

Everyone should just chill. Hines has had one good game for the Bills.  If he keeps it up, great. If he doesn’t, people hunting down your post, or others, asking them to eat crow probably won’t be well received. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I wish I had the time to look up old threads stating:

Trent Edwards is the one

Tyrod Taylor is the one

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one

Rob Johnson is the one

Bills have a historically great offense and defense 

Bledsoe will bring Buffalo a SB

And on and on and on…

Hines had a good game yesterday. Bledsoe, Edwards, Johnson, Taylor. and Fitz had good games too. 

Everyone should just chill. Hines has had one good game for the Bills.  If he keeps it up, great. If he doesn’t, people hunting down your post, or others, asking them to eat crow probably won’t be well received. 

Hines has been the best P/KR we've had since Andre Roberts. That was evident in his first game.

Though I will say, I'm not too concerned with whether he gets more touches on offense, as some on this thread are. Devon Hester was one of the best P/KRs (certainly the best punt returner) of all time. As a WR, he was... pretty good.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I drove through Whitehall, NY, yesterday.  Many, many sasquatch sightings there.  I did not see one, but I did almost hit a deer in Vermont.

I once avoided being hit by a dump truck by hiding on the sidewalk.

Edited by Rocky Landing

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Not unless they are planning on having Josh kick it to Hines...

4 hours ago, BillsBy50 said:

It’s not “one good game” come on now. We finished this season at the top in Special Teams rankings because OF HINES.

you should probably mention that over 40% of Hines's kick return yards since he got to Buffalo happened yesterday--and almost all of those were on 2 returns....

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Hines was brought in as J Cook insurance/push and for special teams.  If Cook didn't progress or was injured Hines would take the role.  But Cook has progressed and is looking better, so I think they have held off of using Hines in that role.

The McKenzie insurance/push was the Beas pick up.  That, IMO, has more merit.

The Gabe D insurance/push was Smoke.  That also may need to be considered.

Isn't Hines also signed for another 2 seasons? I'd argue that he'll get ample opportunities to be a big part of the RB rotation, alongside Cook, next year. Two guys with SPEED is better than one. 

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Isn't Hines also signed for another 2 seasons? I'd argue that he'll get ample opportunities to be a big part of the RB rotation, alongside Cook, next year. Two guys with SPEED is better than one. 

True, I would like to keep Hines.  Both Cook and Hines are kind of slight and could easily be injured.  It would also provide some continuity year over year and maybe help smooth out some of the timing in the swing passes and screens.

While Hines is signed for more seasons I think it is one of those type of contracts the Bills could easily move away from.  I think Hines is scheduled to make around $4M which isn't cheap.  I think they'll restructure.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.