Highest graded defenders for Week 10 (Look who's 1st)

Gambit

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

“The D” or Benford. Benford who took a personal foul the first drive and allowed the 4th down catch and Benford who in OT took a 19-yard PI. 

Yeah, Benford was the only player on defense that had bad penalties and allowed Justin Jefferson to accumulate 193 yards. Got it.

The defense did a bang up job allowing 33 total points, a 350+ yard passing day, and a 190+ yard receiver. just stop 

16 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah, Benford was the only player on defense that had bad penalties and allowed Justin Jefferson to accumulate 193 yards. Got it.

The defense did a bang up job allowing 33 total points, a 350+ yard passing day, and a 190+ yard receiver. just stop 

I was talking about the two drives that resulted inside the 1 and only 3 points. You knew that but decided to get away from that argument bc you were losing it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We missed Tremaine massively when he went out. 

He has had a terrific year. Think the Green Bay game he was only average but every other game he has played he has been excellent.

Agreed.  But again though, two plays where he has his hands on the ball and doesn't come down with it.  His inability to secure the big play is borderline incredible.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Agreed.  But again though, two plays where he has his hands on the ball and doesn't come down with it.  His inability to secure the big play is borderline incredible.

He's a Linebacker. Not a WR, not a TE, not even a DB. If he could catch, he'd be playing offense. I'll happily take him knocking balls down, or even tipping them up for others to intercept.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We missed Tremaine massively when he went out. 

He has had a terrific year. Think the Green Bay game he was only average but every other game he has played he has been excellent.

He has had a very good year.    The hopes that he would become a Brian Urlacher or an NFL DOPY candidate are long gone.........expectations have been lowered........just not instinctive enough to make a lot of big plays.    But he has been excellent.   The days of being able to replace him with a Julian Stanford or Tyrell Dodson and not miss a beat in the short term are finally over.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

The big game changing plays were more of a necessity when he wasn't playing at a consistent level. Now that he is playing so well and not making big mistakes the turnovers are a luxury. Milano has had problems catching the ball this year too but we accept it because he does everything else so well.

Edited by HappyDays

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He has had a very good year.    The hopes that he would become a Brian Urlacher or an NFL DOPY candidate are long gone.........expectations have been lowered........just not instinctive enough to make a lot of big plays.    But he has been excellent.   The days of being able to replace him with a Julian Stanford or Tyrell Dodson and not miss a beat in the short term are finally over.    

The NFL DOPY award is McKenzie’s to lose!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The NFL DOPY award is McKenzie’s to lose!

I don't know if it could be heard on TV...........but when McKenzie nearly ran back to the middle of the field on the second to last play or regulation against Minnesota the crowd reaction was priceless.  :lol:

17 hours ago, mrags said:

Benford did completely whiff on a tackle that resulted in an 81 yard TD....

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Benford did completely whiff on a tackle that resulted in an 81 yard TD....

I’ve seen more defenders than I can count whiff on players for big plays in these past few weeks. Edmunds has done it a half dozen times. But let’s not talk about that because he’s so loved around here. 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know if it could be heard on TV...........but when McKenzie nearly ran back to the middle of the field on the second to last play or regulation against Minnesota the crowd reaction was priceless.  :lol:

We couldn't hear it over the sound of the more localized regional cussing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I’ve seen more defenders than I can count whiff on players for big plays in these past few weeks. Edmunds has done it a half dozen times. But let’s not talk about that because he’s so loved around here. 

Edmunds is loved around here?  He played well in this game... i don't know that you can really argue against that.  

I've been saying for a while, the dude is just a steady player. Might not always have the big splash plays but he does so much that goes under the radar. Minnesota scored 10 points in the first half and then all their other drives were three and out or a turnover. Soon as Edmunds went out, Minnesota had no problem. 

I think he's a guy you keep. He's the main defensive captain, his size and athleticism causes issues in the middle of the field for opposing offense. He has his flaws, he's not perfect, but you could do way worse. I'd like to see him and Milano remain together. They're a different defense when either of those guys go out. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Edmunds is loved around here?  He played well in this game... i don't know that you can really argue against that.  

I personally saw him take wrong angles, get blocked out of the play multiple times this week. He is what he is. Of course Dodson in a pinch is not going to be as good as the starter. But he’s not good. I’m sticking to it. Don’t want him back next year. 

On 11/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, Scott7975 said:

I dont care about PFF personal grades but Edmonds has played really good this year.

And really well this year.

But to the thread, how can only half a game count in the rating? That does not seem fair to the process or the others on the list.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CSBill said:

And really well this this year.

But to the thread, how can only half a game count in the rating? That does not seem fair to the process or the others on the list.

Just another thing to point to that shows PFF is BS. I'm an Edmunds supporter, but PFF grades are garbage.

Just give him a slightly increased Milano contract and be done with it. He is very good in coverage, he is a solid tackler, has good instincts and has speed. He is not good at rushing the passer but that might be more Fraziers fault. Overall I think he is a good top 12 to 8 LBer and a slight upgrade to the Milano deal would be a good contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.