Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree with this but let's not make it like Hines is a difference maker. It's an upgrade but Hines is just a role player who may get 5 to 7 touches a game. Settle down with your do your research crap. 

so, ~2x the touches that Gabe Davis gets isn't a big deal to you? He has the potential to be a massive difference maker. At the barest of minimums, he's an upgrade over Moss for nothing.

Edited by BullBuchanan

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree with this but let's not make it like Hines is a difference maker. It's an upgrade but Hines is just a role player who may get 5 to 7 touches a game. Settle down with your do your research crap. 

Because many on this board had no idea he was a top punt returner and have statements based on lack of info.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its not exactly a vote of confidence for how they think Cook is developing..

Cook looked decent on Sunday and reeled in a nice catch himself. Maybe it's that now they have two backs that can catch and run rather than one and you can have sorts of fun with two guys like that on the field at once with a TE and two WRs. What defense do you bring in? The two RBs and 2 WRs sort of dictates 3 LBs but then if you split them both out the D is gonna have a bad time. Matchup nightmare and they won't do it all the time but when they do it's going to be fun.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I think people are wrong on this who aren’t excited about this pickup.   This is a sneaky great signing.  Moss wasn’t doing anything for us.  We gave up almost nothing but landed a faster McCaffery-type who is a speed demon and durable back who can catch, return kicks and the like.  He and Cook sharing backfield duties will be unstoppable in the open field.  Minor cap hit but we probably won’t resign motor so it will be a wash.  Only reason people don’t think it’s amazing is because he’s been hidden behind Johnathan Taylor last few years. His potential in our offense is fantastic.  It’s really just a swap for Moss and a late round pick.  

I always think of this play when I think of Hines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndxPl1s84dk

Edited by Motorin'
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

I'm pretty sure I told you it was skewed once and then you went and told it a 2nd time so I grabbed the stats for you.

It's not skewed because you want it to be. He wad on pace for 10 less carries this year vs last year. That's not skewed. His opportunities were on a decline before this year.

Great trade; Hines is fast and productive out of the backfield as a runner and catcher.  Plus is an effective Punt Returner.  This is a really smart pick-up and aligns with Beane's and McD's philosophy of versatility and production.

This is not only for next year, but for this years' playoff run.  Hine's needs to be accounted for by the Defense, no question. This is another outlet for Josh.  Great trade.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I think people are wrong on this who aren’t excited about this pickup.   This is a sneaky great signing.  Moss wasn’t doing anything for us.  We gave up almost nothing but landed a faster McCaffery-type who is a speed demon and durable back who can catch, return kicks and the like.  He and Cook sharing backfield duties will be unstoppable in the open field.  Minor cap hit but we probably won’t resign motor so it will be a wash.  Only reason people don’t think it’s amazing is because he’s been hidden behind Johnathan Taylor last few years. His potential in our offense is fantastic.  It’s really just a swap for Moss and a late round pick.  

Agreed.  He’s got juice.  Nice playmaker.  Eager to see if they’ll use him like I was hoping they’d use cook

This is no home run but what the Bills need is only incremental improvement.  Maybe Hines gets 6 to 8 touches a game but replace those 1 yard carries with 3 or 4 yard gains and a few catches out of the backfield for a first down or two and that can be an extra 7 points on a successful drive and the difference between winning and losing against the better teams on the schedule and in the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Boy talk about the grass being greener on the other side. 

Hines isn't CMC nor should he ever be compared to him. That's absurd. The guy is a career back up and The Colts wouldn't just let him walk for free if he was so valuable. Slow down sir. With that said, Hines is an upgrade and he adds speed to the Bills offense. That's never a bad thing. Cook and Hines probably will rarely be on the field together. The unstoppable comment is wildly optimistic. 

I like the pick up but my expectations are somewhat tempered. 

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

He’s a great receiving back. Don’t hate it, but not sure what they do with Cook now.

Cooks going to be an important piece going forward.  He’ll be a good spot to learn from Hines who’s been in the Cook type of roll for a few years now and doing it at a high level.  Hines is also a good returner if i remember right.  

• Agree 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is no home run but what the Bills need is only incremental improvement.  Maybe Hines gets 6 to 8 touches a game but replace those 1 yard carries with 3 or 4 yard gains and a few catches out of the backfield for a first down or two and that can be an extra 7 points on a successful drive and the difference between winning and losing against the better teams on the schedule and in the playoffs.  

Hope you are right but 6 to 8 touches seems a lot...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.