Hockenson traded to the Vikings

Big Blitz

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Vikings now have a stud RB, WR, TE, and above average QB.  Also a very good D.  They made a move to put themselves in position to win now and later.   Unclear why we didn’t try to swing this.  

Why would we trade for a TE? That would be idiotic.

• Vomit 1

Just now, uticaclub said:

He tried to change the culture. When it works it works, when it doesn't it's Detroit.

These franchises are just strange. 

You're out there with Jared Goff expecting to win. 

The Panthers are there with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield firing their Coach. 

I think the Lions should go full Lions and just hire Brad Childress, or Adam Gase, maybe bring back Jim Caudwell again. 

Hockenson doesn't move the needle for them at all IMO. 

He's 50 yards per game. 

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Per everyone 

Amazing the Vikings make a move and it looks like again Beane will do nothing like the previous two seasons.  Last year the Rams made moves to put them over the top and we stood around and did nothing.  There are plenty of guys available that could help improve in various positions,  to not get at least one is so disappointing. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Hockensen is basically Dawson Knox 

There is no point unless you wanna run a 2TE offense

That is the point. People believe the Bills wanted to run 2 TE base this year. There is some talk of going after Noah Fant from local media people.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That is the point. People believe the Bills wanted to run 2 TE base this year. There is some talk of going after Noah Fant from local media people.

Ha!   Funny to look back on that.

I heard on WGR this morning that Knox is 35th in the NFL among tight ends for # of targets.

Very interesting move but I will never believe in a team lead by Kirk Cousins. Bills by 24 in November. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’d buy real low on fant.

32 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Hockensen is basically Dawson Knox 

There is no point unless you wanna run a 2TE offense

While I know there was talk about 2TE sets OJ Howard being released ended that experiment. Hockinson is better than OJ but will need to be paid next year. Knox was given the extension and I can't see Beane paying 2 TE's top 10 money. Solid move for Minnesota but not a move that would help Buffalo right now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.