Hockenson traded to the Vikings

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Amazing the Vikings make a move and it looks like again Beane will do nothing like the previous two seasons.  Last year the Rams made moves to put them over the top and we stood around and did nothing.  There are plenty of guys available that could help improve in various positions,  to not get at least one is so disappointing. 

and for like 30 years before that every other super bowl team did nothing.  

1 hour ago, MJS said:

No. We barely use one TE. What would be the point of having two? We aren't going to change our offense mid-season.

😉 I agree with you.   My earlier post was a tongue in cheek response based on the “epic trade” thread. 

I’m not against a trade, but for a TE?  Any TE, that would be unnecessary to say the least. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lost in the Allen injury, jets loss. Wanted to make this trade. The cost was frustrating to see and his 9 receptions with basically no practice with the team even tougher. We get to see him this week. This would have been as big or bigger than obj. Oh well. In the past. 

Edited by ngbills

Just now, ngbills said:

Milano and Edmunds both day to day

I think they're both practicing sans red jerseys today.

And when McDermott says "day to day," it officially means nothing to me now.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, ngbills said:

Lost in the Allen injury, jets loss. Wanted to make this trade. The cost was frustrating to see and his 9 receptions with basically no practice with the team even tougher. We get to see him this week. This would have been as big or bigger than obj. Oh well. In the past. 

How can Hockenson come in immediately with little knowledge of the playbook and have a huge impact. Yet Nyheim Hines is slowly coddled into the mix. Just so typical of McD.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

How can Hockenson come in immediately with little knowledge of the playbook and have a huge impact. Yet Nyheim Hines is slowly coddled into the mix. Just so typical of McD.

Add McCaffrey to that mix as well. 

We'll be lucky to see Hines get more than 5 touches per game until playoff time.  

On 11/10/2022 at 2:00 PM, Gugny said:

I think they're both practicing sans red jerseys today.

And when McDermott says "day to day," it officially means nothing to me now.

Which way do you mean that about McD s day to day?

You think it means these guys are closer to questionable/doubtful when he says it?

Or literally day to day from him can mean in, out, or questionable and he won't make any distinction 

18 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Which way do you mean that about McD s day to day?

You think it means these guys are closer to questionable/doubtful when he says it?

Or literally day to day from him can mean in, out, or questionable and he won't make any distinction 

All I mean is that he’s never going to tip his cap and whatever he says can be taken with a grain of salt. 

I’m not criticizing him. What he’s doing is smart. 

Until he says players are either in or out, definitively, it’s anyone’ guess. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.