Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this game allowed the Bills to test some guys out.  And they did well.  One of the few games in my 45+ years of being a Bills' fan, where I literally say that Pitt wasn't winning this game.  My only surprise, short of that what-I-thought-that-Cook-can-be run from Cook, is that they didn't try to figure out the run deficiency a bit more.  Again, Pitt wasn't winning this game.  Like, at all.  It wasn't close.  But the Bills have to run a little bit more, and here's to hoping that testing out new guys, with the depth on this team, is a start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Also, also... that failed play with Morris (I think it was?), do you not think that McD and Co were sending a message to KC for next week, as they watch film?  Because even with a slow start, after a couple of great opportunities, they weren't losing this game.  Hence they got cute?  But I think that cutesy play, and the depth of new guys who were involved, most certainly sends a message going into the next game.

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Hope poyer is available Vs KC. 

He is key communication keystone to D stopping big plays. 

Edmunds too.  Shakir made the slot WR position interesting.  Maybe they mix him and McKenzie in like they did with Crowder and McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Motor played well.

Chandman.  My thoughts are 15-17 for Motor, whether a run or short pass, jet sweep, etc.  And Cook for maybe five short passes.  Keep Moss riding the pine minus an injury, and use cook as the small level Kamara.  Dump off passes and let him fly, studder  step, etc.

Increase Shakir’s 3 RD spot responsibilities as McKenzie comes back from his concussion.  If Davis is 100%, ok, but if not on the ankle, let Hodgins or Kumerow of healthy alternate.  Morris is our second to Knox, but we need Knox next week.

id give rest days to all the dinged up guys.  IDC of Poyer, Phillips, Settle, Edmunds, Morse, Knox, Davis, or McKenzie practice until Tr or F.

Let the boys rest.  We need everyone for next week.  This is what we came here to do.

As Marv always said..

When it’s too tough for Beaker,

it’s just right for us!  

To the true Bills fans on this board like Simon, Chand, Eman, Donuts, and on and on..

WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT HERE,  RIGHT NOW!!

Lets Go Buffalo!

Oh , and one last thing..

The best song ever constructed in the world.

Im so fired up!  I think I’m going to watch Rocky movies non stop prior to the game.  Probably not as I’ll give

myself an aneurysm.  Have a good week boys!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It was an odd game.  We made so many great plays that they negated any mistakes, and we made a few.  

To start with the 98-yard Bomb to Davis and then Davis makes a one-handed catch on a contested ball for a 2nd TD.  WOW!!

To think we had an INT in the endzone and a fumble literally inches from the goal line.  Could have put up 50+. 

The defense gave them short stuff underneath and their rookie QB took what was given, but in crunch time the defense held them every time.   

Next week will be a B I G game, once again in Arrow Head. 

Hoping we get a few more players back (Knox, Poyer).  Did Oliver play, I didn't see him?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Edmunds too.  Shakir made the slot WR position interesting.  Maybe they mix him and McKenzie in like they did with Crowder and McKenzie.

Shakir is a revelation at slot. I don't see McKenzie highpointing that throw from Allen, and I see that pass going off Crowder's hands for an interception. He also did a nice job returning kicks, including (I think) not trying to return that wonky one that ended up on the three-yard line. He appears to be the real deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, finn said:

Shakir is a revelation at slot. I don't see McKenzie highpointing that throw from Allen, and I see that pass going off Crowder's hands for an interception. He also did a nice job returning kicks, including (I think) not trying to return that wonky one that ended up on the three-yard line. He appears to be the real deal. 

I was thinking the same thing when he caught that.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, finn said:

He had an excellent game, except for that and the pass he let go through his hands.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.