Andy Isabella (WR) 2nd round pick cut by Cardinals, on the waiver wire

ganesh

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I would not put in a waiver claim if that means picking up his contract but if he clears I’d bring him in for a workout.  4.31 speed and supposedly has experience returning punts which is a need now with Crowder out.  Do not want to see McKenzie in that role, it will be a disaster and fast.  Although honestly Isabella is basically Tavon Austin with less NFL production so they might just prefer to elevate him.

He's making $250k that's not a cap killer and I say claim him because who's to say someone below us doesn't claim him? See when the Terrell Suggs got cut. 

The answer is no. If the Bills waiver claim him, he has to go on the 53. Okay so who goes from the 53. Then we have to activate Tre White, Andre Smith, and Marquez Stevenson in the next 3 weeks. By the time Isabella gets up to speed to possibly even make a difference he will be back on waivers. 

The only thing you can say is if the Bills like Isabella more than Stevenson but that’s not the Bills M.O. to drop a guy they drafted and believe in and have worked with for 2 years. 

The Bills should go with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Hodgins, Shakir over the next couple weeks. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills should go with Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Hodgins, Shakir over the next couple weeks. 

So Diggs, a guy with a bad ankle, a concussed guy, a mid round rookie, and a guy who has been in the practice squad for a couple of year and has never played in an NFL game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

So Diggs, a guy with a bad ankle, a concussed guy, a mid round rookie, and a guy who has been in the practice squad for a couple of year and has never played in an NFL game. 

I love how you completely ignored the gist of the post. We just beat the Ravens on the road with Diggs, a bad ankle Davis, and a mid round pick. I’m pretty sure we can get by the Steelers without Andy Isabella’s disappointing career on the roster. 

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

That's just stupid.

Doesn't matter what team they play for, at some point they will play in the cold, especially if their schedule rotation puts them against 1 or even 2 northeastern divisions.

It's not inconceivable that (the Cardinals for example) could play the both NFC and AFC Eastern divisions and get additional cold weather outdoor game against one of the other 'similar standing' teams they face on the road.

The Bills play approximately 9 games that may be 'cold weather'. (how is that defined anyway? Under 50 degrees? Under 40?  30?)

So, in effect, the dome guy could end up with maybe 5 or 6 less cold weather games than a player in the northeast. That's assuming every road game in the last part of the season is outdoors, and it's frigid.

So that second round douche bag would give up over $1,500,000/year in potential earnings to not suffer in colder weather for a total of around 20 hours per season?

Should have honed his baseball skills.

Anyway, there must be a good reason the guy has been waived. 

In situations like this where athleticism isn't an issue, usually it's either a bad attitude and he's a team cancer, or a dude who doesn't have enough brains to grasp the playbook.

Yolo was talking about Will Fuller, a 6 year vet with $34M in career earnings, not wanting to play in the cold. You can make those choices when you are already sitting on generational wealth.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thanks.  3 underwhelming seasons.  It’s not rocket science.  OBJ, OBJ, OBJ.

Shakir plays for Davis this week, to give him two weeks rest prior to the Chiefs.  If we’re lucky, he’s ready for that game and maybe even Tre.

Sign OBJ before the deadline.  If he gets 6 game checks prior to the playoffs at $6.6 mil. (That’s $20 mil. had he been here for the 18 game season). He shops himself for these last four to five games and playoffs and gets his $20 mil. From someone else.

Bring up Hodgins if needed this Sunday and let Shakir play the slot if McKenzie is still in the protocol.

I'd be shocked if Beane spent $6,6M cap space on OBJ for 6 games. Truly shocked. If OBJ comes here it will be for much less imo.

In 3.25 seasons, a total of 447 yards, best season 2020 with 21 receptions for 224 yards. Last season, with the #1 receiver out much of the year, he had 1 reception for 13 yards. As someone said above, who do we cut to make room for him? Taking AZs trash isn't a winning strategy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=andy+isabella+stats&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS919US919&oq=andy+isabella+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i131i433i512l6j69i60.8427j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

In 3.25 seasons, a total of 447 yards, best season 2020 with 21 receptions for 224 yards. Last season, with the #1 receiver out much of the year, he had 1 reception for 13 yards. As someone said above, who do we cut to make room for him? Taking AZs trash isn't a winning strategy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=andy+isabella+stats&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS919US919&oq=andy+isabella+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i131i433i512l6j69i60.8427j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Spot on.  He has shown nothing in the NFL to date but will be good in Buffalo - not likely.

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I'd be shocked if Beane spent $6,6M cap space on OBJ for 6 games. Truly shocked. If OBJ comes here it will be for much less imo.

The way it sounded like on MNF OBJ would really prefer to return to the Rams.

Bills probably gotta be aligned for the #1 seed when he is cleared to return in order to get him to come to Buffalo because he does not have a lot to gain financially from a return to the field this season........it's a ring chase.

It's an interesting prospect. How well does Arizona develop young players and put them in a position to succeed? You'd think Isabella and his agent would consider getting him in here under McDermott, Dorsey, Chad Hall, and potentially on the field with Josh Allen. If we could get him onto the practice squad for a look-see I wouldn't hate it.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 947 said:

I liked him in his draft, thought he could be a 3rd round target for us. Cardinals grabbed him in the 2nd.

I haven't followed his NFL career, so no idea if he's developed at all. He was a healthy scratch in 8 games in 2021.

We need to add somebody at WR, it's either him or Beasley.

I'd say a 2nd rd guy getting dropped by the Cardinals after just over 3 years means no

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.